Making the Commitment to your Diet Plan

Discussion in 'Rosemary Conley' started by Cute'n'Quirky, 29 August 2007 Social URL.

1. Cute'n'Quirky

Cute'n'Quirky Banned

In order to be a success at any diet you need to make a commitment to your Plan, to get your mind in the right place for you to succeed.

The most important point is making that commitment to your Plan.

Make a list of the reasons you want to lose weight. Look at it every day to remind yourself of why you are doing this.

Know that you are not 'depriving' yourself of anything. The thoughts of 'not being able to have x,y,z' is very often what will make people fall off the wagon. Instead, think of it as 'I am CHOOSING' not to have chocolate, beefburgers, biscuits, or whatever, so that I stick to my diet plan and achieve the results that you want.

Do some visualisation - see yourself in your mind's eye looking in a full length mirror as you really truly want to be - see yourself trying on different outfits, see yourself from all angles. This exercise of visualisation really does help with your motivation and your desire to succeed. Do this every day, twice a day preferably, once as soon as you awaken in the morning and again during the day if you feel your resolve is slipping. Look through the internet or catalogues and see an outfit you really like and see yourself in that outfit and looking spectacular.

Wishing you well on your journey
    Last edited by a moderator: 31 August 2007
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.