Mad Ramblings of a Yo-Yo Dieter......

Hi Maisie, Just thought I would come by and see how you are doing - had a bit of a blip apparently? - but never mind. Remember that being uptight will not be good for any weight loss so big breath in and go for another week in good zeal.

As for Dr Hook, well remember "Sylvias Mother" etc. one of my favs at the time.

Keep up the good work....:)

Morning maisie :) How are doing today? I know what you mean about updating statistics etc, seeing it in black and white makes it 'real' doesn't it? I suppose it has pros and cons for seeing it on your page, so don't do it if it makes you feel low, just get ready to type in your loss next week :)
I know I've had a big loss on the scales this week, (must have been left over from the week i sts :rolleyes:) but am already thinking it won't be like that next week, think its been a wee stubborn bit, that's been 'waiting' to melt away..and this week was my week !! so take heart, those silly scales are sent to drive us insane sometimes ;)

so pleased you and emma remember dr hook, was beginning to think maybe I had imagined them all those years ago! Oh how lovely, 'a little bit more' being special for you and hubby maisie, its a lovely song, beautiful lyrics, and one of my favs.
Not by dr hook, but 'our song' is 'amazed' by lonestar, it was playing in the background during 'the proposal' :) :) :) :)

Have agreat day, enjoy those sun rays, but keep 'protected' out there! :)

Rx

HI Maisie
Hope your having a good day are you with the baby again.....gurgle gurgle:D

This weather has had me going through my cut offs ( belw the kneer not bay watch style:D ) and last years tops.

Its helped me get more out of the can i do this mode and into i am doing this mode:D

and was all your idea, many thanks ;)

Halfway ( wiegh;)) day tomorrow doesnt time fly.

Catch you tomorrow if not have another good day XXX.

Morning everyone :D

Sorry for being AWOL again the last few days, I've just been so busy with one thing and another lately...... I'll be glad when the kids go back to school next week so I can have a break :rolleyes:

Spent all day Monday on baby duty :D which was just lovely, we even Went Out with him for his first shopping trip ;) he was underwhelmed and slept through the whole thing though.......!

Ooooh, this was exciting - I went to Tesco on Tuesday as I had a load of clothing vouchers to spend and I decided to spend them on meeeeeee and I got 4 tops and a pair of jeans in a size 14 :eek: A 14 :eek: Well, you could NOT get the smile off my face all day :D Even when I took them up to the till to pay the sales assistant commented "oh these are nice" (just being polite I suppose!) and I was slightly manic going "they're a size 14 you know :D"...... she looked a little alarmed it must be said :p

Yesterday was spent in town on a little more shopping ;) I got this for Charlie for Easter (well, he's a touch young for an egg!):

Baby's blue Egyptian cotton striped sleepsuit set - Baby sleepsuits - Rompers & sleepsuits - Kids -

and nearly passed out in Thorntons getting some easter eggs, from the smell of the sugar <dribble>.

Anyway, enough waffle from me now! Thanks again for all the lovely messages of support after my little gain <sob>. I'm definitely not going to update my sig. with it until I have a loss to add on too :p It's another short week for me this week as I'm weighing in on Sunday again this week so I can enjoy my easter sunday dinner without worrying about weigh in the next morning ;)

So on that note, I'm off to leap about with Jillian now. Hope everyone has a fab day...... I've got another busy one - my little boy is going horse riding this morning (don't know who's more nervous, me or him) then it's the Big Shop at Tesco this afternoon, then am working from 4.00pm..... so will try and report back in as soon as I can!

M xxx

Morning Maisie with teh middle initials AWOL lol i woulnt worry as long as it doesnt effect your journey to much:).

You sound like your having plenty of fun thou.
A size 14 !!! im so jealouse:jelous: what a wonderful feeling, that will have you motivated for weeks.

You may of had a bad wiegh in but it goes to show its not all the scales and we do and always will give them far to much credit!

Welldone on spending the vouchers on you. Im sure half the time, if we could crawl in the back of a cupboard we would...we forget about our selves so much when we have little ones.

The smaller you go the cheaper the cloths get too! double whammie for Maisie:p:p:p :D

I cant open 2 windows on my connection so can't see little ones prezzie, but i bet its comfy. being its egyptian cotton..sounds lovely :)

Have another great day XX

Last edited:
Morning maisie
I know what you mean about finding time when the kids are on hols, my wee cherub just returned last monday and is now off for easter weekend...lucky boy! :)
Love the baby outfit, cute elephants :) 'mummy' will love it too!
How did your son enjoy horse riding? My little one loves it, like you, I was worried for him first time, but no need, he had so much fun and was very well looked after and protected, he can't wait to go back in 2 weeks!(now I'm worried about him asking for a pony for xmas!!! ;))
LOL at you with your size 14's, you lucky woman, the assistant is probably used to excited women going down a size or two and 'announcing it' :D when my turn comes, I'll be telling the whole queue, not just the assistant :) AND i'll have the label hanging out while wearing them :rolleyes:

Have a lovely easter weekend, i'll have my fingers crossed for your sunday weigh in, good luck!

Oh well done you ...size 14's ...wow! Sew the labels on the outside Maisie , that's what I'm gonna do ;0) have a lovely weekend!
Gem x

Hiya Maisie hope all is well, Dr Hook is chasing us around tomorrow. Nervouse but so looking forward to it. Its that fresh start when you have a slip up in the week:D

SIZE 14!!!!! Gah! That's sooo cool! I'm so jealous! lol. Good job! Makes it all worth it, seeing those sizes shrink!
I have no other words, just pure, 100% AWESOME! Chuffed for you.

Good morning all :D <waves>

It's been another mad few days for me :rolleyes: honestly, this holiday has been NO break at all for me!

Lol @ sewing the labels onto the outside, that's not a bad idea actually ;)

Rose, the flipping horse riding was cancelled :( Not until we actually got there mind you....... lots of children waiting around getting excited....... told it wouldn't be long now...... 10 minutes later the lady organising it comes out to tell us the horses aren't coming, problem with the horse box or something, so no horse riding :( It was a mess, I was not impressed!

In good news........ have been on the scales and have lost 2lb :D so there's that naughty 1lb from last week and 1 more for good measure..... am delighted :D

I'm off now to peel 10 tonnes of veg and potatoes and attempt to squeeze the world's largest piece of lamb into my oven ;) Am not going to go 'mad' today but will enjoy my dinner with pure, unashamed pleasure and might even have a cheeky wine or two ;)

Have a Happy Easter everyone and go easy with those eggs :p

Yipppeeee :) :) :) :)
well done maisie, 2lb loss is fantastic, so very chuffed for you! :D

You are living proof that when the scales baffle us with their result, to hang on in there and get a lovely surprise the following week, what an inspiration you are :)

Grrr to cancelled horse riding, how upsetting and frustrating for the kids..and the parents, I hope they have rescheduled it and allowed time to contact you all next time 'in case of unforeseen circumstances' on the day. What a shame for your wee boy, bet he was looking forward to it :(

Easter sunday dinner sounds scrumptious, I love lamb! :)Mmmm, enjoy :D and have a cheeky wee wine to wash it down today, you deserve it.

Have a lovely day :)

Hi Maisie
Welldone on the loss 2lb not to be sneezed at :D you can up date your siggy now;)

So many times in the past ive put on a lb and thought thats it, blown it and walked off the diet.
The more i see us all on here upping a lb, the more im comming to terms with the fact that it is actually just a minor fault which can be erased.
Just like you have done.
Its taken time to sink in but its definatley working:) and i feel its 70% of the battle.

Sad news on the horse riding, i hope you didnt have to travel far.:(

Everyones talking about roast dinners , think i will do one this week. havent done one for 3 years since my lad moved out.
Hope you enjoyed your hard work and your wine:D

Catch you tomorrow XX

Have a good one Maisie :)
Is everything returned to normal now in your household? It has here, well for another couple of days!!!!...holidays, holidays, holidays....I'm getting dizzy keeping count :D

Time for a cycle in front of jeremy kyle :eek: lol

Wayhey!!! Well done one the 2lbs! That's wicked news!
Hope you had a lovely Easter! x

(To the Scooby doo tune:D:rolleyes:)

"Maisie Maisie Moodle where are you?
We got some work to do now" lalalalalal

Hope your doing ok with the nibbles, i know you had some distractions.
Or
Maybe your having time off, we all need that at times:).

I still haven't started your:D shred yet but any day now.....:rolleyes: lol.

Catch you soon XXX

Back