Maintaining

NumberOne

I've decided that I would like to go back up to 9 stones. So far I've gotten to 8 stone 11 lbs. I looked a lot healthier at 9 stones. My bmi says I should be 9 stone 3 lbs. My goal weight was 8 stones. I've given it a thought and was also told by family that I shouldn't go that low. So I guess now I have to try and maintain instead of losing. Need to still carry on with the exercise and healthy snacking, not junk!

Wish me luck!

Good luck :) We've got a couple of maintainers I think. Hopefully they'll be able to give you some tips :)

Think ones goodthingscomeinsmallpackages or something similar. She normally has a lot of good advice :)

I'm a maintainer.

Well I call myself a maintainer as I stopped trying to lose weight when I got to 9 stone. I am now at 8 and a half stone as very very very slowly I lost another half stone without wanting to.

Now I'm at 8 and a half stone I have decided it's perfect for me, my height and build (I'm only 5ft tall and have always looked a little bit lighter than I am as I am curvy still with weight on my boobs and bum so my waist etc looks teeny now lol)

Anything you want to know just ask

Maintaining isn't easy, losing weight it easy, gaining weight is easy but staying the same is not, not for me anyway. I lose 1lb then gain it then lose it lol

I have given myself 1kg either way from this leeway. When I get 1kg more or less I will do something about it.

I have gained twice, once on honeymoon and once on a big weekend away but that's it and lost again both times within a week or so.

I don't know if I gained over Christmas or not as I was ill so didn't get weighed until last Wednesday but i had lost 1lb since the weigh in before Christmas.

I still count calories but at maintenance and I now tend to concentrate over a week rather than daily.

I lost 4 stone on lighterlife before calorie counting and I still get weighed once every 2 weeks on a Wednesday night fully clothed lol. This keeps me sane and stops me worrying. I don't k ow my "true weight" though as I have never weighed in the first thing in the morning, after the loo and naked ha ha. I don't own any scales as do get obsessed with controlling things so I won't do that to myself so I only ever get weighed Wednesday nights, usually every other week.

I'm a maintainer, and good for you know for knowing when to stop! If you lose too much weight it's just going to be impossible to maintain. Thinner isn't always better.

I weigh myself once a month. Any more than that and it just feels like I'm on a diet. If I pig out one day, I just up my exercise the next. I go by my clothes fit more by the scales. Just got to keep using some common sense, really. Good luck!

Back