M-Mouse's Droppings

:( i think there is an easier way to link back but dont know.

Today I'm quieter at work so no problem...
(oh and he's back with a FULL TANK!)

yey brill on the petrol :D will he have bought you a little something?

over here, we can buy "confiture de lait" for the toffee sauce! ooops!

I just googled it and have found you a Dukan ok recipe for it...
Confiture de lait trop bonne (sans lait concentré), recette Dukan - Recettes Dukan pour régime hyper protéiné du Dr Dukan

150g powdered skimmed milk
12 tablespoons of liquid skimmed milk
sweetener

Mix the two milks together so form a smooth paste. Put in a jam jar with a metal lid and rubber seal. Place in a pressure cooker, and put enough water in to reach the level of the milk in the jar. Close the pressure cooker, put the heat on and once it's whistling, leave 1hr30 mins.

Leave the jar to cool in the pressure cooker.

When it is cold, remove jar and open it. Put contents in a bowl, and work with a fork, adding sweetener to taste.

Then whizzzzzz to obtain a pouring but thick consistency.

Put back in jam jar and cool.

i don't have a pressure cooker - I was wondering what would happen if I dissolved sweetener in water (like proper toffee sauce) boiled down and then thickened with a bit of conflour?

Mouse - you'll have to let us know!!

Vicky - he's got brandy... wine... and he mentioned chestnuts... <humming: "chestnuts roasting on an open fire...!">

Gelatine is fine... or agar agar even better... might be worth a try...

How did your flans work out Sarah?

egg custards Jo?....worked out great...I've made them loads before :) x

As for Mouse and her pumpkin muffins, how did you know I've a pumpkin to use this weekend! They sound like an excellent idea... (for me, not for the man who hates the sweet variants on the bran recipes).

Sarah, if you're needing to combat the taste of something, you don't like it!! I had my spicey kefta last night...

I know Jo :) but it needed using up and actually I liked it when I couldn't taste it :D....apart from the fact I could smell it in my sweat this morning :S... the chilli powder - not the mince :D... x

Yeah they're "flans" over here - pronounced FLON"!

euw re smelling it in your sweat!! Will I think of that next errr Tuesday evening when I have my burgers with a fried egg on?! Hope not!

Nite all!

ello mouse how are u doing ,ive been a bit absent ,trying to round everyone diary's again !!!!!!

Yeah where are you mouse? You need to clear up after us all here yesterday... how did the pumpkin muffins taste?

morning mouse hope your ok

Yeah where are you mouse? You need to clear up after us all here yesterday... how did the pumpkin muffins taste?

Bloody divine - I made a double quantity in a loaf tin and cut it in half and each half into 6 slices (thick ones!!) I will post some pictures at some over the weekend.

But oh Jo - my other cat got run over last night (the 2 year old); if I didn't have the kitten I might just say no more but I think he needs a play mate. I am going to keep Mungbean in for longer in the hope that he will be more cautious of the outside.

Back