Maintaining whilst on holiday...

mrs r-b

is loving the sunshine!
Hi guys

I'm new to this forum, so if I'm asking something which has been anwsered before please humour me!! I've been on CD SS for 5 weeks now and have lost 17 pounds in total so far :):bliss:

The thing is I'm going on holiday for 2 weeks next Wednesday and can't take my CD stuff with me as I'm going abroad. I'm a bit worried for a couple of reasons:

1. I'm worried because I haven't had any "normal" food since I started CD and wonder how my body will cope when I start eating solid food again

2. I am desperate to maintain whilst I'm away as I am going to continue with CD SS when I get back from my hols until I reach my target weight

Can anyone offer any advise on the points above?

Thanks in advance for your help!!! :D

It may be an idea for you to start incorporating some food into your diet now either through SS+ or 810 so that your body is a little more used to it before you go and it shouldn't affect your weight loss til the holiday?

Where are you going? I would've thought that most places would be able to do you foods like grilled chicken or salads for you to eat. If you stick to low carb food then you may even stay in ketosis. You may not lose when you're away but if you stick to healthy eating then you may be able to maintain your losses

Hi LuckyStar - Thanks for that. We are going to the carribean so I am sure that there will be plenty of "healthy" options. I've asked my CDC to do me a list of food items that I can stick to whilst I'm away, I have my weigh in tonight so hopefully she will have done the list for me to collect today.
I'll talk to my CDC tonight about incorporating some solids before I go away, so like you say it should be less of a shock to the system.
Thanks so much for your help.

hols

Hiya - I am in my fifth week also (CD SS) and am going away over Easter. I intend to pack my sachets and handheld blender in my luggage and take them with me for the 2wk break :eek:. I also intend to go shopping for some holiday clothes the week before :D as stuff is getting big on me. Such a great feeling! :)

Soon2bslimmer x

My CDC said if I do come to a sticky situation where I need to eat food then stick to high protein foods and salads and to stay off the carbs! Ive got 2 birthday meals this weekend (Cant get out of them) so I've already planned what I'm going to eat (Looked up the restaurant's menu's) so I'm planning on having chicken + salad.

Sarah x

Hope you have a great holiday! I'm very jealous, would like to be lying in the sun. Well done on what you've lost so far. Hopefully your CDC will be able to give you some good suggestions, and a lot of the time places like the caribbean are going to have a lot more healthy options and a lot less junk than we have to choose from.

I'm sure my friend took her shakes with her when she went abroad ? Maybe she was breaking the rules ? I had a planned "cheat" when I went out for a friends birthday and did really well, problem was I rewarded myself for being so good with chocolate biscuits when I got home ! Don't do the same and I'm sure you'll be fine !

You should check on the tourism website for the country that you are going to. I know you can't bring fresh fruit or meat to the US but whenever anyone visits us here form the UK they bring tea bags and ready brek, gravy, stuffing and all sorts of other goodies!!!! I'd have thought you'd be able to take powder for shakes as you can take powdered baby milk.......

Hi quick question all, if away and not on Cd but still trying to avoid carbs, are there also any salad/veg options that should be avoided? xx

The main thing to watch out for is the dressings on the salad as a lot of them may have added sugars.

Off the top of my head I know that potatoes (obv) are quite high carb and so are carrots and sweet corn.

If there's any veg you're interested in then you can check here
Low Carb Diet Tools - Carbohydrate Counter

Thank you Lucky Star what a useful website!! x

You should check on the tourism website for the country that you are going to. I know you can't bring fresh fruit or meat to the US but whenever anyone visits us here form the UK they bring tea bags and ready brek, gravy, stuffing and all sorts of other goodies!!!! I'd have thought you'd be able to take powder for shakes as you can take powdered baby milk.......
Agreed - I don't think anyone would have a problem taking CD stuff abroad (even if you have to let one of those snotty security people open one of your packets)? As Bonzo says - check up before you go. It would be awful to mess up your diet and then find out you could have taken the CD anyway. (It would take a helluva lot to separate me from my CD at this stage of the game! :)) And a handblender plus packets will probably weigh less than your makeup bag, lol.

Back