Major confusion?

Jenna88

Gold Member
Am I the only one who finds sw hard to get their head around?
I've signed up to the programme online, as I don't have time to make it to my local class.
I initially signed up for the extra easy plan as it was the one they were promoting and it seemed great but unless I am interpreting it wrong it seems too easy?
You can eat pasta, potatoes and lean meat until your hearts content? What?
Am I missing something?

I'm confused if what I have eaten today is even in line with what I should be doing?

I've had 2 apples, 1 banana, salad including, a handful of pasta, lettuce, mushrooms and peppers. I used 2 tablespoons of Hellman's light mayo to give some flavour.

For dinner I had a baked potato with Heinz baked beans (400g). Any advice? Opinions on what I've eaten? Can someone break it down in to laymans terms for me, I really want to succeed at this, 2 stone needs to come off!

Hi, 1/3rd of every meal needs to be superfree food thats how extra easy works by filling up on superfree food so you eat less of the other food, jacket potato and beans doesnt contain any superfree you need to have salad or maybe a big pile of mushrooms or whatever superfree you fancy as 1/3rd of your meal. if your struggling to add it at say breakfast time you can eat fruit before/after your cereal/toast etc hope that helps :)

have you read up on syns and healthy extras too?

i think online if you go on to the getting started bit you will find lists to download these list all the veg/fruit which are superfree :)

Thanks guys! So you would recommend a baked potato with salad as opposed to BB? That way I can fill up on salad?

Did my lunch seem ok to you guys? Sorry for being so irritating!

I've had a read over that first post (that was linked) and I'm guessing the general idea is to fill up on fruit and veg where possible and therefore you'll eat less of the free/synful food?

Syn wise I'm not too savvy with it yet, I think I may need to go to one meeting to get some advice? If anyone knows and it's not a hassle could someone tell me roughly how many syns I've consumed today? Part of me is regretting signing up and I should have just tried to eat healthily! Ahh!

Sw EE does take everything I have learnt and throws it out of the window! I have sat here for ages trying to sort a menu out for the week and so far I have got to tomorrow night!!!

Ill keep popping back and hopefully a SW wizard can pop in and shed some light on this for us

All the info you need is on-line you just need to spend some time reading it all and planning, then you'll be up and running. You can buy the Food Directory as a reference for syns and you have access to syns online where you can look anything up. It takes time to get your head round it but it's worth it!

Re the jacket potato, I would have had jacket, half a tin of beans and a big salad. Re syns, it looks as though the only ones you've had are the mayo - why don't you give syns online a whirl and look it up. Try starting a food diary on here and people can offer you tips and advice. Good luck x

Hiya I would agree about your syns being only from the mayo and if its Extra light then that's not many. You can have 5-15 syns per day. I use mine (mostly) on chocolate car or crisps. I try to make homemade bowl soup as much as I can. It's full of veg and really fills me up. Am not the best at explaining but there is loads threads that explain it well. Good luck

One of my fave meals is a baked spud.

I generally have BB & cheese filling - the cheese can either be from HE allowance or 6 syns. The cheese can be grated/sliced low fat / cheese triangles / low fat philly.

I came across a post last night where mims had made 'home made cheese' which is extremely low syn but reportedly scrummy - I'm going to try it this weekend ....http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...me-made-soft-cheese-any-flavour-you-like.html

My superfree part of that meal is either a side salad (generally if I'm out) or a chopped beetroot/tomato/cucumber mix at home.

You could also have a squizz in the Diary threads - that'd give you a good idea of menu's that other mims use.

The 1/3 rule is easy once you get your head round it.
Someone suggested working from the veg to do meal plans, so some peppers could be filled with chilli and roasted in the oven. Leeks could be baked or made into soup.
Recipes like Bolognese and curry are a little trickier, with Bol you count your onion, tomatoes, I add grated carrots, peppers mushrooms.
I actually curry vegetables now so rough chop peppers, onions, courgettes, Aubergine, carrots then curry them with tomato for the sauce.
But you could add peppers, onions, mushrooms to a chicken curry, plus a bowl of cucumber, red onion, tomato, sweetcorn( not superfree but yummy) mixed with ff yog and some mint sauce is a lovely side salad. Oh and try making crispy potato skins for your curry it's a great alternative to poppadoms!

Hi

It hasnt been unknown for me to eat a couple of raw carrots and an apple before having my jacket pot and beans to make sure I get my 1/3rd of superfree in.

Another thing I've started doing is when making SW chips I chuck in some carrot batons and have 1/3 carrots to potato as well as whatever veg I'm having, I'll also add veg to mash too.

Another thing I've started doing is when making SW chips I chuck in some carrot batons and have 1/3 carrots to potato as well as whatever veg I'm having, I'll also add veg to mash too.

ooh, that's a really good idea Shirleen, thanks for sharing it :) (I'm trying to bring the 1/3 into my green days, too, and this will help enormously with that).

Hey, im relatively new to all this too ... wen i first started i followed some peoples food diaries for inspiration ..... as it is a big of a head screw at first ....

Most ppl do extra easy coz you can combine your pasta, rice etc with meats but need to fill your plate with fruit or veg ... Online theres a syn counter which is a bit like my bible at the mo whilst im finding my feet .... you can search thousands of foods to find out if they have a syn value.

Theres also red & green days ... these days you can have two healthy extra As & Bs (so for A you can have milk etc, B you can have breads etc ) itll all be online ... If you want any help, i have a diary on here ... the link is on my signature, ile try help you best i can xxxxxxx

Back