maintenence??

Why have you been on refeed so long? A refeed of 2wks is recommended if you've lost 5-6 stone, but 1wk is usually enough for a loss of less than that?
I don't see why you're not venturing into 'normal' eating by now?

I too have been on re feed for over 4wks, will be my 5th week tomorrow. My reasoning for this is because I still enjoy the shakes, and feel I need the structure of the re feed plan. I know it's purpose is to replenish glycogen stores, but I am enjoying the plan, have still lost a fair amount of weight on the re feed (def have not this week though!), and just do not want to leave my shake!! Have been advised though, that the aim of re feed is not lose weight, so may have to change my plan if I want to continue to lose!! To what I have no idea, as I am quite comfortable with what I am eating

Why have you been on refeed so long? A refeed of 2wks is recommended if you've lost 5-6 stone, but 1wk is usually enough for a loss of less than that?
I don't see why you're not venturing into 'normal' eating by now?

the reason is that im petrified of eating the wrong thing lol.. but also i have a very heavy few weeks ahead and if if i stick to the refeed sheet then it will accomodate the heavy partying that i will be doing x

I too have been on re feed for over 4wks, will be my 5th week tomorrow. My reasoning for this is because I still enjoy the shakes, and feel I need the structure of the re feed plan. I know it's purpose is to replenish glycogen stores, but I am enjoying the plan, have still lost a fair amount of weight on the re feed (def have not this week though!), and just do not want to leave my shake!! Have been advised though, that the aim of re feed is not lose weight, so may have to change my plan if I want to continue to lose!! To what I have no idea, as I am quite comfortable with what I am eating

me too liz im enjoying the food that im having now, and im scared stiff of putting weight on so its a case of better the devil i know at the moment lol...... my plan is to make up a weeks menu and try and stick to it but i dont seem to have the time to do it at the moment so the refeed sheet is serving me well xx

Ive been tinking about this too the big question wat do you do after refeed i guess you cud continue with the refeed but stop with the shakes its still a healthy plan the only difference is you wud be adding one meal in which you can change everyday. I guess its the biggest step stopping taking that last comfort shake but it must be done. Maybe have a maintenance bar for breakfast instead for a while?????????

Absolutely! The key is to do a VLCD diet and then move onto a long term healthy eating plan.

I remember being petrified when I first stopped the diet that I would regain all my weight if I happened to not weigh out my pasta properly!

But the reality is very different, and I did leave the comfort blanket of the diet behind and actually learnt to enjoy eating healthy.

For me the key to being slim long term is to find moderation outside of the packs and therefore after refeed I would look to a good stable healthy eating plan that is yours to embrace and enjoy for many years to come.

Mike

Back