maintenance- i need help :(

fat_2_fabulous

Silver Member
to those people that have got to goal and maintained your weight loss....r u still happy?the more weight i lose the sadder i get!!!i cant eat without feelin uber bad and if i do i think about how i can get rid of it ie laxatives or throwing up! at the moment i just cant get to grips with sole source and if i do eat its nothing major, just celery or sliced chicken which i shudnt feel majorly guilty about but i do!!i came off it in november and did have a little gain of just under half a stone in 5 months but i did start going out about 3 times a week drinking and then have hangover food. but then for a week id go a week without eating hardly anything to try and lose the gained weight. i just dont wanna have to rely on cambridge for the rest of my life.im so scared to live a normal diet. if i went onto weight watchers now i no id put on weight rather than lose it!for all those ppl thinking thanks for putting a downer on things, if you have the right frame of mind cambridge diet is the best thing thats eva happened and i recommend it to anyone. ive never been so happy about the weigh i look now, but ive never been this down about the way i feel!!!but i have always had a problem with food, when i was 15 i stopped eating for more or less 6 months and lost drastic amounts of weight, which is like cd, i seen how much weight i put on after it and am scared that i mite do the same again. I enjoy food and dont want to have to live worrying permanently about food, particularly when its not even bad food like chicken or salad. it gets me really down, my friends have noticed, my family has noticed, my mum gets so worried about me!

sorry to have a moan i just dont no what to do, i sometimes think lighter life may have been better for me as the counsilling apparently stops you from thinking like this!!

arrghhhhhh!!!!

xx

Sending big HUGS hun. I found getting my head round maintenance difficult as I was convinced I would gain weight but miracle of miracles I didn't and actually initally kept losing when I wasn't supposed to so there is no need to fear food. Can I ask, did you work up through the plans as I found these so helpful in giving you some guidance as to what and how much you can eat?

Gxx

i started maintenance but went a bit off the rails, as i hadnt drank for 6 months, got a taste of vodka and went mad. started livin on chicken slices.....crazy i no. i only need to get to 11 5, its just so hard gettin the last bit. im on sole source this week, well meant to be but celery has become my best friend. as has coke zero, but ive got less than a stone to go till goal weight so im assuming im gunna be maintaining soon. i just hate being so down. i nearly burst into tears in work the other day!!!plus i look so tired, so many ppl told me i looked awful today in work. lovely i no but i no i did and i felt it too!!!

x

Maybe you should consider losing the last bit of your weight on the plans. This would help you rebuild your relationship with food, may give you more energy and feel a little better in yourself. It is also a great learning process. You ultimately must do what feels right for you but maybe worth thinking about.

HUGS
xx

thanks for your replies porgeous, i want to just binge permanently, thats one thing that hasnt changed!!!!!its my bday on thurs and im so scared to drink arghhh i need to stop stressing and just live my life!!!!!

x

Oh babes!!
I really understand how you are feeling.Im also so worried about the maintaiining part as the 2 cdc i have been with both still rely on the packs. I would like to see a typical days example of what someone eats after losing on this diet.
Maybe someone who has actually maintained and eats normally will post and be able to shed some light on this?
Hope so. Best of luck to youXX

Hi Moti

Here are a couple of my daily menus to give you an idea.

Gxx
Yesterday

Bowl of Allbran with skimmed milk
2 slices of wholemeal bread toasted with butter and scrambled egg
Rachel's organic low fat tropical fruit yoghurt
Smoked salmon with lemon and pepper
Prawns stir fried with honey & cashew sauce with rice
Rachel's organic low fat rhubarb yoghurt
and will have a big bowl of strawberries and grapes later

Today

Bowl of Allbran and skimmed milk
Bowl of raspberries and grapes
Carton of Sunmaid raisins
Wholemeal roll with chicken and stuffing slices
Petit filous little chocolate pudding
Banana
Chunky cod in bread crumbs, chunky oven chips and beans
Big bowl of grapes and strawberries
Some dried dates to top up my calories

that sounds amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

would be nicer if a kfc was on the list lol but still something to keep hunger strike away would be fab.

i particularly like the toast and scrambled egg...mmmnnn!!!!!!!!!

x

Hi porg, thanks for posting. I guess it;s just a case of eating healthily instead of take aways all the time!!

Still early days for me but yes amazing how much you can eat if you make healthy choices, of course, there is room for the odd "naughty" bits and bobs!

Gxx

Hi F2F,

there is a website called 'weightlossresources' (just gooogle it) that I have used it the past.
You put in you height and weight and activity level. You can use it for losing/gaining/maintaining weight. It will tell you how many cals you need per day, you then enter what you are eating every day. eg, tea with s s milk, 1 portion of cornflakes etc etc.
The website has a massive database of foods and drinks (inc booze!) so it will automatically calulate the cals you are eating (and what porportion is fat/carbs/protein etc).
You can 'save' the surplus cals up for the weekend, so you can still have a normal social life, and if you do any additional exercise, you can add the cals you have burnt to your daily allowance.
It sounds like a massive ball-ache, doesnt it! but you can try it for free for 3 days, and I really found that it works, esp with potion control. It will help you regulate your eating, and because you know how many cals you should be eating everyday you wont feel guilty about eating.
There is also a forum on it, and loads of people post and r friendly.
good luck xx

Hi one of the things I've done is to re-evaluate my goal weight as I think my body is kinda meant to be a bit heavier than I thought! I've kept the weight off by eating low GI...sample day would be -

Breakfast - porridge with fat free milk, pro biotic strawberry yoghurt, prunes and berries
Tea break - Ainsley Harriott Wild Mushroom soup
Lunch oatcakes with Mushroom Pate
Afternoon apple or health bar
Dinner Tofu rice and loads of veg
Provamel Choc pudding
Evening- oat biscuits

You have done so well...fat 2 fab....you can do it!

Hi fat2fab,
i know i cant tell u how to feel better coz i myself have only just started this diet. Like u when i finish i want to somehow live a normal life going out drinkin and having a cheeky kebab now and again and it does worry me that i will not be able to and i won't be happy but i suppose i will cross that bridge when i come to it. Initially i want to lose the weight first before i worry 2 much about it.
i just wanted to say that i have followed ur weight loss journey from wen u first started posting on minimins. u have been my inspiration. everytime i feel down or want to eat i always search for ur posts to look at ur pics. I thinks its maybe coz we r of a similar age and u were of a similar starting weight to what i was. Anyway i just hope u feel better soon and wanted to say thanku for keeping us updated on all of ur progress be it good or bad as u r such an inspiration.
i hope u find away round this problem that u r facing, and can start enjoying being fabulous again
xx

oooh my!thats the nicest thing ever!ive just had tears in my eyes....im very emotional at the moment! i was never anorexia but ....maybe the first time ive admitted it i did have a eating disorder in the past and im scared that it might be coming back!im gunna do this for a cuple of more weeks see if i feel better, if i dont then ive realised i definately need to go and see some 1 professional. i cant live like this forever. thanks for all your replies xxx

First of all big hugs and loads of good luck..

I know where you are coming from and even though I'm only half way, I already worry about what to do after CD..I just don't want to ever get to where I was before again...this has been too much hard work. I will follow this thread (and similar ones) very carefully and see what happens.

And, you are an inspiration allthough I'm somewhat older than you, just your success and detrmination is great for everyone starting out or, like me, half way through and in a bit of a no- man's land...headwise..right now..

take care

xxx

Back