Maintenance, the cupcake way!

Littlest-cupcake

Hello all. Some of you may already know me from the cd threads, most of you probably won't! My name is Beth. I started Cambridge on new years day at 147 pounds. I am now (as of about 2 hours ago) 111 pounds, which means I have lost 36 pounds in three months, and have about half a stone to go until my ultimate goal of 105 pounds.. I have been on ss since the beginning and like most have found it a saviour at times, and a blooming nuisance at others! Especially since I have had to miss or adapt lots of social occasions over the last few months. But hey, I am here, I feel great...but I am apprehensive about the next stage! I officially start 810 on Monday. However this week I have had some ss+ meals. Just plain chicken salad or last night I had Seabass, prawns and salad as per Cambridge portions. Weirdly I think this has already kicked me out of keto as I have had an awful headache and feel weirdly hungry these last couple of days. Not very happy about this, but what are your thoughts, will it be possible to lose half a stone on the steps (with moderate exercise?) I really want to get to my ultimate goal by the time I get up to 1500, but I suppose it wouldn't actually be the end of the world if I maintained at this weight. I am worried that as soon as I start eating the weight will go back on. Silly I know. I am a big panic pants. Anyway, tomorrow. Cambridge porridge for breakfast, soup and 250g yoghurt for lunch, Chinese prawns for tea, vanilla shake for supper. Question on the yoghurt. I've bought onken no fat vanilla yoghurt. BUT I have a sneaking suspicion that I can't eat it. It has sugar and corn starch in it. I should have bought non flavoured right? meh. I might just stick to my skimmed milk allowance. Boo..the yoghurt really excited me! Also, 250 is a lot right?! I filled my pot to 200g and thought no way do I need more than that! Any advice on the yoghurt front is appreciated!!! Xxxx

Littlest-cupcake said:
Hello all. Some of you may already know me from the cd threads, most of you probably won't! My name is Beth. I started Cambridge on new years day at 147 pounds. I am now (as of about 2 hours ago) 111 pounds, which means I have lost 36 pounds in three months, and have about half a stone to go until my ultimate goal of 105 pounds.. I have been on ss since the beginning and like most have found it a saviour at times, and a blooming nuisance at others! Especially since I have had to miss or adapt lots of social occasions over the last few months. But hey, I am here, I feel great...but I am apprehensive about the next stage! I officially start 810 on Monday. However this week I have had some ss+ meals. Just plain chicken salad or last night I had Seabass, prawns and salad as per Cambridge portions. Weirdly I think this has already kicked me out of keto as I have had an awful headache and feel weirdly hungry these last couple of days. Not very happy about this, but what are your thoughts, will it be possible to lose half a stone on the steps (with moderate exercise?) I really want to get to my ultimate goal by the time I get up to 1500, but I suppose it wouldn't actually be the end of the world if I maintained at this weight. I am worried that as soon as I start eating the weight will go back on. Silly I know. I am a big panic pants. Anyway, tomorrow. Cambridge porridge for breakfast, soup and 250g yoghurt for lunch, Chinese prawns for tea, vanilla shake for supper. Question on the yoghurt. I've bought onken no fat vanilla yoghurt. BUT I have a sneaking suspicion that I can't eat it. It has sugar and corn starch in it. I should have bought non flavoured right? meh. I might just stick to my skimmed milk allowance. Boo..the yoghurt really excited me! Also, 250 is a lot right?! I filled my pot to 200g and thought no way do I need more than that! Any advice on the yoghurt front is appreciated!!! Xxxx

Hello. Plain protein and salad wouldbt have kicked u out of keto hun. Keep up the fluids!

I lost thw same on 810 as i did on SS so dont wprry too much.
Where have u got ur amounts fpr 810 from? Seem different to mine? I had 3x CD products and dinner as per book plus either milk allowance or fat free natural yoghurt (190g).
So shale brekkie and lunch, fold dinner using yog / yog after and shake in evening. X

Hi hun thanks for the comment.

I read it in the newest camb handbook. Its on the last page which says "dont take milk" and it says for step two you can have 250g plain fat free yoghurt.

I didnt explain myself properly sorry. I have 3 cambridge products a day then one meal, and milk. Though so far today Ive only had one product and meal and milk allowance and i am full!

Hoping the weight loss wont stall but lost another 2lbs at weigh in, taking me to 110 pounds - five pounds to go!

ForumRunner_20120402_195955.jpg

Saturday's meal:

Fresh seabass seasoned in herbs,and lemon juice.

Fresh king prawns in chilli,paprika and black pepper.

bed of 40g lettuce / 40g cucumber.

Delicious is not the word!

View attachment 45199

Tonight's meal (from cwp handbook)

Chinese prawns and green veg stirfry.

It says in the book 1 courgette per person. Courgette is HUGE! So I only used half.

Used lots of water though when making up the stock..so the prawns were in a lovely chinese broth. yum. i remember the wonder of garlic!!!

Got very full very quick.

What a novelty to have noodles! ..to be fair though i could have done without them. Carbs arent all that they are cracked up to be are they?!

dont think the last pic worked so here is my tea again :)

ForumRunner_20120402_231552.jpg

Littlest-cupcake said:
Hi hun thanks for the comment.

I read it in the newest camb handbook. Its on the last page which says "dont take milk" and it says for step two you can have 250g plain fat free yoghurt.

I didnt explain myself properly sorry. I have 3 cambridge products a day then one meal, and milk. Though so far today Ive only had one product and meal and milk allowance and i am full!

Hoping the weight loss wont stall but lost another 2lbs at weigh in, taking me to 110 pounds - five pounds to go!

Ah i see. I asked my cdc coz i didnt want the milk and she told me that amount! Ah well theres bound to be variations!

Do still have ur products even tho ur full tho or it will stall ur weighloss and ur not getting the nutrients you need! Xx

Littlest cupcake your dinners are looking amazing!! I might start posting some of mine too!

thanks Waffle! Here is my meal tonight.

Tandoori spiced fish and green veg: (from cwp handbook)

ForumRunner_20120403_192556.jpg

Not the prettiest dish but good gosh it was nice to taste curry spices again!! And 180g of fish is a lot! I am really full now, but going to make sure I have my last product later.

I used a steamer for the first time for my veggies...they were certainly al dente hehe. Need to do a bit of trial and error with the timing!

working out just how easy it is to flavour things with alternatives to oils and heavy dressings. the lime juice on the fish tonight was amazeballs! And the veg stock last night was yummy.

One thing I will say though...why is all food tasting so salty?!?

Argh...my new job is causing havoc with this diet...just so busy my water levels are next to nothing...tonight when I had my milk allowance I was full before I even had food!

In other news, got a load of stuff from ASOS today...size eight dressies. All slightly too big. annoying. going to just get them altered. However I now do not have one pair of well fiting trousers...very annoyed that I am starting a new job looking like a scruff....and going out on saturday and my dress I wanted to wear is too big :( AND I bought extra small belts...too big. Gosh...sometimes I think being smaller is too much like hard work.

Had my gym induction today. yay! Was thinking of starting on the vibro plate tomorrow!

Another more serious question that has been playing on my mind. What are the signs of body dysmorphia? Its just....I have never had any confidence in my looks...but I thought losing weight would help...but I still dont feel happy...in fact now I think I look ugly in profile....and my mind has been racing with ideas about getting a nose job. This..is...not...normal. but I am not sure what to do or who to speak to.

xxxxx

In other news, got a load of stuff from ASOS today...size eight dressies. All slightly too big. annoying. going to just get them altered. However I now do not have one pair of well fiting trousers...very annoyed that I am starting a new job looking like a scruff....and going out on saturday and my dress I wanted to wear is too big :( AND I bought extra small belts...too big. Gosh...sometimes I think being smaller is too much like hard work.

Had my gym induction today. yay! Was thinking of starting on the vibro plate tomorrow!

Another more serious question that has been playing on my mind. What are the signs of body dysmorphia? Its just....I have never had any confidence in my looks...but I thought losing weight would help...but I still dont feel happy...in fact now I think I look ugly in profile....and my mind has been racing with ideas about getting a nose job. This..is...not...normal. but I am not sure what to do or who to speak to.

xxxxx

Very exciting about the new clothes, not so exciting having to get them altered. With the work trousers, I know it's expensive but have you thought about getting a pair tailored? If you're sure you're going to stay at this weight it could be a good investment?

The body dysmorphia thing....well I certainly am not qualified to say. I have a friend who is a high intensity therapist and I think it's one of the conditions that she comes across at work. I don't want to suggest you need to see a therapist but if you are genuinely concerned see your GP.

I for one think you look amazing in the picture that you put on the other thread and quite the opposite of ugly! xxx

Hi waffles, thank you so much for your support it means a lot to me.

I have had a couple of days to mill things through and i am feeling a bit better today. A couple of things have put my mind into a state of perspective, one was spending the day with a group of carers and hearing all their amazing inspiring stories...made me realise it is ok to take pride in how you look, and of course it is important to be healthy...but hey..life is about so much more, and if you have your loved ones and good health..you are lucky regardless. The second thing that cheered me up with spending an afternoon with my bestie. We are going on a big night out on saturday...and i am excited :) my first proper dress up in ages!

I have bought a lovely dress from river island...and having my nails done tomoro! Because i dont drink anymore I can spend my wine money on looking pretty hehehe.

Back to food:

Yesterdays tea was a lovely spicy tuna fish cake with pak choi...yum! Will make this again no doubt at all.

Yesterday I actually managed all my products which was great.

And.. I did 15 mins swimming...not much I know but I am determined to do the exercise thing responsibly and just build myself up.

Tonight, I made quorn salad. It was lovely..really nice..but soooo much food! I also put some extra virgin olive oil in the pan. Big regret. Not using oil again..silly me. The smell of 'frying' made me feel a bit ill.

Unfortunately due to being really busy today..i only had one product :/ very naughty.

Tonight I went to the gym for about 45 mins. Went on the cross fit, the arm bike and SO proud of myself...I did twenty mins on the treadmill (one min walking/one running in intervals) managed to do five of those mins on an incline and altogether i ran 1.2k..a good start to my couch to 5k challenge :)

Excited for my nails and bra fitting tomoro (boohoo bye boobs!) And just generally trying to tell myself it is about getting fit now...not getting thin. Xxx

P.s at the moment my phone is smashed..so cant upload pics..but i am taking them and will add them as and when my poor phone is fixed! Hopefully below is my quorn salad from tonight...but who know. Blooming technology

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120406_001517.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120406_001517.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 130
Hello all.

Sorry I have been absent for a few days, Easter has not been kind to me! I need to vent a bit....

Ive kinda gone on A weird binge cycle.. Over the weekend I must have eaten my body weight in chicken. Then over the last few days I've just been picking at little bits and bobs, having a pack here a pack there, hardly any water, a few squares of chocolate, a step two meal here and there, culminating in today where I ate 2 packs, a whole graze box, my milk allowance, my step two meal, and ten Percy pig sweets. Eugh. I feel gross. I don't even know why I've done it, it was like I got to 8 stone and then automatically tried to sabotage myself. This is why I feared going back to food at all.

Ok, tomorrow is a new day, I'm going to try to do ss until Monday, just because I'm def not going to lose this week now so it's more a case of damage limitation! Gym tomorrow too. And screwing my willpower head BACK ON.i need to get to 105... And I won't do it like this :(

Its less than half a stone away! Why am I determined to mess things up???!!!

Ok, thanks for letting me vent!

right...back on course...no excuses.

plus i have my smartphone back so i can get back to myfitnesspal and taking pics of my food (never realised how much my phone was keeping me on course!!)

xx

Today has been a nice day. 2 camb products, some almond milk and cheats pizza for tea. it was lush to have a pitta bread! I am not worried about keto at the mo, more important to get a good healthy relationship with food. According tl mfp, i have had 814 cals today....which i must keep reminding myself is a low total!!

ForumRunner_20120413_223001.jpg

mmmmm pizzzza! cheeeese!! these (i say these, i cut one pitta in half) were amazing. i got it from the camb meals in minutes book, but i subbed parma ham for a little bit of chicken, and served with a rocket and cherry balsamic side salad. they are supposed to be a lunch for the higher steps...but worked well as a friday treat for me :)

boyfriend had a wholllle shop bought pizza,beer, and this lil guy....

ForumRunner_20120413_223904.jpg

ps. went to primark today. got a playsuit in age 11-12! six pounds! biggest bargain ever! will upload a pic at some point xxx

had my hair done this morning...blonde blonde blonde..

ForumRunner_20120414_171941.jpg

twenty past five and here is my food diary for today...yet again I have strayed off course..and fully expecting to gain on Monday.....

B: Cambridge apple and cin porridge. (150 cals)

Mid Morn snack: small slice of carrot cake and 200ml almond milk (300 cals)

Lunch: 20 grams (one large slice) chicken breast with sea salt and black pepper and cup of peppermint tea (50 cals)

Mid Afternoon snack: 1 pumpkin seed ryvita with semi soft goats cheese and king prawns. (140 cals)

Dinner: medium egg scrambled, with tomato, herbs and smoked salmon. (200 cals)

exercise: 30 mins zumba for wii. (174 cals burnt)

= around 700 cals net.

I really need to refind my willpower!!! xx

Haha, oh no! Carrot cake!!

Sorry to hear about your blips this week. I have been exactly the same. I'm on holiday at the moment, saying in a villa so should have been able to do CD properly but I've had French bread for breakfast - they don't have nimble! Pasta for lunch and bbq'd veggies for dinner.

I had a naughty pain au chocolat for breakfast this morning - well half of it. My OH snatched it from my mouth and gave me a lecture.he's been really annoying about my diet this week whilst we've been away (moaning about me eating French bread, I've had one tiny macaroon, and stole one of his chips at lunch today). I can understand why he's moaning, he's paying for me to do this diet but I think considering I'm on holiday I actually haven't been as outrageous as I could have been.

I haven't had a weigh in for two weeks as my CDC was unwell and then I was away, I'm looking forward to my wi on Monday. I also think my little cheats this week have made me more determined for when I get back. I might even do 810 for a week for a kick start.

Also that cheats pizza looks great!!

And I love your hair :)

Back