Magic Bullet

Yep I have never heard anything BUT positive about these bullets but was always put of by them being 80 quid!

Now they aren't!

*** EDITED AS I FORGOT THE WORD BUT AND IT MADE IT LOOK LIKE I WAS BEING REALLY RUDE!! ***

Last edited:
Sorry but I'm the opposite to Mike....have only ever heard positive things about them but just couldn't justify having yet another blender to OH! ;)

Actually, reading your post again....I think it may have been a typo!!!

Whatever...they are brilliant and definitely worth it if they're half price!!

I have had a magic bullet which i paid full price of around £80 from the shoping channel last year and they are soooo good we use it for everything,smoothies,shakes,home made houmous,sauces and untold things.
It is very good for making the shakes and also excellent when making the cd mousse, and so eady to clean and they come with lids so u can take your shake already made out with u,i love my bullet and its small and simple compared to my being glass blender.

I bought the Hinari Genie on the advice of Mummydebbie. It's IDENTICAL to the magic bullet and I got it for £20 online from TJ Hughes: it's brilliant!!

I make my shakes in the party mugs so thre's less washing up and I think it'll be invaluable when I reach maintenance for making low cal sauces & soups etc. Thumbs up!! :)

I can only speak for the Hinari Genie - but that looks identical in every way to the Magic Bullet and for £20, I'd say it's a fantastic purchase.

It has all sorts of bits and pieces with it ... like a lid with holes in so you can cook veggies in water in the microwave and then just blend them in the same container to make soups / sauces.

In the mornings when I have my shake, I just put the water, shake and (in my case) psyllium husks in one of the party mugs, screw on the blender attachement, turn it upside down and press it onto the base. Ten seconds later I've got a perfectly mixed shake. Then I just swap the blender bit for a coloured ring and hey presto - the container becomes a cup so less to clean!

The blender attachment is very easy to clean ... I can't stand having to clean blades at the bottom of a jug but you don't get that with this machine.

I'd give it a 10/10 and would recommend it to anyone. :)

I would also recommend the Genie from TJ Hughes, I've bought one today and sat for over an hour working out all the bits and pieces, it looks exactly the same as the bullet but loads cheaper. I can't wait until the morning when I'm going to try a shake with ice added (everytime I've tried with my hand blender I've ended up with horrible ice gritty shakes!!)
Its funny that a year ago I wouldn't have got myself excited about a blender!! Oh how this diet changes our lives!

H x

I just ordered one from T J Hughes, my husband is going to have a hissy fit as I have spent so much on clothes today - ho hum ;-)

OH GOD!!! WAIT!!

I MEANT I HAVE NEVER HEARD ANYTHING BUT POSITIVE COMMENTS i.e. EVERYONE WHO HAS HAD ONE THAT IS UNDER ME HAS LOVED THEM TO BITS!!

MY ORIGINAL POST IS A TYPO!!

OH THAT LOOKED SO RUDE!!!

I PROMISE I WAS BEING POSITIVE ABOUT THEM

GOING TO EDIT THE POST NOW!

MIKE

I got all hot and bothered for a minute then! I hate it when I say the wrong thing in an E-Mail or post due to a typo.

With my unique skills of not being able to type or spell it is a wonder that anybody can read my posts :eek: :D

I think we can forgive you Mike :D or not :p

Bellybee
In answer to your question about how psyllium husks affect the shakes .... It doesn't really affect the taste - only the texture. It makes it more like a cereal mueslie-type health drink (I only put 2 teaspoons in). It definitely won't be to everyone's taste but I LOVE it and can't imagine my shake without that cereal-y texture to it.

Just want to add my praise for these :D Tried to get the one from Hughes, but they'd sold out and then someone told me they were selling an identical one - called Rocket Express - in Sainsburys for just £16.99. It's absolutely brilliant.

Well I'm just updating that my new purchase is FAB!
I even tried hot soup but got a little worried when couldn't unscrew lid off again after the heat expansion. I didn't do it as tightly next time.
But really, it is brilliant...in 10-15 seconds I got such a frothy shake or soup. It saves me using electric whisk in a jug and scraping contents into tall glass. Now I can just rinse the mixing top, drink straight from the plastic mug and it goes in the dishwasher too.
I'm a convert!

Back