Lurker Turned Poster Due To Rainbow Rose's Diary - Time to start my own diary

I nearly said morning till I realised its afternoon now. :)
Where has the day gone already

When I had a sneak peak at the scales this week I had put on 2lb I have been really good this week as well am praying its down to water retention as I am mid cycle otherwise I am in for a very disappointing weeks weigh in.:(

I dont think the diet elves want me to reach the 14's seems like I've been stuck in the 15's forever and now I'm going backwards :rolleyes:

I feel very bloated this week and my tummy is definately sticking out more so I think it might be fluid but it doesnt usually hang around this long I usually put on 4 or 5lbs then as soon as I've ovulated it starts to drop off in 1 to 2lbs daily until its gone this time its stuck there never mind I still have 2 more days till WI so hopefully it will correct itself .

I am going swimming tonight so that will be my exercise for today . I was unable to Zumba last night due to the fact my ankle has blown up like a balloon I dont remember doing anything to it but it hurts only when I bend it or I'm going up or down stairs its just really really swollen I hope its ok to swim it should be cause it doesnt hurt unless I'm standing on it.

Anyway thats enough of me waffling on hope you all have a good day :)

Pookie 1999 said:
I nearly said morning till I realised its afternoon now. :)
Where has the day gone already

When I had a sneak peak at the scales this week I had put on 2lb I have been really good this week as well am praying its down to water retention as I am mid cycle otherwise I am in for a very disappointing weeks weigh in.:(

I dont think the diet elves want me to reach the 14's seems like I've been stuck in the 15's forever and now I'm going backwards :rolleyes:

I feel very bloated this week and my tummy is definately sticking out more so I think it might be fluid but it doesnt usually hang around this long I usually put on 4 or 5lbs then as soon as I've ovulated it starts to drop off in 1 to 2lbs daily until its gone this time its stuck there never mind I still have 2 more days till WI so hopefully it will correct itself .

I am going swimming tonight so that will be my exercise for today . I was unable to Zumba last night due to the fact my ankle has blown up like a balloon I dont remember doing anything to it but it hurts only when I bend it or I'm going up or down stairs its just really really swollen I hope its ok to swim it should be cause it doesnt hurt unless I'm standing on it.

Anyway thats enough of me waffling on hope you all have a good day :)

Pookie --

Try going low carb -- and only whole grains etc. and have no carbs after lunch. No calories after 8 p.m. and see if that does not help. Along with the 16oz of water before eating. And water with 15 min of waking.

The Skinny Rules along with your chosen weight loss plan should help.

Let's break through that barrier. I'm hoping to be in another store bracket soon.

Mel.

Looks like all good news here. (apart from water gain and that's temporary)

I wore a sari to get married in and no idea where it is now. I'd left it at my m-i-l's and she stored it in her garage then rats attacked her boxes.... but in 5 years time for our silver wedding we WILL have a big party and ill wear a skinny dress. C doesn't know that yet, lol, so don't tell him too early he'll get scared.

Morning Fi --

Fionut said:
Looks like all good news here. (apart from water gain and that's temporary)

I wore a sari to get married in and no idea where it is now. I'd left it at my m-i-l's and she stored it in her garage then rats attacked her boxes.... but in 5 years time for our silver wedding we WILL have a big party and ill wear a skinny dress. C doesn't know that yet, lol, so don't tell him too early he'll get scared.

After 25 years, I think a girl deserves a new dress, anyway. I'm getting one to wear with that ball gown for the cruise that he better take me on!

MinnieMel said:
Morning Fi --

After 25 years, I think a girl deserves a new dress, anyway. I'm getting one to wear with that ball gown for the cruise that he better take me on!

Ooh a cruise, nice. Want one as well

Pooks,

I finished my voodoo doll!

image-1803000273.jpg

And now it's Friday the 13th!

image-1320149497.jpg

Not keen on the fact its Friday the 13th
Not keen on the fact that Mels finished her voodoo doll of me

But I did lose 1lb this week and it has been an complete and utter struggle to get the scales to register down at all this week I swear they are broken :8855:

I have had to swim the last couple of nights to make any difference at all and last night I went straight after work thats comittment for you ;)

Not doing too well in my hoilday challenge now have 25lbs to lose in 10 wks. :(

Have a good day everyone :)

Pookie 1999 said:
Not keen on the fact its Friday the 13th
Not keen on the fact that Mels finished her voodoo doll of me

But I did lose 1lb this week and it has been an complete and utter struggle to get the scales to register down at all this week I swear they are broken :8855:

I have had to swim the last couple of nights to make any difference at all and last night I went straight after work thats comittment for you ;)

Not doing too well in my hoilday challenge now have 25lbs to lose in 10 wks. :(

Have a good day everyone :)

Ahhh Pooks --

Congrats on the loss. I was kidding about the voodoo doll. Here is an antidote:

image-4155517945.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Rose

I'm trying really trying but no matter what I do it has slowed right down

Yes who would have thought I would be doing all this exercise unbelievable if you'd told me last year I'd be doing any exercise at all I'd have laughed my head off and here I am now doing it practically every day :eek: Dont get me wrong I still hate exercise with a passion and would still love to sit on my lazy fat butt all day :rolleyes: But i know it is helping with the weight loss no end so on I go.

The only thing that might have made a difference in slowing the weight loss I can think of is that I have done hardly any Zumba for the last 3 weeks due to my knee and before I was doing it 3 to 4 times a week so knee is better now till next time it goes so will try introducing Zumba back again this week and see if it makes a difference

could be hun?..i used to zumba too, but somehow fell off the zumba wagon, i actually quite liked it..maybe its time i got zumba'ing too?...i was feeling quite fed up with the lb losses then got a lovely sts..but gotta practise what i preach...its better than gaining..i reckon our metabolism just needs a wee push in the right direction?

a while ago, the nurse told me if i reach a stubborn stage, i could think of xenical, i don't even go to the nurse now..naughty naughty..thinking maybe i should get back on that track? Pondering wether to give myself another month, add up the weight loss and if i feel i need a push, i'll consider xencial for a month...i used them years ago, and lost 8 or 9 lbs in the first week!!! I could do with that, just to lighten my mood as well as my body! tee hee

i'll see what damage i can do in the next 4 weeks!

are you swimming tonight?

I dont think so its costing a fortune I might look into a monthly pass to see if thats cheaper they are starting Aqua Zumba next week so I might try that as well as my normal Aqua class to see what its like.

The thing that puts me off xenical is the side effects if you eat anything you shouldnt the way it upsets the tummy I already suffer from diverticular problems due to a kink in my bowel so I dont want to make that any worse besides I've never been one for pills and potions I'd rather suffer its what comes from working in a pharmacy for all these years.

image-63752120.jpg

Great loss Pooks. I know you wanted more hun, but it's still a loss. Well done! :)

I would never try any weight loss tablet. Have heard some terrible things. I know you're not supposed to eat any fat when taking them and I just couldn't do that.

Have a great day :) xxx

hi ladies, yes the side effects can be 'worrying' but it had the opposite effect on me..i made sure i didn't eat fat in any shape or form hee hee.. as i didn't want and I didn't get the tango orange effect that many report ;)... anyway,i might have a huge weight loss over the next month!!!! ha ha..and not even consider it again :)

Well done on the loss Pooks and don't worry about Mel and her dolls; the karma lords have gathered and are considering if action needs to be taken ;)

Rosie not eating any fat can be very bad for you, we need the good fats. Not a big fan of Xenical or any weight loss meds to be honest. Only do meds when it is absolutely essential myself. Plus if you hop over the Xenical thread there seems to be a supply shortage most of the time lately.

Pooks do you do any exercise with weights? That type of exercise is supposed to be the best for burning off the fat.
Don't get disheartened just keep on with what you're doing you'll probably get a huge loss one of the weeks to make up for all the small ones.

Back