Maintaining muscle?

Cazuale

Hi all, just a quick one..

Is it true to say that the Cambridge will shred a whole host of muscle as well as fat? Ideally, I want to gain muscle mass and lower my body fat percentage at the same time. Is this possible? I'm on the stage 2 plan. 23 yr old male, 6 '2 if it makes any difference?

Cheers!

Hi there,

Well, I'm definitely not an expert on the issue and must of my knowledge comes from the internet, but here's the general picture, as I understand it:

You will lose some muscle on Cambridge - they say as much in their own booklets, but the proportion you lose much be much less than the comparable amount of fat lost, and therefore your body fat percentage will go down. As for gaining muscle, I don't think that's possible in any significant fashion on such a low calorie diet - I think, metabolically, it's a choice between having enough energy (calories) to make new muscle tissue and having not enough energy so that your body uses up its fat reserves.

As far as I'm aware this is correct, but I don't really have any personal experience in trying to build muscle while doing Cambridge...good luck anyhow :)

Back