Mac n Cheese

***Saskya***

Hey! I wasnt sure if anyone wanted this from the new mag.... It is absoloutely amazeballs.... I couldnt see if anyone had posted it x

Mac 'n' Cheese

Serves 4

300g Dried Macaroni
Fry Light
6 Spring Onions (thinly sliced)
2 Garlic Cloves (finely chopped)
200g Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
400ml Vegetable Stock
4 tbsp Tomato Puree
200g FF Natural Yogurt
1 level tsp English Mustard
2 eggs (lightly beaten)
120g Red Leicester (grated)
Salt n Pepper

1. Preheat your oven to 200/Gas 6. Cook the Macaroni and set aside.

2. Meanwhile, place a large frying pan sprayed with fry light over a medium heat. Add the spring onions, garlic and cherry tomatoes, stir and cook for 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a wide mixing bowl and add the macaroni.

3.Beat together the stock, tomato puree, yogurt, mustard and eggs until smooth. Pour over the macaroni, then stir in most of the cheese. Season and toss well.

4. Divide between 4 ovenproof dishes, sprinkle over the remaining cheese and bake for 20 minutes or until bubbling. Leave to stand and serve.

I used normal onions and added onions and peas to mine. I used Low fat cheddar so I could use more and I baked it all in one dish...

Enjoy xxxxxx

Hey! I wasnt sure if anyone wanted this from the new mag.... It is absoloutely amazeballs.... I couldnt see if anyone had posted it x

Mac 'n' Cheese

Serves 4

300g Dried Macaroni
Fry Light
6 Spring Onions (thinly sliced)
2 Garlic Cloves (finely chopped)
200g Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
400ml Vegetable Stock
4 tbsp Tomato Puree
200g FF Natural Yogurt
1 level tsp English Mustard
2 eggs (lightly beaten)
120g Red Leicester (grated)
Salt n Pepper

1. Preheat your oven to 200/Gas 6. Cook the Macaroni and set aside.

2. Meanwhile, place a large frying pan sprayed with fry light over a medium heat. Add the spring onions, garlic and cherry tomatoes, stir and cook for 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a wide mixing bowl and add the macaroni.

3.Beat together the stock, tomato puree, yogurt, mustard and eggs until smooth. Pour over the macaroni, then stir in most of the cheese. Season and toss well.

4. Divide between 4 ovenproof dishes, sprinkle over the remaining cheese and bake for 20 minutes or until bubbling. Leave to stand and serve.

I used normal onions and added onions and peas to mine. I used Low fat cheddar so I could use more and I baked it all in one dish...

Enjoy xxxxxx

Thanks for posting this recipe. Ive just had it for dinner - delicious! x

i know its an older post but i just wanted to say thanks for posting this! bought the ingredients yesterday and will be making it later today - i am on extra easy so i think i am going to add chopped gammon steak into it too nomnoms!

I know this was posted long ago but OH MY GOD!!!
Made this tonight...halved the measurements because im a student, only cook for myself, but it was AMAZING!!! and even having halved I still have enough for 2 more small meals...started back on SW 2 weeks now...having tried and fell of the bandwagon in the summer (and I do mean fell off) so glad to have found this recipe though""
HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!

I will have to try this thank you

Iv tried this on 2 diff occasions & both times the sauce has curdled.....can any1 think what I'm doing wrong? X

Back