Maderia or

DoubleT

Malta, which would you prefer?......me and the OH have been looking at these for somewhere to go the first week in September for our honeymoon.

Has any one been to either of these places and can tell me what they are like for eating, drinking etc.

Oh, yes, forgot to say me and the OH are in our late 40's but youngish people, :) lol.

Thank you
x

Both lovely, Madeira a lots more mountains to climb but really gorgeous. Malta really good but I think Madeira has the edge for me!

Not been to Madeira but have been to Malta twice staying in Sliema and St Julians. There isn't much in the way of beaches there and there isn't much scenery either but I really like it - very cosmopolitan in the area coming down the coast from Valletta with loads of places to eat and drink. I think places like St Paul's Bay and Bugibba are a bit more like holiday resorts. There's a lot of history too. And being a small island you can get around easily on the local buses which are an experience in themselves. If you go, be sure to do one of the jeep safaris. We did the one to Gozo and it was a hoot.

A jeep safari sounds fun :)

Was in Malta last October. Stayed n Coronthia Palace Hotel n Attard in the middle of the island. Beautiful island to walk. Def take the buses, they are a laugh, but they get you there

Best of luck,

Conor

Maltese buses are wonderful, usual with little statues of the Virgin Mary etc, and they way the drives steer them round the island you need to be praying to someone lol. There's so much history ( The silent city of Mdina, no cars are allowed!)on Malta and some beautiful beaches. Lots of films have been made on the island, you can do a harbour cruise around Valletta harbour which is fascinating, There's also a glass making factory which is famous for its glass. You can take boat trips to the Blue Grotto or to the sister Islands of Comino and Gozo. I've never been to Madeira so have no opinion, I've been to Malta twice and would go again at the drop of a hat.

Back