MacAddicts diary to becoming the real me !

macaddict

Hello everyone
Ive recently come out of a relationship of 15 years and have realised that for the first time in a long time that i need to be my priority !
Im unhappy for a number of reasons and before i can even think about embarking upon a new relationship journey i need to make myself happy. I need to uncover the person that i used to be...the happy slim pretty old me with tons of confidence :)

I considered doing weight watchers but the other night whilst working a night shift (im a nurse) i spoke to a lady who had lost 9 stone doing slimming world and whats more she told me that i could eat food and not be hungry ! What ? I gasped...surely not !! Being on a diet means being hungry....but no i researched and here i am.
I have completed day one without problems or hickups and i am even motivated enough to have also embarked upon the 30 day shred which i didnt think was too bad at only 20 mins. I can however feel it as i sit here writing my diary ! Ooo my tummy feels tight :cool:

Well i plan to do this myself at the moment with hopefully some support from you guys and i hope to update this diary daily or at least every other day.
Wish me luck !!!:D

Oh and im starting off at
209lb

good luck! lots of support to be had here... we're all in the same boat, after all :)

You must be determined if you are taking on Jillian Michaels too. hope you enjoy the plan, theres lots of amazing recipes and ideas around here. look forward to reading your journey.

xxxx

hello

Hi

I read your diary about wanting to become the real you before you embark on a new relationship. It really struck a cord with me and i wanted to say hello and wish you the best of luck. I haven't had too many long term relationships but because I have so little confidence in myself I have had string of relationships with people who If I am honest i was only with because i didn't think i could do any better. The result was only to make myself even more unhappy. 1o weeks ago i decided to stop the silliness and start fixing myself. I am single and happy for the first time in ages and determined too reach my target weight...only then will i be ready to find my prince charming!!!

Would love to know how you are getting on and feel free to have a rant if you need too!

carrie x

Hi carrie
Im with you too all the way :) You will find your prince charming i promise !
Alot of the time i think that its very easy to just accept things and carry on being unhappy as its what we are used to. We are breaking free of the mold and habit of just putting up and being unhappy with our lot. Good luck to you xxx

Ive lost 2lbs already !!!!!
I know that i shouldnt weigh myself before the week was up but i couldnt help myself - woops....
Im really enjoying this eating and exercising plan.
I no longer feel bloated and urghh. Im sleeping better too.
As i was walking home from uni today i swear my legs arent rubbing together as much as they used to either !
I have made 2 lots of yummy dinners from scratch too (they last me for 2/3 dinners each) chilli and chicken curry. Ive found cooking to be very therapeutic and it feels so good knowing that ive made something without opening a jar !
Im hoping to have lost another lb by friday as thats my official weigh day. Wish me luck guys xxxx

Good luck for your weigh in. I hope you see a good result for your effort :scale:

JJ

Well everyone im sorry that i forgot to update my diary but so far i have lost 5lbs !!! I cant believe it...
But im really struggling this week as at the weekend i was away and although i tried to make good choices i did have too much wine and the odd bowl of icecream :-(
Oh well tomorrow is another day and a fresh start !!!!
I WILL NOT GIVE UP ! NO NO NO !!!!!

Edited to say thanks to everyone for all of the great support x

Thanks Nikki !
Yesterday in the end was much easier than i thought. I ignored monday and made yesterday a fresh start.
I woke up too late to have breakfast but had an amazing fritata for lunch with a side salad. Ive started to indulge in mullerlight yoghurts too and have really enjoyed them even though i dont usually enjoy yoghurt !
Dinner was BBQ chicken,sw chips (delish) and peas.
I spent my syns on extra light mayo and the BBQ chicken. It was a tasty day !!!

Well yesterday was a good day too!
I had cottage pie with broccoli mmm mmm mmm -i love this !
Syns were used up with a kinder egg, i got stickers x
Im on nights at the moment so i wonder whether this will help or slow down my weight loss ? On nights i can eat quite erratically......only good SW stuff though i promise !

Back