MAISIE'S WITTERINGS

Hi Maisie,

You have been through a lot of stress over the last few weeks with one thing and another.

Sorry about your foot that is very frustrating and I feel maybe you do just need this time now to chill out in front of the television and not to worry about diet or anything to much but focus on rest as the body does need rest to heal itself.

My mother was a great believer in stews as you had all your veggies and meat in them and very good for healing the body and comfort food at that.

Much better than dipping into the biscuit tin.

Be gentle with yourself and sending hugs.

Love Mini xxx

Oh Maisie - so sorry about your BIL - hope he's on the mend now!

Re your foot - you poor thing - that sounds awful!!! But you know that you can't SS until 3 months have passed now, don't you! You need carbs for your foot to heal, so don't be too down on yourself about the diet. As Mini says, try to eat healthily for now and if you have a couple of blow-outs, well, who can blame you, darling!!!

Glad you're ok in the midst of everything though!
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

PS It would be fab if you could come to Dublin!! I'd miss you if you weren't there!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On a brighter note i'd love to make Dublin:D but even with that i won't know till nearer the time :confused:

Hello lovely lady!

I'm sorry to see that your foot is still giving you gyp - and do hope you're up and about again very soon.

It would be wonderful to see you in Dublin! You really MUST try to come as it just wouldn't be the same without you :cool: Thanks for your help in pointing me in the direction of BMI by the way .. that was lovely of you! xxxx

If you do happen to change your mind about Brum, the offer's open to stay at mine on the Friday night too as I'm driving up and back .. and am about 30 mins from Stansted :)

Take care and lots of love xxxxxxxxxx

Well i'm still off work at the moment :(
My bloody foot is still not healed and now i'm getting stir crazy:sigh:I was due to go on a Moving and Handling course tomorrow which will now need to be rearranged:(

Was back at the hospital this morning for another xray so that will be sent on to my Drs within the next few days hopefully!!!

Why is it when you have all this time off you do nothing?? or is that just me?? There are so many things needing done in this house it's unreal!!! i really need to get my finger out and stop vegetating on the bleeding couch!!! watching daytime tv !!! :eek: :eek: :eek: i'm becoming a permanent fixture & fitting!! :( :confused: :mad: :sigh:

Sorry to hear about your foot - what a nightmare! It drives you crazy coz you have a list as long as your arm and the time to do but not the ability! Sods law at its best! (worst)

Anyway diet ...............what diet?? :break_diet: :sigh: :confused: :wave_cry: Thats a whole other story i'll deal with at some other time or then again maybe i won't i'll see how i feel :D

whatever you feel hon, whatever you feel.. you've enough on your plate at the moment! (no pun intended)

I doubt i'm going to make Brum i have quite a few different things on around the same time and can't see myself being able to shuffle it :wave_cry:Maisie x x
:( so sad you can't make it to Brum.. hopefully see you at another meet up somewhere.. but I can't make it to Dublin :rolleyes:

Hope your foot is improving and that you are feeling more positive and that Minis idea of veg and meat stew hit the mark! :drool:

Just did a massive post and its been lost in cyber space ..i really can't be arsed doing it all over again!!!! :confused: :sigh: :cry: :eek: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :giveup: :needhug: :needhug: :needhug: :needhug: :badmood: :badmood:

OMG that happened to me today too, it is sooooooooooooooooooooooo annoying, the language out of me at the computer screen was unreal.....i went away for four hours and found the strength to type it all again, well not exactly cuz I couldn't rember..........

Ctrl A, then Ctrl C before pressing any submit buttons, at least then you've got a copy of what you've typed, I always do this but today....OOppps don't know why but i forgot LOL....

hope your doing ok,,,cheers Caz

Just to let you all know i am around and reading posts, i'm just not in a great place myself right now:sigh:
I think i had way too much time to think while i've been off work with my foot, which has resulted really in a lot of things rearing their ugly heads in my head that i've never dealt with in years :sigh:

But i'm fed up feeling like this its been coming on for months now, i even felt it when i was in Newcastle the last time but i put my happy face on as usual.

Well no more! i have actually taken the bull by the horns, so to speak and seen the Dr who was brilliant i may add (i dont do crying in front of people i dont know) ......but i did .... oh well...:cry:

I'm commencing with some counselling :psiholog: starting on Monday, which really should have happened this Monday but i got all my appts mixed up i was sure it was Wednesday i have so many bloody appnts ..physio, dr, counselling ...basically my heads been up my arsé:eek:
as i would never get all these things mixed up:confused: they were all logged in my phone as reminders ..i didnt even think to look at it.

Have'nt a clue what i'm going to say to a counsellor but if there is anyone out there that has been to one and can give me some advice i would really appreciate it, privately if preferred.

So i've been commenced on some medication so i'm kinda hoping i'll get out of this black hole some time soon (hate hate hate feeling like this), doesn't help i'm now at the heaviest i've been in my adult life ...kinda becomes a vicious circle which just leads to more self loathing really.

Anyway ...just to let you know i am still around ..lurking as we say.

Thanks to everyone who has replied to my posts,and msgd me privately or text me, i do really appreciate it, i feel quite ashamed really as i have hardly replied to anyones:eek:

But hopefully the sun will start shining for me soon and i wont feel so low.

Just read this post back to myself and it looks like i wallow in my own self pity...actually i dont :sigh: ..thats for those of you that dont know me ...i'm really quite sociable when i have a few bevvies down my neck....honest..... :)

I think a few will vouch for that on here:D

Take care all
luv
Maisie x x

Hiya Maisie,

Really glad to see ya pop up....I'll PM ya tomorrow, I've gotta go to bed soon, cuz I'm cream crackered, excuse the food reference LOL...

hang tight girl, I know u is not a whinger...

Awww Maisie.... big hugs to you - I know how much your struggling and my heart goes out to you.....:cry: :cry:

I haven't ever been to a counsellor (but maybe I should too...:rolleyes: :confused: ) but I think you have to be 100% honest with how your feeling, what's been eating away at you and hopefully they will be able to suggest ways in coping/letting go etc????

Anyway, I can certainly vouch that this lady is so, so not a self-pitying misery bum.....:eek: She is an attractive, lovely, friendly, kind, caring, funny (very, very funny!!!), girl who is a great laugh with our without a few bevvies..... she's obviously just gone AWOL for a while hun - but she'll be back before the summer I'm sure......

Take care and lots of love

Hi maisie
Just been reading through your thread and wanted to say hope you feel better soon, also wanted to tell you that i had conselling for a year in 2004 as my son was born with some problems that left me very very depressed[i didnt leave my house for 5 weeks at one stage]
at first i felt silly talking to someone i didnt know, and was very much of the mind 'what the heck am i going to say to her', it took a few weeks to get a sort of rapport going, but after that i found it did help me alot, she didnt exactly give me advice , but rather listened and made suggestions to how i could interpret things and other peoples reactions differently, it certainly made some difference to me and i hope it will help you out as well,
was gonna pm you, but hey its nothing to be ashamed of is it and we are all friends here!
best of luck maisie, hope it goes well
nataliexxxx

Hi Nat,

Thanks for telling me about your counselling, i'm just hoping i'll open up and spill it all out really on the day, my Dr thinks i'll do well because i've recognised the fact that i think i need some help ..we'll see on Monday :sigh:

Maisie x x

Hi hun, haven't seen ya in a while, but I sure hope your grand, this is just me posting an hellooooo and saying....I know I'm a day, well a nite early but just popping past to say.....

Happy St. Patricks Day
Shona St. Padraigs Duit

Well all i can say is hello to those that remember me and hello to those that don't :)

I'm kinda glad to report that i'm doing a lot better in myself and the light at the end of that bloody long tunnel is so much brighter now. I'm not 100% but doing really well the happy pills seem to have kicked in :)

I have'nt worked since February and i'm still signed off just now, i'm hoping to get back in the near future.
I honestly wouldnt wish depression on my worst enemy it is so debilitating its unreal, i just hope now that it never happens again! though i suppose i have had it in a milder form over the years but could usually deal with it myself, at least if it does happen again i'll recognise the symptoms before it gets out of hand hopefully.

I am going for CBT counselling which i have been finding really quite good and i've had some eye openers its scary!!!
I'm paying for it privately which i could really do without as i really cant afford it but, if it helps get me back on the straight and narrow then i'm willing to do it

Ok Dublin ...i wont be there ...sorry i really still dont feel up to it i had booked my flight ages ago but i dont mind losing 50 odd quid. I feel i would be putting a face on and not really be enjoying myself if you know what i mean? Its a shame cos we usually have a ball :)

I now weigh over 18 stone which i've never been in my life and actually dont feel very healthy at all its affecting my back, knees etc so now that i'm feeling better i'm gonna try to lose some weight ....how i do it i'm not sure yet but i'll work something out.

I've gone ahead and booked a holiday in Spain with my friend something i dont think i could have thought about 5 or 6 weeks ago so thats all progress, it isnt until October so hopefully it will give me some time to get some of this weight off:sigh:

I'm really going to try to post more regularly but recently i really have'nt had anything to say but i have always lurked and i know how you are all getting on :D
Not much more to say right now hope to hear from old and new buddies soon

Luv n stuff
Maisie x x

Hello Maisie!

I'm glad you've "put pen to paper" and are feeling a bit brighter. Darn fine invention these happy pills lol!

I'll really miss you in Dublin, but I guess I'll just have to phone you in a drunken stupor from the toilet of a night club again :giggle:.

Take care hun, and don't be a stranger. Miss you and :sign0168:.

Hello darling!!!!! SO glad to see you back - but sorry you've had such a rough time!

We'll miss you in Dubbers!!

xxxxx

Here here to that too!!

I will really miss seeing you again in Dublin darling but I understand if you don't feel up to it yet. I'm glad you feel the CBT is helping. I know it can be a real eye opener and not always a comfortable place to be so total respect to you for seeing that through.

I hope we will all meet up again really soon and I will be there grabbing the phone from Westie if she calls you from Dublin.

Stay well and know that you have many friends here who care about you hun,

xxx

Back