Maintainer challenge

tallsarah

Silver Member
Hi, I reached target this week, was pleased but also really anxious, losing it was always going to be easier than keeping it off for me. Has there, or is there a challenge for maintainers?

thanks

I think you get an award at a year at target.

I have been hassling my Consultant to find out more for me, cause... it's 20 weeks now- in 6more that's 6months! And I WANT A SHINY!!! :)

I think you get an award at a year at target.

I have been hassling my Consultant to find out more for me, cause... it's 20 weeks now- in 6more that's 6months! And I WANT A SHINY!!! :)

I noticed on your signature that your counting the number of weeks at target, seems a good idea to have something to focus and aim for.

I also think its a bit mean that you have to wait a year for that shiney, interim targets would help people feel supported and encourage them to attend group, which must be good for the group as a whole, even if we are not paying!!

I agree! I go every week, I love group, but I wish there was ome small targets I could aspire to.

I think you should get a shiny every 3 months for the first 2 years then 1 a year. And then maybe a special mention in the magazine for 5 years, 10 years etc.

I agree! I haven't gotten any shineys and was told there were none til a year, which is pathetic!! I'm 6 weeks off 6months. I need my shineys!

I agree! I haven't gotten any shineys and was told there were none til a year, which is pathetic!! I'm 6 weeks off 6months. I need my shineys!
i think i may contact sw HQ when i get to target and suggest it! they could have a page in the magazine and a few awards. i think a lot of emphasis is put on getting to target, but not enough on staying there!

I agree completely. I really feel like I have very little to strive for. I work blooming hard to stay in range but get zero recognition, I can't win the basket and my group doesn't do a raffle!

If you don't mind, I think I'll contact them too...

Last edited:
thats true, i forgot we cant even have sotw/sotm (i never win anyway). im very goal driven so i dont know how ill get on with having no goals, i think ill have to focus on staying in my range and that will be my goal.

Me too! I really don't know why they can't put something small that we can aim for!

Will do! :)

Will let you know when I get a reply. I used your idea.

Here's a copy of the email I've sent. :)

Hi there,

I have been a SW member since 6th Jan 2010 and reached target on 30th March 2011 with a loss of 4st 12lbs- I am wondering if there are any target incentives available, my consultant says she doesn’t know about any awards etc. I was thinking, if there are none, perhaps it could be looked at. I know in my group I am one of the few target members who continue to come and continue to be an ambassador for SW, showing that it can be done and being able to talk about how easily it can be to do with such a great plan. Most of the target members, leave very soon after reaching target as they no longer feel that their hard work (and it is hard work maintaining) is being rewarded.

Maybe the following would help target members to feel like a valued part of Image Therapy and the group in general:
An award or certificate every 3 months for the first 2 years then 1 a year.
And then maybe a special mention in the magazine for 5 years, 10 years etc.

I don’t know what there is available (my consultant is only new in role, so may not know what is available as she herself has not reached target) but perhaps these ideas may be something you look into.

Yours,

Shrimpy

That sounds great! :) the listened to their members about the iPhone app so maybe they will listen with this too:)

Let me know what the response is:)

Back