Maintaining...?

Discussion in 'JUDDD / Intermittent Fasting' started by missnic07, 27 January 2013 Social URL.

1. missnic07

missnic07 Well-Known Member

I've still got a couple of lbs to go, but I'm starting to think about how I'm going to maintain. I know I up my DD calories to about 50% of the recommended daily amount..so I'd have about 800 cals on a DD?
    But on an UD do I still have 2000?
    Thanks for any help x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Emilyx

Emilyx Well-Known Member

on an up day you'd have your maintenance calories which would be roughly about 1600-1800. best way to find out is to put your details on mfp and set it to maintain. and on the down day only eat half of the calories.
    hth

x

4. Want2BeSlim

Want2BeSlim Well-Known Member

I have wondered this too missnic

I checked the JUDDD website and couldn't really find any info/explanation about maintenance on this plan :( *confused*. I did put my stats into the calculator choosing '50% maintenance mode' - my UD cals were 1757 and my DD cals were 879 but I am not sure if this means I still have to stick to strict alternate days. It doesn't say anything so I am assuming that would be the case... the thing is I had hoped (and sure I had also read somewhere?) I would only need to do 2 down days a week rather than still need to continue with strict alternates throughout maintenance - but I wouldn't have a clue on what my calories would need to be on that ratio.

5. missnic07

Yeah I thought I'd be able to have more up days too! Hmm maybe when I reach target I will try and if it works we could just do that :) x

6. RebekahR

RebekahR Well-Known Member

I'm giving it a go for maintaining currently. Trying 500/2000 will see how weight settles after a fortnight then increase if needed@

7. missnic07

Don't you do 500/2000 already tho? That's what I do, so I'm thinking to maintain maybe keep that but only have 2 down days rather than 3 x

8. RebekahR

RebekahR Well-Known Member

I'm new to juddd so giving it a whirl!! I'm thinkin with my metabolism I will maintain on the normal ratio

9. ladybird777

ladybird777 back to lose some more

Can you tell me how you do that please? I'm on there but can't see how to change it. xx

10. ladybird777

ladybird777 back to lose some more