Mackeral and kippers ....

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by smigget, 7 March 2009 Social URL.

1. smigget

smigget Full Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    Hi de hi me beauties - amdoin this from work (how dedicated) - anyhooo, as mentioned earlier on here in the week, I have suffered from bloatedness on green so am swapping tomorrow to red - it says in the book that mackeral and kippers are ok (fresh) and from a can - can I have those packet ones you shove in the microwave (if I take away the nob of butter) or musn't they be the smoked variety?? I bought some fresh from Tesco the other day as they were reduced - put them under the grill for 10 minutes and I loved them - so smoked, unsmoked, packeted or not for kippers and mackeral???

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ronniejacobs

ronniejacobs Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st11lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.17%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    i think kippers are fine but not smoked makerel but not sure hon

4. suepat10

suepat10 I am one of the 63336

Start Weight:
    20st3lb
    Current Weight:
    20st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Sorry, I'm not too sure either xx

5. KayGillx

KayGillx Full Member

Both fine, high in natural fats, no butter and no smoked and you should be fine.

6. StaceyUK

StaceyUK Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st1.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    smoked mackerel is synned for some unfathomable reason!

7. Minders

Minders Finding inspiration

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(18.62%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Aldi do these hot smoked salmon fillets. Four varieties - Plain, Black Pepper, Dill and Spicy. They are DIVINE. They're £1.89 each in the chilled section and I looked them up on the SW site and they are free on Red/EE. I think the brand is Almare (or something very similar). You can eat them cold with salad, etc, or warm them in the microwave for just a few seconds. They are REALLY nice. I had one for breakfast this morning with scrambled eggs and a piece of bacon for added indulgence and chopped cherry tomatoes on top. Delish!

8. smigget

smigget Full Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    Thanks for all yr help - I'm now tucking into Tesco 'value' smoked salmon bits/cut offs or whatever they're called and it's really nice - having it with 4 x Ryvita and a bowl of salad mixed with natural fromais frais - I am now a converter to smoked salmon - daft we can have smoked salmon but not smoked kippers or mackeral!!!!

9. StaceyUK

StaceyUK Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st1.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Oooh I LOVE hot smoked salmon fillets. Will definitely try these as they sound gorgeous!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.