Making Packs at work ! !

ArmsOfAnAngel

First day so I have questions in my head now....

How do we all go on making packs at work? Or do you just not eat in the day...... I had to use the hand blender to get the lumps out of the vanilla one this morning, do the soups have less/no lumps in when you make them up?

O/H has just had a cheese toastie for lunch and smells nice, but I just keep picturing the me I want to be....

I think instead of college work I am going to curl up on the sofa with a couple of films today.

I'm from the lighterlife board, but I saw your thread and thought I would gatecrash as I consider myself an expert 'pack mixer' at work lol!

I work in a van, so I don't even have a kettle at work, which is why I have tried so hard to perfect the art!

Invest in a small whisk that fits in a mug (you sometimes get them with coffee making or hot choc gift sets, but you can buy them on their own too)

Put the powder in a cup, add a little COLD water and mix with your tiny whisk, if its still gloopy and stuck to the whisk add a little more water, you should end up with a smooth, thick but slightly runny paste. Then add a little hot water (in my case from a flask) whisk, add a little more hot, keep whisking and adding hot until its done.

It sounds like it takes ages but really once you get the feel of how much cold water to add at the start, its easy. i have my soup made in less than a minute usually.

Taking a flask to work for me is great, as I take my tea bags, and some water flavouring too. So I have my soup, and if I want I can have some yummy hot flavoured water too!

Although I have said to add the powder to the cup first, these are the only circumstances I would recommend it. Whenever I am making a soup or shake at home, I always add the water first, then the pack then use a hand blender, its widely recognised as the easiest and quickest way to make a pack!

Best of luck to you on your journey, and remember if you struggle a little the first days are the worst, after that it gets easier!

Mags
xxx

I have to take my blender im afraid as I cant stomach the packs if not whisked properly. I know ebay has some battery powered ones at reasonable price that would possibly make things a bit easier! Good luck on your weight loss journey sarahxx.

A little bit of practise goes a long way, I never have lumps in mine at work, even though I am just using my wee whisk!

Mags
xxx

I just take a bar to work. I have my own office so I could tae a blender in but I couldn't be botered with all that. I also don't like the drinks unless they are served with ice!
I read about the Hinari genie blender on this site - that looks like it would be quite portable.

I'm from the lighterlife board, but I saw your thread and thought I would gatecrash as I consider myself an expert 'pack mixer' at work lol!

I work in a van, so I don't even have a kettle at work, which is why I have tried so hard to perfect the art!

Invest in a small whisk that fits in a mug (you sometimes get them with coffee making or hot choc gift sets, but you can buy them on their own too)

Put the powder in a cup, add a little COLD water and mix with your tiny whisk, if its still gloopy and stuck to the whisk add a little more water, you should end up with a smooth, thick but slightly runny paste. Then add a little hot water (in my case from a flask) whisk, add a little more hot, keep whisking and adding hot until its done.

It sounds like it takes ages but really once you get the feel of how much cold water to add at the start, its easy. i have my soup made in less than a minute usually.

Taking a flask to work for me is great, as I take my tea bags, and some water flavouring too. So I have my soup, and if I want I can have some yummy hot flavoured water too!

Although I have said to add the powder to the cup first, these are the only circumstances I would recommend it. Whenever I am making a soup or shake at home, I always add the water first, then the pack then use a hand blender, its widely recognised as the easiest and quickest way to make a pack!

Best of luck to you on your journey, and remember if you struggle a little the first days are the worst, after that it gets easier!

Mags
xxx

I work in a food shop, we have a blender there but I find it easier just to make the soups up like this in a mug.

Cheap hand blender for work, I kept mine is the staff area for 4 months and just made it then.

debating on just having one for at 6:45 before I go work, then none till 5:20-5:30ish when I get home, but take one just in case I feel the urge....

I have drunk about 6 pints of water and I can feel it sloshing :sigh:

What is a magic bullet?

I empty the sachets into my Lock'n'lock Shaker (Item C in the picture) the night before then take them to work. These have been the key to me succeeding with this diet.

10368_10337_10340_2377_large.jpg

Magic bullet, is a mixer of types, off the shopping channel...

The containers you have a photo of above... where do you get (C) from?

Back