Maintenance to lose...

Deezer

Gold Member
This may seem like a daft question... but to lose via maint do i have to use the maint products or could i use a regular sachet!!!

I'm just thinking of doing the last stone via maint!!! But i actually quite like having my vanilla shake in my coffee in the morning.... i do it everyday and would have no problem continuing to do so!!!

Thanks

Dee xxx

Hi Dee. This is going to sound very negative, but I'll add my two penn'orth...

I got the maintenance samples before my hols - to my taste, they were pretty awful! The orange creme and the chocolate were so sickly I couldn't finish them. The caramel bar (which I was really looking forward to) was incredibly hard and tough to bite through, very dry and tasteless and then stuck to my teeth horribly. I nibbled away at it off and on all day, but couldn't finish it either!

At least I can finish the summer fruit shake, but I don't like the texture - it's like eating froth all the way down! Next time I'll have to just stir it rather than using a whisk and see if that helps. The soup however is actually quite reasonable.

I got some of those two to bring away with me and I've just used one in place of a lunch on 3 or 4 occasions. I cannot for the life of me imagine having 2 or 3 of them a day...! :eek:

I also brought a load of the tfr shakes with me, intending to have them for breakfast, as I was used to. I can't take the vanilla in my coffee, because I found it too sweet (I've never liked sugar in coffee or tea) but I would always have a coffee, the vanilla shake and then another coffee. Bizarrely, since I've been eating again at lunch and dinner, I've not actually felt the need to have anything for breakfast other than the two coffees, with occasionally a bit of fruit just to nibble... Mind you, it probably helps that I'm having lie-ins and so I'm eating lunch only about 3 hours after I get up! :D

All in all, I'd say get the samples and try them yourself after you've re-fed for xmas. Then you can better decide if it will suit you or if you'd be better going on tfr again. Hey - maybe you won't even need to - you might carry on losing when you re-feed anyway (if you can avoid too much cider ;)).

Mx

AWww thanks hun... my ideal scenario is to not need any... to be better able to manage my food intake.... i think as a lot of us do... that carns do me no favours.... when i have looked at low/high carb foods while i've been on TFR... I think i was eating a lot of carbs without realising... So i'm trying to re-educate myself and maybe drop the last bit by diet....

I don't want to ruin my metabolism by being on/off/on/off.... so i think i'm going to see how much i have left to lose by xmas.... hopefully it will only be 1/1.5 stone... But then saying that!!! TFR that would be off in a month!!! Ooooooh i'm so impatient lol....

Absolutely - I'm very aware that I'm eating way less carbs than I would normally, and so far it's not bothered me too much and (fingers still crossed) my weight seems fairly stable. Even though I'm having a croissant or patisserie about every other day! (don't let on to the 100% forum... :D)
Mx

Absolutely - I'm very aware that I'm eating way less carbs than I would normally, and so far it's not bothered me too much and (fingers still crossed) my weight seems fairly stable. Even though I'm having a croissant or patisserie about every other day! (don't let on to the 100% forum... :D)
Mx
You have earnt them.... enjoy!!! x

The caramel bar (which I was really looking forward to) was incredibly hard and tough to bite through, very dry and tasteless and then stuck to my teeth
I know what you mean, it sticks really badly to teeth doesn't it?! Must say, the 1st one i had seemed horrendously sweet but the one today i did quite enjoy. Nice and thick and chewy.
I was thinking the same as you Dee about using them to lose a bit on maintenance but they are not cheap. £15 for 7. You can get Asda and Tesco own make slimming bars for a shed load less x

hi there
I love the maintenance bars I have it for breakfast with a strong cup of frothy (skimmed milk of course)coffee. BUT I take my sharpest knife and cut it into small pieces (9-10 pieces) I would never be able bit through it otherwise. some chemists here in southern Ireland are selling the seven pack for over 19 euro but I have found a chemist near me that sells the 7pack for 16 euro. I think they are so convenient for lunch when I don't have healthy salad stuff left in the fridge.

weigh in -13st 1lb
week 1 -12st 4lb 11lbs lost
week 2 - 11st 13lbs 5lbs lost
week 3 - 11st 9lb 4lbs lost
week 4 - 11st 5lb 4lb losti
week 5 - 11st 2 3lb lost part TFR and refeed
week 6 refeed

You have earnt them.... enjoy!!! x

I can't quite believe my eyes this morning.

I'm back from my (very extended, I know) hols in france. About a month of trying to be careful but at the same time knowing that this was the last time I'd get such a long break for quite a while, so I wasn't going to deprive myself totally of such beautiful food (why can't the british do decent patisseries?!).

Without pigging out (and usually alongside plenty of salad), I've actually been including things like cheese, olives, pizza (and a few chips), cakes and ice creams, an odd glass of wine, EVEN a couple of meals out at a Thai restaurant having deep-fried spring rolls and a share of a curry!

I've come back 7lb lighter.

No, seriously!

:scale:

I had to stop and convince myself I hadn't got the stones wrong and was 7lb heavier... but NO!

I'm so relieved! Slightly in shock as well... I want to stay a bit cautious, but it seems a very heartening indicator that it might not be too hard to go back to real life and real eating and not put the weight back on... I find that very encouraging.

So - I had a left-over shake last night and will be off to the chemist for more today. I still have a considerable belly but I'm only about 7lb away from BMI 25, so wondering whether to wear some "heavy" clothes so they'll let me stay on for another few weeks... :D

Glad to be (properly) back.
Marianne x

Can I just ask you all (who know so much more than me!)... when you go into the maintenance phase... can you just stick to the refeed diet instead, so shakes morning and lunch for instance, then a meal at night? (as opposed to buying the maintenance products)x

I think if you emailed LT... they'd whinge saying no you have to use the sachets as they are intended TFR.... BUT.... If thats what you wanted to do for a while as an extended re-feed maybe then thats up to you!!! Its whether you chemist will still sell you them i guess lol....

I have done a similar thing the odd day this week as i have shakes left... to try to lose a few lbs before Xmas!!

Hi Dee,I have some left over 100% sachets and thought of doing a little refeed type week to give me a boost before Christmas, just not sure but can't seem to budge the last 2lbs!!! What do you think? Or I guess I could wait and do a 100% week after Christmas when there may be more than 2lbs to shift!! Ooh decisions!!

Back