Make up tips!

Sleeping Princess

Hi everyone,

Anyone got make up tips - would love to know some!

xo:rolleyes:

yeah share - i'm pants at doing my make up! :rolleyes:

Hi lovely Drama Queen,

Hope you are well honey!?

I adore natural looking making...using Bare Essentials (powder foundation), at moment!

love and hugggs*

xo:hug99:

i found out today that when choosing foundation you smear some just above your jawline and if you can see it in the mirror its too dark,

i found out today that when choosing foundation you smear some just above your jawline and if you can see it in the mirror its too dark,

Thanks Gill - how's your day going?

I'll remember that tip - that's great!

xoxox huggs*:hug99:

hi sp, good here, another tip i was told, is to do foundation and powder before mascara and ab the poweder over your eyes and the powder would help the mascara on your lashes, dont knwo how true that is cos i rarely wear mascara,

sp i love your picture in your signeture, i have pinched it as my desktop as its so pretty,

Gill,

That's fine sweetie - I'm very happy you like them....I just adore them too!

love and huggs*:hug99:

hi sp, good here, another tip i was told, is to do foundation and powder before mascara and ab the poweder over your eyes and the powder would help the mascara on your lashes, dont knwo how true that is cos i rarely wear mascara,

Gill,

Will try that too! Thanks heaps....I love being a girl...we all rock!

:party0038:

my first tip is to apply a light pale colour ie ivory, pale gold up to the arch of your eyebrows it opens up your eye area really well.

next when applying foundation try and use a foundation brush gives better coverage and is better for blending, after you have apllied blast with a hairdryer to set before you put powder on.

after using mascara get a hair dryer hold away from the face pointing up towards your lashes and blast for as long as you can, makes your lashes look great, i normally do two layers of mascara.

Get your eyebrows waxed professionally makes such a difference.

if you have small eyes just applying mascra to the outer half of the lashes will open up your eyes as does using white eyeliner.

Don't be afraid to experiment brown eyes look great with green eyeliner/shadow, also brown mascara works wonders on brown eyes

If you can't find a perfect foundation for your skin colour go lighter rather than darker as you can always fix it with blusher and bronzer, you don't want a brown face with white neck and chest.

If your foundation is a bit to dark or heavy for you mix with some moisturiser to get the right colour/consistency

When you buy the eyeshadows that are 3 different tones of the same colour use it like this.
Darkest Tone- apply along eyelashes and round the socket of your eye
Medium tone- Use this on the middle of your eye lid
Lightest tone- apply above the eye up to the arch of your eyebrow
and remember to blend

my first tip is to apply a light pale colour ie ivory, pale gold up to the arch of your eyebrows it opens up your eye area really well.

next when applying foundation try and use a foundation brush gives better coverage and is better for blending, after you have apllied blast with a hairdryer to set before you put powder on.

after using mascara get a hair dryer hold away from the face pointing up towards your lashes and blast for as long as you can, makes your lashes look great, i normally do two layers of mascara.

Get your eyebrows waxed professionally makes such a difference.

if you have small eyes just applying mascra to the outer half of the lashes will open up your eyes as does using white eyeliner.

Don't be afraid to experiment brown eyes look great with green eyeliner/shadow, also brown mascara works wonders on brown eyes

If you can't find a perfect foundation for your skin colour go lighter rather than darker as you can always fix it with blusher and bronzer, you don't want a brown face with white neck and chest.

If your foundation is a bit to dark or heavy for you mix with some moisturiser to get the right colour/consistency

When you buy the eyeshadows that are 3 different tones of the same colour use it like this.
Darkest Tone- apply along eyelashes and round the socket of your eye
Medium tone- Use this on the middle of your eye lid
Lightest tone- apply above the eye up to the arch of your eyebrow
and remember to blend

Sweet gdollery,

Thanks heaps - wow, this will help me to get those lovely looks!

What colors are good for fair skin?

many hugggggs* and love:happy096::girlpower::party0023::talk017:

Boots are doing a free get gorgeous dvd which is really useful. I watched it the other night it has a professional make-up artist giving all her tips for several different from one simple make up base. There is also a skin care expert and a hair expert from tony & guy. Just pop into boots & pick one up its a great freebie.

i find that purple and brown eyeshadows bring out green eyes really well, green makes blue eyes look amazing and gold colours look great with brown eyes. also the lightest touch of blusher along the cheekbone will add definition and shape to your face.

You can book a make over at body shop, boots etc and department stores.
They are usually free or may charge a nominal fee say £5 or £10 but then you get the same amount of money off any product you buy.

Just watch out for the hard sell... lol:D

when you use eye liner put your hand in a fist and stroke above your thumb it warms the pencil and makes it softer when running along your inner eye
use two mascaras or a double ended a big bush on your upper lid and a thin one on the bottom to prevent clogging
creme to powder foundations/ compacts work a treat and last for ages
and if you wear foundation put it on with a damp speaddy thing and it makes it look like its creme like not see though but a dry sponge thing makes it look see through x

Thanks, precious Opeyx,

Will give it a whirl!

I'm only really learning about the secrets of make up, so it's great to get everyones awesome ideas!

love and hugggs* honey!

Well it's not so much a tip, just an observation.

If you use moisturiser on your bod after a bath it can be quite cold and uncomfortable to apply in especially in winter. If you put your bottle of moisturiser in the tub at the start of your bath, when you get out the lotion has warmed up and is lovely and snuggly on your skin.

Boo x

Cheers...since loosing weight I got really back into hair and makeup.......the best tip I got for hair was to coat in Helmans mayo (yes mad I know) cover in a plastic bag and leave on (sitting my the radiator) for an hour....best hair treatment ever - the shine off your hair is just fab - the mayo is just oil and eggs (pure protein)....

Seriously it works!!LOL

A few more tips have occured to me:

1) Don't waste foundation that is too dark a shade for you. Add a blob f it to a blob of your daily moisturiser and you will have a tinted moisturser. Perfect for summer when foundation is muh too heavy.

2) If you're on the pill and you're out in the sun, you can get brown staining on the skin called chlosma patches - make sure you wear a sun cream with spf 15 minimum to help prevent this.

3) Put a small amount of vaselene on eyelashes before bed - it makes lashes flexible, lush and grow longer.

Boo x

Back