maintenance with 5:2

Thanks ladies, was gutted, can't lie but know it's not fat so just go back to what I was doing. If it ain't broke? Why fix it? Xxx

Picked these shoes to wear with my dress :) xxx

image-3963741488.jpg

So I'm up and done my squats and doing hula. Went out for a few drinks last night with hubby, I had 2 small glasses low cal wine with diet lemonade whilst I was getting ready and 4 single vodkas and diet coke. Planned my food well throughout the day and finished on 1855kcals consumed which is well within tdee and also had half a small kebab with hubby and shared a small portion of chips with him and youngest when we got home my exercise plus fit bits adjustment shows I burned 1344kcals so that gave me a net of 511! Not too bad! Also my friend has set me a challenge to not weigh through June so I weighed yesterday at 9.8 and will weigh the first sat in July so that's 5 weeks! And my sister posted my 30 day shred back so I'm going to start that tomorrow and have started day 1 of squats today ( a June challenge on Facebook ) today is day 12 of thighs and abs ( rest day today ) and have just done my 30 mins hula. Measurements today are bust 33" waist smallest part 24.5" belly button 30" and hips 34" feeling bright and optimistic xxx

Morning Carrie. You are titchy tiny going on your measurements. You know that gain yesterday could be muscle gain I don't know why we didn't think of that yesterday.
Anyway you are tiny and I think its great to no weigh until July and I was thinking along the same lines myself but it would be a big challenge for me not to weigh. Had a blip the other day so makes me nervous.

have a great sunny Sunday.

End of July and dress pictures will confirm or deny I suppose. But they better not go up anymore! Haha! Xxx

So yesterday was a bit of an indulgent day finished on 2268, damn cocktails and prosecco but I had a great day catching up with my friend. Today is a fast day and I started jillian michaels 30 day shred today, day 2 squat challenge, day 13 thigh challenge, day 13 ab challenge and am currently doing my 30 mins power hoop. All that along side an 8.5 hr shift lol. Had an Iceland own brand yoghurt with 27g blueberries for breakfast, ww chicken noodle soup and a flavoured water at work and am simmering 200g frozen veg in 5v boullion to be whizzed up. I'll have that once I'm done. Then I'm left with 303kcals yay! Treat!!! Xxx

Had chilli snack a jacks along with my soup, treats were highlights got choc, tesco salt popcorn and 2 x pink n whites... Finished on 488kcals xxx

Just getting ready to start work. Done day 2 shred and day 3 squats and had branflakes, banana, fat free yoghurt, and flaked almonds for breakfast. Then grabbed a 160kcal portion of a protein flapjack I made. Here's to a good day xxx

Had half a tuna baguette with hubby for lunch, some coleslaw and 1/2 walnut coffee cake and a diet coke. Tea was 39g baby leaf salad, 103g cherry tomatoes, 1tbs balsamic vinegar and 2 x aldi specially selected chilli prawn lemongrass fishcakes.... Was yummy' lunch was 563kcals and tea was 540. Just done day 14 abs n thighs and am doing hula just now. Worked a long tiring shift today and will be working every hour I physically can for the next few weeks. Just gotta put a smile on it and bash on xxx

image-3406521252.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds like it will be a busy and tiring time over next few weeks but nothing i don't think you can handle. I love your practical and forward looking approach. x

Thanks kira, it just feels like déjà vu everyday lol. I just want a break from it. I feel I've aged so much in the last 4 weeks... :( at least food is cleaner lol xxx

Its a life time job eh Carrie ?
There must be a way to do it and it doesn't feel so bad :confused:
There must be a way if making it enjoyable so you want to keep doing it !

Its a life time job eh Carrie ? There must be a way to do it and it doesn't feel so bad :confused: There must be a way if making it enjoyable so you want to keep doing it !

Don't get me wrong it's getting easier but still a lot of mental work involved... I've just gotta keep hoping it'll carry on getting easier and it'll be less stressful soon. Xxx

Lunch was ww chicken noodle soup, pack whisps and flavoured water, 154kcals and worked till 7pm then came home put 200g frozen veg on simmer along with 5g boullion whilst I done my abs n thighs, day 15 complete! Had it with a pack of snack a jacks and total came in at 160kcals. Hubby's watching rugby whilst I'm hooping. Still have 116kcals to have when I'm done. Quick day tomorrow 9-3 no break hallelujah! Tried dress in again this morning.... And it already looks more comfortable. Knew I was bloated last week! Xxx

image-1517138689.jpg

Attachments

• image-882594889.jpg
    image-882594889.jpg
    460.2 KB · Views: 71
Thanks, it defo feels much better in the lower tummy area... Love it! Xxx

Wow! There is definitely a difference in the fitting and amazing you can see in the pics!

You ou look tiny! You are! I do understand that maintenance seems to be all consuming even more so than doing the vlcd and and initial fasting to lose the last bit. I think the mental aspect of training your mind to control and make certain choices is what is exhausting and no wonder you feel you've aged. However, I think with time it will become second nature to you and the mental effort you are putting in will become easier as it will end up simply being part of what you do your routine and way of life. A different way of life to what you had before you started losing weight.

Cheering you on on the side lines always!! Xx

It is a better fit eh ? How amazing :D

Thanks ladies, I don't find maintenance exhausting. It's work lol, it's the stress of work that's aged me and I need a break from my job :D lol xxx

Back