Mad Ramblings of a Yo-Yo Dieter......

Good morning all :)

It seems to be another of those weeks where I'm chasing my own ar$e constantly but never having enough time to do everything :rolleyes:

I'm going back up to my friend's for the day today as her husband has to go to work and she's a bit wibbly about being on her own all day (she has a 3 year old too), so I'm taking my 10 year old with me as he will entertain the toddler ;) and I can help her with the baby...... am obviously a little concerned at the food choices that will be available <gulp> but will just have to wing it and hope for the best.

Am off to leap about with Jillian for half an hour now...... damage limitation ;)

Hopefully will catch you all later. Have a great day everyone :) xx

Morning Maisie
Have a lovely time on dribble duty;), hope the damage limitation is positive.
You will haveto start taking a packed lunch lol.

Catch you later xx

Good morning! Remember me? ;)

Oh, it's been a mad couple of days in the life of Maisie and there's been no time to come on here :cry:

First the bad news - <deep breath> okay, Thursday was a terrible day, terrible, awful, dreadful etc etc...... you get the point. There was cake. There was crisps and nibbles. There was an unfortunate incident with a bacon sandwich. Then there was chocolate. Really, unless I'd fallen head first into a All You Can Eat Buffet Restaurant, it could NOT have been a worse day :cry:

Friday I woke up in a stinking mood because of it all. I was SO mad with myself. I felt dreadful too, physically...... I think my body was so disgusted with all the crap I'd piled into it the previous day :( I did manage a better day food wise though, was 100% 'good' yesterday and am planning the same for the weekend, in the vain hope the scales won't be too horrific on Monday.

In better news, I have managed the Shred every day this week since Tuesday and am planning on doing No More Trouble Zones this morning and tomorrow too, so fingers crossed that should help a little.

I really have no idea what the scales will bring on Monday :confused: I would be happy with a STS really but maybe that's a bit too optimistic......... I need to try and get my head around the fact that it might be a gain :cry: which will be gutting but I'll have no-one to blame but myself :rolleyes:

Off to catch up with everyone else's news for a little while now while I wake up properly <yawn> then will be hitting the living room!

Hello maisie :) :) :) :)
I knew you would be back, when time allowed!!! :eek: Lovely to 'see' you :D

hey, so you had 'not so good' days, but what about all the other good and focused days, they far outweigh a little fun time, and everyone deserves a wee treat now and then, but we all know to stop when treat time is over! yes, I know, we all beat ourselves up over it and I know exactly what you mean about it affecting our moods, I felt such a failure and so unhappy when I did it, but with the help of you and others, I climbed back on, put the blip behind me in the past and concentrated on what's to come in the future....so come on, big smiles :D, you had a lovely time with your friend, it was one of those 'occasion' treats we spoke about and how life is littered with them anyway, it happened, it was great, it has now gone....and the coming week will be such a good one for you! With all that exercising the scales still might surprise you, you know!

I didn't measure myself at the beginning, or take a photo, wish I had, as sometimes I stupidly think, am I imagining the loose clothes etc???? :rolleyes:

Have a good day, and lovely weekend :)

p.s. 24 eggs!!!..lucky children :D Which reminds me, I must pick up some for my wee boy this week. I have never 'hidden' any in the garden, but this year, he is talking about, looking for eggs in the garden from the easter bunny, so I will do it this year for him ;)

HI Maisie!
Welcome back, if i didnt know any better your post could of been mine.

Whats it all about hey, ever since the weekend wiegh swap ive been all of sorts.

Anyway, main thing is that we acknowledge and know we have done it and normaly im sure you'll agree. We would have thrown in the towel...( and OMG! i've been so close this week:eek::eek: I almost cried.)but i tell my self its not acceptable too and so not an option.

But we havent done it anyway and we are here, and we are going to face the music what ever it may bring and its not the easiest thing to do.

Infact writting this, im very proud of all our inner strength and what we battle daily, so I think we all deserve a pat on the back.

Summers round the corner and thats why were doing it this time of year, here and now!. Much more fun than xmas hidding our new bods in jumpers, so if we dont do it now we have to wait another year:eek::eek::eek:

What will be, will be, for now;). as im sure your pumping and jumping will make a nice adjustment.

Have a lovely evening and good diet day tomorrow. XX

'There was an unfortunate incident with a bacon sandwich'!!!!!!! this made me full on laugh out loud! But duckie! THERE CAN BE NOTHING UNFORTUNATE ABOUT BACON SANDWICHES!!!! They're soooo worth the calories, I would honestly walk 10miles for a bacon sarnie!

Do not stress yourself out! You've been doing amazingly well, it only stands to reason that you should ahve a full on blow-out day! Those are the days that keep us sane! Like an oasis in the desert. PLus, it's always better to have a proper blow-out on one day, rather than have mini-blow outs every day, those are the sneaky ones that build up.

Just get back on track now, no looking back. You're doing fine, better than fine. xx

Good morning all :)

Gosh, yesterday was another one of those days....... the day just flew by, busy busy busy and no time to come back on here!

Thank you all for your lovely kind words....... they definitely help keep the motivation going :D

T'was a good day yesterday on the food front plus I did No More Trouble Zones yesterday morning and I'm off now in about half an hour to do it again. It's not getting any easier which is a bother lol, but no pain no gain right? ;)

Rose - aww, what a shame you didn't take measurements! Take them now though, it's not too late....... then re-check them every 4 weeks or so and you'll be amazed to see it melting away :)

LFM - sorry to hear you've had a tough week too flower. Bloody good for you for not letting yourself quit though, you know you'd regret it if you did:)

Pink - good to 'see' you :D Oh, I hear you re the bacon sandwiches....... the last undiscovered 8th wonder of the world if you ask me ;)

Right, am off to sweat and grunt with Jillian now :rolleyes: hopefully will get on here a bit later on...... have a great day everyone :D Tick tock Rose & LFM, 24 little hours to go........ :eek:

Morning Maisie
Im starting to feel like doctor Hook with all the Tick Tocking:eek:

( i came back in to edit that but its to funny, i mean't Captain)

Weldone for getting back on track.

Hope you have a good day.:)

Morning Maisie
have a wonderful day, you so deserve good news on those scales tomorrow with the amount of exercise effort you do weekly, don't worry, que sera sera..and that includes me too! :eek: I'll take measurements tomorrow after weigh in, then monitor them monthly, thanks!
LFM, dr hook :D :D :D :D...love it!!!!! thanks for not editing it, its made me smile! (p.s i love dr hook, used to be a big fan and saw them live years and years ago :))
Good luck to us all tomorrow :eek:

LFM, dr hook :D :D :D :D...love it!!!!! thanks for not editing it, its made me smile! (p.s i love dr hook, used to be a big fan and saw them live years and years ago :))

Oh yeah and i thought it was a song that went DDDDDoctor Hook...or was there?? I may just be a tad behind in the years.

Ive not exercised today Maisie, had to many home thingsthat had to be attended to but its all movement.:rolleyes:

Fingers crossed for you tomorrow.
Dont forget to sit and sip before hand;):D

<big sigh>

Morning all <said in style of grumpy teenager>

I've put on 1lb :cry:

Not to put too fine a point on it, I am absolutely gutted :(

Yes, okay, I did have a bad day on Thursday....... but that was only 1 day. The other 6 were good! AND I exercised 5 days out of the last 7 <stamps foot in temper>. I just think it's really bloody harsh....... plus going by the old 'rule', i definitely did NOT eat an extra 3500 calories :eek:

Right. Enough moaning. I've had my tantrum ;) and I'll move on. Today's the start of a new week and I'm determined that it will be a better one :D

LFM, you made me howl with the Captain / Dr Hook :8855: You're right though, there was a song called "Doctor Hook"...... I think it was Gloria Estefan (showing my age now..... all the youngsters are looking puzzled saying "who???")..... "won't you help me Doctor Hook...... doc doc doc doc Doctor Hook......"!

OMG that song Yeah, danced my heart out...loved it.

1lb Maisie sad for you hun, but I know that 1lb is not even close to your nemisis and you will kick that back twice as hard.

Its so annoying I do agree, and we question our selves immediately but its not us. Its our bodies and it will giv up some times only when its ready.

We always blame our selves as a whole but there are so many cogs working our engines from Moods to Hormones to metabolisem to seasons in of the year. ( i belive our bodies hybernate and store in winter..o thats my excuse ) so with all that in mind its not fair that we blanket our selves with a what am i doing wrong. When we know we are infact doing very good in what we are doing.

Also bud, you have Jillian in your blood now;):D, Ghost Busters eat your heart out.... We have the Fat Buster.;):) So that 1lb is already doing a runner while looking over its shoulder:D. Imagine it racing round you looking for a hidding place before it gets zapped. Bloody squatters dont you just hate them:D

Today is the new starting block, so the pistols gone and were off.

Next Mondays the finish line woohoo

Have good day onwards and downwards :)XX

Oh maisie {hugs} you don't deserve that result, even with the wee treats, its so unfair...but, I know it means nothing right now when I say, don't worry, its a little gain etc etc etc... but it is only a wee pound, and as LFM says, you will have it zapped off in the next 24-48hrs, no bother! I love the idea of it running around your body looking for somewhere to hide..LFM, you are a true tonic, especially on a monday morning!
maisie, chin up, show those scales what you are made off and put them to shame next week with a loss ...
....and remember, you will have lost inches I am sure, so sod that result today, its only scales, try not to dwell on it (not easy I know!) and look out at the sunshine, head up, big smile..and onto this week :)

Now I really do feel ancient...does nobody else remember dr hook the group? in the late 70's????? :eek:
"sylvias mother"
"a little bit more"
"sexy eyes"
etc etc etc ....one of the band members used to wear an eye patch, and shook his maracus!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: lol :) :) :) :)...right I am away to book a saga holiday now, and make an appointment for a blue rinse at the hairdressers :D

Have a good day maisie, we are all going to achieve this dream you know! :)

Rx

Oh Maisie, big hugs for you! I still think you are amazing! so stuff the scales! with your determination and will power you will soon lose that pound and more! chin up flower!
LFM and Rose, you both really made me LOL!! :D :D

Those blooming scales are the Bain of our lives arn't they? You didn't deserve that ..if you have another good week you should see a good shift downwards next week. Keep going and concentrate on how much better you feel and all the other positive things that happen with weight loss (((hugs)))
Gem

Oh you guys are an absolute tonic to me, you really are. Thank you so much for your words of kindness and encouragement :D

That damm pound is still bugging me...... I can't even stand to update my sig. and statistics to show it :eek:

Have been out again all day today with my friend and the baby, helping her out with her housework and stuff :) but have had a much better day on the eating front that I usually do when I've been with her, so that's all good!

Rose, I remember "A Little Bit More", you're not alone ;) In fact, it has some special memories for me that song, my H played it to me one night not long after we'd met :)

Morning Maisie
I wouldnt worry about updating signature
It will be gone next week and then you can add both in. Is it denial...No, ...is it Lying..No, Is it being crafty...yeah to right :D:D:D and why not. Give your subconciouse a treat, its better than a kitkat or worse, but make sure you tell it its a trade off;).

It cant have its cake and eat it :D:D

Bah! that is what I say to that lb! It's probably just water retention or something, no worries ducks! I'm sure you'll have that one and one of it's little buddies shifted by next WI :)

How's it going anyway? Up to anything fun?

Back