Maintenance or ladies who have completed LL im a newbie to forum but...

PINKY

Hi everyone :D

I started LL last May and lost 3 stone in 3 months i had already lost 3 stone with rosemary connelly and could shift the last 3 till LL. I then lost a further 7lb when i started reintroducing food.
I got down to 9st 7lb.
But then my husband 2 be (H2B) lost his job and i could no longer afford to go so i left and carried on slowly reintroducing food.

I aimed at maintaining my weight between 9st 7lb and 9st 12lb which i have done for 12 months.

I have now hit a problem i have put on a little bit of weight im 10st 9lb and cant shift it iv been trying for 10 weeks! I joined a gym which concentrates on tonning etc. I cut my food down in the week and have no carbs which works but then after 2-3 days i give up and eat bad.
I love to eat out and have a take away on the weekend i had this balanced but now i seem to be stuck at 10st 9lb its not increasing but i wanna get back down to 9 7lb or 9st 12lb!

Any advice or help as i dont know why this has happened and i do not want to go on the slipperly slope and end up back there again.

PS I sooooooooooooooooo wish id found this forum when i was on LL

Anyone ???

Im new to this forum and i am unsure how it works whether its fast a t responding im used to anouther forum which is active chat so sorry if i seem impatient :D

This forum isn't super fast, but usually people are around during the day.

If you still have the maintenance book maybe it would be worth going back to some of the earlier weeks reccipes and working forwards from there.

I'm still doing the abstinence stage though so I'm sure someone with more of a clue than me will know better!

I never even got the books you see becus i did my last week in the foundation class and was going up to the maintenance 2 weeks after this and she had explained to me to start introducing 1 meal a day consisting of green salad and protein until then as i was more than ready to start reintroducing food.

Thats when h2b lost his job and i could no longer afford to go.

Maybe i should get the foundation book out and have a read back through that...

Have a look at a thread called AJ's Management diary. She does post bits from the book in there so that may give you some help too.

Okey Doke i'll have a read now....

Im currently doing a fruit veggie soup diet not sure how its going i'll weigh myself tommorrow and see if its working hehe!

Mornin' Pinky!

I've just caught up with your thread.

Congratulations on your fantastic achievements to date. I'd love to have a chat but just now I have to get ready for work (!) so I'll catch up with you later today if that's ok.

Speak to you later....

AJ

Hia Pinky,

Back from work now....

I do commend you for your efforts so far; losing 3 stone with RC and then losing another three with LL, plus another half during maintenance - a huge achievement.

I am sorry to hear about your H2B's job loss - that's a lot of stress for the pair of you to deal with. I hope he's had some luck getting a new job.

".....I have now hit a problem i have put on a little bit of weight im 10st 9lb and cant shift it iv been trying for 10 weeks! I joined a gym which concentrates on tonning etc. I cut my food down in the week and have no carbs which works but then after 2-3 days i give up and eat bad.
I love to eat out and have a take away on the weekend i had this balanced but now i seem to be stuck at 10st 9lb its not increasing but i wanna get back down to 9 7lb or 9st 12lb! ...."

Meanwhile you've put back on about a stone and 2 lbs I think, and are desperately trying to get it off again!

Well, what you've been doing (gym/low carbs) has not been effective, so ditch that plan. I'm just pondering though, have you been taking your measurements? With all that gym work you are sure to be more toned perhaps (?) so it may not be all bad news.

You've had some success with RC, have you thought about following her eating plan again. I don't mean going back to the class, but just using all the books and information from the last time you did her programme.

I'm imagining being in your position Pinky, and thinking that I would want quick results (like with LL). However, other weight loss programmes are not like LL and perhaps it might be a good idea to think long term and consider an eating plan that you can adapt long-term.

I am thinking really about the body's responses to all this dieting. It's a wonderful machine. Sometimes too wonderful in my opinion. If it feels that it is being threatened with starvation, it does things to slow the process of weight loss to compensate and protect us. This is, quite frankly, a pain in the bum, because it means that eating too little (for quick results) can mean that we don't lose much weight, but easily put in on if we start eating 'normally'. I don't really know the science, but I am aware that eating too little is just as bad as eating too much.

I suppose it is all about getting the balance right, eating for our health, and trying not to get into 'diet' mode. Extremely difficult for me as a previous serial dieter, and perhaps for you too?

When you did LL did you complete the maintenance part, did you 'go it alone'? Are you still attending the meetings?

Do you have all your books from the foundation part of the programme? If so, it might help to have a look through them again to get help with the 'head' part of the programme, which for me was a revelation and helped me come to terms with my self-destructive eating behaviour.

I have finished management a few weeks ago and am attempting to remain a stable weight at the moment. I am struggling to eat enough (!) and keep losing weight. This is not good but I am working to try and get to grips with my fear of putting on weight.

I don't know if any of this helps at all. However, I send you the best of luck with your journey and trust that you will be able to find a way to lose this 'bit' of excess weight and keep it off.

Last edited:
Back