Maintaining Target Weight

LuliJ

Hi - I'm hoping someone can help!! I reached my target weight at WI yesterday and was over the moon! But now I feel a little bit lost! As far as I can tell, the only thing I do differently now is have one more HEB choice each day - is this right? I've planned my week ahead as normal and just intend to have an extra Hi-Fi bar each day (I'm addicted to them!).

I've read a few posts on here and it seems to be a bit of trial and error to find what works for you, but I don't want a gain in my first week of being at target!! It just feels a bit funny after months of knowing exactly what I need to do to all of a sudden feel like I'm not 100% sure what I should be doing so any help/advice is greatly appreciated!!

Hi LuliJ.
Congrats on achieving your Target weight!
When I reached my Target weight the first time I just sailed past it, I tried the extra Heb but nothing stopped me! I reset the Target and this time maintained for a few weeks but started to slip down in weight again but slower so I reset for the third time and this time I maintained for 10 weeks, I find that I eat more Heb's and have more "treat's" I always have a lot of food and I changed my bread for Multi-seeded which I find a better taste and toast's easier, remembering to syn it!. I think your body tells you when it's happy with it's weight and will stop when right. p.s. (I've fallen below the -3lb limit, so I am resetting again so go for my 7st award)
Pete

Hi yes it is trial and error and its not easy. I went to w i today and have fallen half a pound under the target band so I am on my grace week when I have to pull it back or pay next week! Wont be a problem and many we looking at me today saying I will never get there, but they will! Some weeks I lose a little, some I gain and there seems to be no pattern at all. Do you have the s w booklet for target members?

Wow Bilsat well done!! you've had an amazing weight loss!!

Hi hollys nan - well done on getting to target! no she didn't give me a booklet or anything, just said i could have an extra HEB every day but tbh i've not really been doing it and just sticking to plan (i did have a curry on saturday night to celebrate so i'm making up for that!!). I think i just need to see how i get on for the next few weeks and work out what works for me.

After aiming for a loss every week it feels weird to be looking to maintain and to be happy with that - it'll take a bit of getting used to!

Back