Lying about your weight

Squiddie you are brave, I never have my photo taken, I never look in a mirror either below my face, I just can't face the body that I have let myself become....

Squiddie, you are very focused and motivated and have done brilliantly with your weight loss.

Personally, I dont care who knows my weight it's a number but when I was younger it did matter a great deal. How personal you keep that is up to you but you could always say to people you are acively losing weight at the moment but do not wish to discuss you weight, the important thing is you are healthy eating and that will get you to your goal.

Re the excercise. I was very very unfit and very large. My gp referred me to a scheme where you go to the gym for next to nothing and have your own personal trainer, it's always hen the gyms quiet. I am still very fat but so so much fitter and really enjoy going to the gym now.

Godd luck keep motivated, you are doing great!

I do that too if anyone asks how much I weigh apart from family I just say I don't know I don't weigh myself even though I get weighed at the drs each week, I also though it was just me that done it glad to hear there are other people in the same boat!! :)

I dont discuss my weight even with my boss who I do SW with or my sister who does it with me.
I was watching biggest loser and saying to my husband why are they even on here they weigh at the start what I would be happy to get down too lol. I don't think anyone knows what I weigh because I dont think I look 20st + not saying i look small or anything but just dont think anyone knows its that bad. Few guys at my work were chatting about losing weight and being 16st and I was thinking oh man I would kill to be 16st but was careful not to say anything.
My boss is really open about her weight but shes only 13st I think and I would probably be at target if I was there. Not that i begrudge anyone trying to lose weight for there own personal reasons (unless they are unhealthily underweight).

only the sw weigher and here know my true weight my friends know i am at my lightest in years but also it scares me when i think of how much i still have to lose to get me into a 'normal' range

Squiddie, i started at 24 stone too and feel exactly the same. i also wont reveal all until I am where I want to be, but i just know that instead of admiration for my loss, they will still be reeling from omg, she was 24 stone. And yes, its always the skinny beaches who dont have a clue as to our 'problem'

I also know a couple of 'friends', who will be very crafty in the way they ask about my weight loss...........

'How much have you lost now then?'
How much do you want to lose all together?
Whats the target your'e aiming for then?'

Crafty - nice try!! You see the frustration that because youve avoided the answer to one of the above q's, they cant do the maths!!

At the end of the day - its no one else's blinkin business, and when we are ready to shout it from the rooftops we will !!

Best wishes
Abby x

WERE GUNA BE SLIM, and i cant wait for the day squiddie when our headlines on here say- OMG im in a size 12 then we all can put amazing photos on of ourselfs of how good were looking lmao !!! this is a ace forum and keeps me motivated when i feel like crumbling, godd news in been to see my gramar n grandad to day who i havent seen for 2 months(they both know i started sw and every thursday i have to text her n let her know how im getting on so she can congratulate me) and she was AMAZED she couldnt belive the change in me, and thts only after 1 and half stone, i was sooo happy, cant wait till ive lost the same again so she can see the difference( my face has slimmed alot tho) just need it to cum off everywere else now hehehehe
laura xx

:eek:I'd tell them to P off it's none of their business . If they were true friends they would only be happy that you have done so well so far & should be helping you.

"YOU ARE A STAR " & dont let anyone tell you any different.

Hi Natt :D

I don't know if I can eally add anymore than everyone alraedy has. I have alwaus just told people what I have lost and not revealed my weight. It is only now that I'm close to target that I'm willing to admit my original weight. Purely becuas I had been ashamed of the state I had let myself get into!

The best advice that I can possible give you is to stop concentrating on what you are now and concentrate on your aim.....the past is irrelevant! Concentrate on your future :D

K xx

I never used to tell people what i weighed, i remember my weigh in at SW, finding out i weighed 16st 12.5lbs...wow...It was at my biggest ever, and it shocked me as to how i'd let myself get so bad. I didn't tell people, said i was 12/13st...when in reality i'd kill to be 12/13st! lol

Now i've lost 1st 4lbs...I'm a bit more open, and i've accepted how bad my weight as gone, I'm happy to tell a doctor i'm obese, or tell my friends how much I weigh, i'm not denying it any more, and it was that denial that i think stopped me from loosing it!

I also know a couple of 'friends', who will be very crafty in the way they ask about my weight loss...........

'How much have you lost now then?'
How much do you want to lose all together?
Whats the target your'e aiming for then?'

This is exactly what I get! They never say, how much do you weigh then? If I say I want to loose 14 stone, and they know that 10/11st is about where I should be, then they're going to work it out!

If I had fatter friends, or older and more mature, it would be a different story.

I know what I weigh and I know I've been punishing my body and I'm dealing with it. I don't need to risk emotions on something that may or may not happen!

People shouldn't be so nosey!

Thanks everyone,
much love!

Natt xxx

i dont think people will care what you weighed natt to them they will see it come off and admire you for doing something about it,you see so many overweight people who just dont seem to care and stuff them selves silly with such fatty foods but your not doing that you have admitted to yourself your problem and joined a class to rectify it,also dont be embarrased in the gym i admire you for goin in the first place cause i dont and who says those people in there didnt start off in the same position as the rest of us,one day you will be the slimmest fittest person there and see another over weight person come in and realise that you was that person once,chin up your doing a great job on your journey keep it up!

i sort of lied about my weight as well. when i was 12 stone i used to tell people im 13 stone. i dunno why i did that.

personally i dont really care about weight. im like 12.5 stones now. its the fat which is important. honestly, after i get rid of the fat in my body i wouldnt care if i was 15 stone. i hate seeing the fat ive gained over the last 4 years. its not exactly hugely noticable from outside, but after having very little body fat all my life to having a role in my stomach now, its quite a big change for me.

whats a lil bit more intresting is if i tense my stomach i can feel my packs deep inside, its still quite hard and defined.

but yeah, i dont think you should have to tell people your weight. weight loss should mainly be for personal reasons, i do miss some of the attention i used to get from the opposite sex, actually i will admit it, i love attention, and now that im getting less attention, i dont like it. basically i wanna wear tight jeans again, and tight shirts with 2-3 buttons left open again. not so i can sleep around with girls, (you dont need to loose weight to get that), but so i can look in my mirror and think yes, i like it. the confidence that knowing your in good shape gives is amazing. i would talk to anyone and everyone.

some people may not like me and the way i think, im just being honest. when i used to have a 6 pac stomach, i used to go school and make everyone feel my stomach lol. but when a popular girl would wanna be friends or speak to me, i wasnt really too interested because i liked my current friends.

Or alternatively they can all f**k off and stop being so nosey!! :D

I think I go along with this Natt lol. If people ask me how heavy I am or how much I have to loose, I say you tell me how much money you have in the bank and how much you earn and I'll tell you. Tends to shut em up smartish. Its no bodies bussiness except yours and its your choice if and when you tell anybody.

xx

Back