Lyndsey's Slim and Save Journey to goal (with pics pg 28)

I'm battling the demons at the moment. I still want to loose weight but finding it hard to stay focused. I always get to around the 14.7/15 Mark and get at a sticking point I just need to push through it.

Hey hun u can do it :) js keep it up n stay busy or have a nap/movie or srart watchin a series :) i strted watchin vreakin bas ysay lol may tke me one or two episodes to get into it lol bt after hearin so much gd reviews on it js had to start watching it hehe xx

I'm battling the demons at the moment. I still want to loose weight but finding it hard to stay focused. I always get to around the 14.7/15 Mark and get at a sticking point I just need to push through it.

You hit the nail on the head there. Subconsciously you think of that mark as a barrier you can't cross so mentally you're almost preparing yourself to fail. I do the same thing roughly at a 200 lbs mark. The thing is. It's just a number. The trick is not to allow the number define or defeat you. Just push through it. Maybe try not to weigh yourself for a few weeks which will allow you to forget about the number and let you focus of hitting your goal. I promise you, it can be done. Just remain positive and fight though it.
:)

M x

What M said, good advice there x

Well done on your loss Lyndsay :) and I agree with what the ladies above have said . I will need to remember this when I get to 16 stone x

You hit the nail on the head there. Subconsciously you think of that mark as a barrier you can't cross so mentally you're almost preparing yourself to fail. I do the same thing roughly at a 200 lbs mark. The thing is. It's just a number. The trick is not to allow the number define or defeat you. Just push through it. Maybe try not to weigh yourself for a few weeks which will allow you to forget about the number and let you focus of hitting your goal. I promise you, it can be done. Just remain positive and fight though it. :) M x

Wise words M and very true xx

Hi - sorry to hear you're struggling - we all do at times - but you've done too well to blow it now (listen to me - one who's done exactly that sooo many times!) hopefully with this site, OH's support and the willpower you obviously have, to get this far - you'll get over it.

Could you have a rethink about what you're eating - p'raps you're getting bored - or as the saying goes a change is as good as a rest?? There's lots of ideas here - would they help you change/enjoy what you're eating during this tough patch - good luck - hope the demons move on soon.

Hey hun u can do it :) js keep it up n stay busy or have a nap/movie or srart watchin a series :) i strted watchin vreakin bas ysay lol may tke me one or two episodes to get into it lol bt after hearin so much gd reviews on it js had to start watching it hehe xx

I've kept busy today with going out and about. I wish the kids would let me watch something other than fox & the hound or Mickey mouse lol x x

You hit the nail on the head there. Subconsciously you think of that mark as a barrier you can't cross so mentally you're almost preparing yourself to fail. I do the same thing roughly at a 200 lbs mark. The thing is. It's just a number. The trick is not to allow the number define or defeat you. Just push through it. Maybe try not to weigh yourself for a few weeks which will allow you to forget about the number and let you focus of hitting your goal. I promise you, it can be done. Just remain positive and fight though it.

M x

I think I'm going to hide the scales for a month or so. Measured my self and I've lost 6 inches off my hips and waist so I know I can do it and it's working.
Thanks M x

Hi - sorry to hear you're struggling - we all do at times - but you've done too well to blow it now (listen to me - one who's done exactly that sooo many times!) hopefully with this site, OH's support and the willpower you obviously have, to get this far - you'll get over it.

Could you have a rethink about what you're eating - p'raps you're getting bored - or as the saying goes a change is as good as a rest?? There's lots of ideas here - would they help you change/enjoy what you're eating during this tough patch - good luck - hope the demons move on soon.

Thanks for posting. I'm going to keep on with what I'm doing and hope I get the woosh of weight loss soon. Plus I have 10 weeks worth of SnS and a bridesmaid dress to fit in to ib 8 weeks!!!

Thanks to everyone who has posted I'm planning on remaining on SnS for aleast the next 10 weeks while I have my packs and going to try and stick to it 100%.

Looking back my weight loss has slowed down since I've started adding extra veg and protein so I'm going to try and stick to just my packs for a couple of weeks.

I've also decided I'm going to try and avoid the scales as there nit encouraging me at all.

I'm still very determined to loose weight and it works for me, even if I'm not 100% I can pick it back up and get a loss. If I was on any other diet it would of been a gain this week.

I think I'm going to hide the scales for a month or so. Measured my self and I've lost 6 inches off my hips and waist so I know I can do it and it's working. Thanks M x

Thats amazin iinch loss alredy hun yaaay u can do this and ten weeks will fly by :) xx

May I recommend a tick chart for you to tick off the days or the weeks - sometimes a visual indication of seeing your initial goal (the wedding you're going to) can really help psychologically. And seeing it ticked off each day knowing you've had another good day could give you a buzz?!

I'm making one up just to get through this week. I'm coming off plan Friday night and Saturday night and have planned nights off sat 1st and sat 8th too!! So going to make a chart to tick off as I can feel myself wavering into the 'oh you're coming off anyway' territory! Grr.

Good luck hun! You'll do great Xx

May I recommend a tick chart for you to tick off the days or the weeks - sometimes a visual indication of seeing your initial goal (the wedding you're going to) can really help psychologically. And seeing it ticked off each day knowing you've had another good day could give you a buzz?! I'm making one up just to get through this week. I'm coming off plan Friday night and Saturday night and have planned nights off sat 1st and sat 8th too!! So going to make a chart to tick off as I can feel myself wavering into the 'oh you're coming off anyway' territory! Grr. Good luck hun! You'll do great Xx

Mrning hun i may do tht too for two weeks to a months time :) to try n keep me on track tooo hehe xx Im having one day plan off nx friday thinkin chicken pasta frm boots not the mayo version one bt the tomato one half before drinkin n half for after drinkin n jumpin bk on plan nx day u think tht shud b k? And defo nt drinkin lots prbz abt five drinks in total one of each lool .... Wts u think? N then nx mrning drink lots n ltos n lots of water lool before gettin hme to have first pack of the day? Xx

Last edited:
As long as it knocks you out of ketosis then you should be fine. It's different for everyone as to what knocks them out. Drink water alongside your alcohol too. You'll be amazed how quickly you'll feel tipsy. I used to take aaaaaages before I felt drunk, but when I had a day off on the Cambridge diet I was halfway through my first drink and already felt that warm tipsy glow!! Was very unlike me!! Just listen to your body, if you start feeling a bit more merry then you thought you would after a few sips have a small snack and lots of water.

I love a good tick chart! Lol Xx

As long as it knocks you out of ketosis then you should be fine. It's different for everyone as to what knocks them out. Drink water alongside your alcohol too. You'll be amazed how quickly you'll feel tipsy. I used to take aaaaaages before I felt drunk, but when I had a day off on the Cambridge diet I was halfway through my first drink and already felt that warm tipsy glow!! Was very unlike me!! Just listen to your body, if you start feeling a bit more merry then you thought you would after a few sips have a small snack and lots of water. :) I love a good tick chart! Lol Xx

Thnx hun um bt hw do i kno if im out of keto lool tht too on the day of drinkin? Lol goin out in brum too lol bt nt til mid day ish...k thnkuu yh i aitn drank in time lool tbh so yh prbz b a lightweigt lmaoo ahhh miss uni days wen used to b out all the time drinkin for england lmaooo xx

Scales aren't my friend at the moment. Saturday evening they read 14.10 this morning they are reading 15???

So much for me staying off the scales.

Got a stinking cold at the moment. Today's plan will be

Chocolate shake
Mousse
Lemon bar
Chocolate shake

Meany scales!

I think they play around with us until our weigh in.
Could be anything hun - water, stress, later pack evening before, 'bunged' up. This scales business happens to us all but over a week they tend to sort themselves out.

Sorry you're feeling poorly my sweet. Lots of hot drinks and water to flush that cold out!

Hugs Xx

Back