Green Day Making Pasta?

vlp

I'm quite a keen cook and I really want to try making pasta, mostly so I can do home-made ravioli as I'm sure I can do a better, tastier and healthier job than the supermarket! BUT if I buy dry pasta it's free but if I use flour to make pasta aren't I expected to syn the flour? Does it not have syns if I use it to make virtuous pasta rather than naughty cakes?! Does anyone make pasta? Do you syn it or assume it doesn't matter who makes it!

Fresh pasta is synned anyway so you're caught either way :(

Really? I wonder why. Does the supermarket stuff have oil in it generally? I thought this would be a bonus of homemade; just egg, flour, water no oil or preservatives. Wow....I am finding these rules odd and hard to follow! Is it a Slimming World ploy to change the rules every year so you have to keep buying new books??!! Looks like I'm stuck to the canelloni recipes (pleeeese don't ell me they've banned canneloni too?!)

So.....I've been thinking. Would it work if i soaked some lasagne sheets and used them to make my own ravioli? Would the sheets stick? Anyone tried it?

Hy

Havent tried it but sounds like I would work I mean the sheets do stick when wet

The reason ur not allowed fresh pasta is because the use cream to make it as per my c

Hope tht helps

Just looking at thefresh stuff and the Tesco ones not bad syn-wise:

Egg Lasagne Sheets, 250g pack, chilled, 100g 2 - so 4.5 syns a pack
Italian Free Range Egg Lasagne Sheets, 6 pack, chilled, each 1

not looked at other brands.

Back