Making the chicken soup

ToxicKiss

Hey everyone sorry if this question has been answered I tried a search for it but came back with nothing, how do you make up the chicken soup, my shaker is not suitable for hot liquids and I don't own a blender :confused:

I use an electric chopper, but others have used a pan/hob........so, not sure what to suggest to be honest as I have a method using around 400ml or more with hot water, whizzing it up and then micro'ing it for 40 secs or so...

Do you have a smoothie maker by any chance? That might do?

Or a whisk....

Dont attempt the shaker as it explodes.

Hope someone else can help you.

do you have a hand whisk and a measuring jug or a big bowl? would take some whisking manually but it ccould be done. even a fork.

I'd definitely recommend getting a cheap hand blender - mine was £5 from argos and has been invaluable.

Definitely don't use the shaker it will go everywhere!!

hmmm, could i make it up cold and then heat it in a pan or stick it in the microwave or would that suck out all the nutrients

heating it on the hob would prob be better than microwave.

Or you could mix up into a paste with some cold water, getting all the lumps out and then add the hot water on top, stirring well.

I was told NOT to use the microwave as that nukes the nutrients in the soup/shakes?

i was told the same as irish mum - microwaves zap all the goodness out!! i'd invest in a hand blender thing, i think mine was a bout £5 from tesco. it'll come in handy when you're eating again too - you could use it to make homemade soups and stuff! or smoothies. yum xxx

Back