Mackeral and kippers ....

smigget

Hi de hi me beauties - amdoin this from work (how dedicated) - anyhooo, as mentioned earlier on here in the week, I have suffered from bloatedness on green so am swapping tomorrow to red - it says in the book that mackeral and kippers are ok (fresh) and from a can - can I have those packet ones you shove in the microwave (if I take away the nob of butter) or musn't they be the smoked variety?? I bought some fresh from Tesco the other day as they were reduced - put them under the grill for 10 minutes and I loved them - so smoked, unsmoked, packeted or not for kippers and mackeral???

i think kippers are fine but not smoked makerel but not sure hon

Aldi do these hot smoked salmon fillets. Four varieties - Plain, Black Pepper, Dill and Spicy. They are DIVINE. They're £1.89 each in the chilled section and I looked them up on the SW site and they are free on Red/EE. I think the brand is Almare (or something very similar). You can eat them cold with salad, etc, or warm them in the microwave for just a few seconds. They are REALLY nice. I had one for breakfast this morning with scrambled eggs and a piece of bacon for added indulgence and chopped cherry tomatoes on top. Delish!

Thanks for all yr help - I'm now tucking into Tesco 'value' smoked salmon bits/cut offs or whatever they're called and it's really nice - having it with 4 x Ryvita and a bowl of salad mixed with natural fromais frais - I am now a converter to smoked salmon - daft we can have smoked salmon but not smoked kippers or mackeral!!!!

Aldi do these hot smoked salmon fillets. Four varieties - Plain, Black Pepper, Dill and Spicy. They are DIVINE. They're £1.89 each in the chilled section and I looked them up on the SW site and they are free on Red/EE. I think the brand is Almare (or something very similar). You can eat them cold with salad, etc, or warm them in the microwave for just a few seconds. They are REALLY nice. I had one for breakfast this morning with scrambled eggs and a piece of bacon for added indulgence and chopped cherry tomatoes on top. Delish!

Oooh I LOVE hot smoked salmon fillets. Will definitely try these as they sound gorgeous!!

Back