Lurker Turned Poster Due To Rainbow Rose's Diary - Time to start my own diary

Pookie 1999 said:
Oh I'm sorry Mel what is wrong with your Dad

Thanks.

He is almost 79. He has been (for over 20 years) morbidly obese.

He was an Air Force officer, amazing athlete, is an engineer, physicist, etc. however, alcohol addiction followed by (or on conjunction with) food addiction has led to an unhealthy miserable existence.

He has hyper mobile joints (as do I - it's a genetic condition) and wore out both knees and his shoulder joints by playing golf (was pro at one time) and then becoming overweight.

He's had the knees replaced -- and that helped a lot.

But in recent years the obesity had caught up with him - and he is on medicine for diabetes and its related effects, his heart, edema, etc. recenty he has had intractable pain in his back and the doctors have not been able to determine its origin or alleviate the pain.

He had stopped eating, taking his medications, he's grown weaker, had a few falls, and the called an ambulance last night. He is in the hospital, back on his medication, getting morophine for the back pain, and liquid nutrition. He has improved a lot.

My niece has ordered a special bed, had gotten a wheel chair, and is looking into a lift chair. She is also going o see about hme health care assistants.

I'll call my sister in a few hours (it is only 4:00'am there) and see what she thinks I should do.

That's the spirit, keep optimistic hun...its all going to work out okay..one day we'll all meet up and remind each other of the moments of dismay..that made us look as fab as we all do on the day!!! :)

thankyou so much for lovely post Pookie... when my brain is in gear (not that often!) i 'sometimes' know the right words to say..but when i don't..i just stay quiet!!! tee hee

I bet any difficult pounds are due to totm :)

sleep well my friend x

I'm sorry but did Rosie just say "stay quiet" there :eek:

Hi pooks, hope you're having a good day. Did any cleaning or tidings get done? Lol xx

Yes Thank you Rose have been dutifully kicked up the bum by your good self and looking on to this week a new day and all that ;)

Hello you, just read a weeks worth of diaries. You're getting there! And slow and steady wins. Totm is a pain in the bum, err tummy, err somewhere, but its seems to be the reason why its a lb. Not going to say only a lb cos a lb is a big deal. :)

Hi Fi
Long time no see where have you been - away?
Good to have you back anyway I have diaries to catch up with too

lovely day here again mowed the lawns yesterday that was hard work it was so wet underneath and so long and now I am just about to go weed the front gardens and get them looking less like a jungle then try and get the back garden done in the rest of the week

Hopefully if you are all still there when I get home I have Aqua zumba tonight followed by another Aqua class followed by an hours swim so if I'm not dead on the floor after that lot I will see you there
Me and Squeezy are going as the terrible french twosome twins dressed in blue and white stripe top and onions round our necks not to mention the tandem :8855:

image-1597110585.jpg

Don't forget your berets and bagettes!

Fab fitness, Pooks.

Pookie 1999 said:
Hi Fi
Long time no see where have you been - away?
Good to have you back anyway I have diaries to catch up with

Hey, I was snowed under with work, but things move so quickly here that you miss a couple of days and you can never catch up!

Morning Pooks!

Happy Tuesday!

image-2216509519.jpg

I don't know what you wore home... But I found your shirt at Kate's parent's place. You show up late and leave shirtless!

Why are you hanging out with this cat?

image-2078730176.jpg

Back