Making the switch from sw?

I used to be a sw'er and I got to target in 26 weeks by losing 40lbs however stupidly I piled it all back on again quite quickly. I joined ww 4 weeks ago this Thursday and I have to say that I am really enjoying it. I thought that It might be quite hard to get my head around at first as you do have to weigh things however you soon get used to it. I love the flexibility of ww and I don't know if i would ever switch back now. There are sooooo many yummy things to eat like crumpets, bagels and white bread that you could have eaten on SW however it would have made a serious dent in your syn allowance

I guess it comes down to personal preference however, I love WW! :D

BeckyT said:
I used to be a sw'er and I got to target in 26 weeks by losing 40lbs however stupidly I piled it all back on again quite quickly. I joined ww 4 weeks ago this Thursday and I have to say that I am really enjoying it. I thought that It might be quite hard to get my head around at first as you do have to weigh things however you soon get used to it. I love the flexibility of ww and I don't know if i would ever switch back now. There are sooooo many yummy things to eat like crumpets, bagels and white bread that you could have eaten on SW however it would have made a serious dent in your syn allowance

Fab! I have also lost 43lbs on Sw and making the switch as I've plateaued now and can't get the scales moving! How much have u lost in the 4 weeks? x

Fab! I have also lost 43lbs on Sw and making the switch as I've plateaued now and can't get the scales moving! How much have u lost in the 4 weeks? x

My fourth WI isnt until Thursday evening however I have lost 7lbs in 3 weeks....

When I did SW I lost 11lbs in my first 3 weeks however I much prefer what I am eating on ww so just as long as my weight loss doesn't stop I'll be happy to keep losing each week (although I do want ALL of the weight back off NOW, but that's just me being impatient!!)

One thing i will say about WW is that it has taught me a lot about portion control and I have found that I am eating a lot less now x

BeckyT said:

That's what I missed the most... And sometimes I just got so fed up with cooking from scratch everyday...well done on your weight loss x

sookie said:
That's what I missed the most... And sometimes I just got so fed up with cooking from scratch everyday...well done on your weight loss x

Yeah I know what you mean! I've tendered to have things on ww that I can defo point like pre prepared meals, fish, chicken etc however I do miss making my own chill and cottage pie however I would have to guestimate the pp's as you wouldn't be able to weigh them properly once everything was cooked and made into a meal. Maybe I'll relax a little bit once I get into it and shift some more weight! x

Just been shopping so nice to put crumpets and other stuff in trolley... That would have been to high syned with sw x

sookie said:
Just been shopping so nice to put crumpets and other stuff in trolley... That would have been to high syned with sw x

It's great isn't it!!!!! Enjoy every mouthful! x

I made the switch & haven't looked back! So much more freedom & so much easier to fit into life. Plus it actually is a life style change, because it doesn't feel like a diet :)

Charli XxX

I have just download an app to phone that scans food items.. So much easier now to keep track x

can i buddy up with u guys?? i have no support network at all for doing ww and i think it would help?

mrss2010 said:
can i buddy up with u guys?? i have no support network at all for doing ww and i think it would help?

Welcome aboard! I do go to group but I haven't made one single friend In the 4 times that I've been. It's strange for me as I used to have tones of friends at SW but I think it's because they were a similar age range

Anyway, there are lots of lovely people on here :)

what is the app that scans please? I have the WW App on my iphone already but dont think it scans

I was at SW earlier this year; I promised my friend I'd do it for 6 weeks with her and if I didn't like it, I would go back to WW. Well, I hated SW. I only lost 9lbs in 6 weeks. It clearly works, that is a fact as there are some amazing losses but it just didn't suit me mentally or my lifestyle. I live on my own and I found I wasted so much food. I LOVE WW!! It's so flexible and I can buy my ready meals, have ANYTHING I want in moderation and I'm never hungry because of the free fruit. In fact, I had Salmon en Croute from M & S on Sunday; it's 17PP but I had free soup and fruit the whole day because I wanted something as a real treat! I could never have had that on SW.

It really is horses for courses as to what diet anyone follows as we are all different so people just have to find what works for them. I just hated having to cook everything from scratch, listening to some weird and wonderful recipes dreamt up by members such as Smash pizza or couscous pancakes and I hated the class. I will stress this is only my opinion and I fully acknowledge a lot of people love SW. We are all in the same boat, regardless of what diet we are following so I would just say good luck to every fellow dieter!!

P.S. I'm 2lbs away from 3st loss then I'm half way there to getting to target!! I haven't found it hard or arduous as I'm constantly thinking what I CAN have to eat, not what I CAN'T!! Good luck all-we are in it together!!xxxx

Tayberry said:
I was at SW earlier this year; I promised my friend I'd do it for 6 weeks with her and if I didn't like it, I would go back to WW. Well, I hated SW. I only lost 9lbs in 6 weeks. It clearly works, that is a fact as there are some amazing losses but it just didn't suit me mentally or my lifestyle. I live on my own and I found I wasted so much food. I LOVE WW!! It's so flexible and I can buy my ready meals, have ANYTHING I want in moderation and I'm never hungry because of the free fruit. In fact, I had Salmon en Croute from M & S on Sunday; it's 17PP but I had free soup and fruit the whole day because I wanted something as a real treat! I could never have had that on SW.

It really is horses for courses as to what diet anyone follows as we are all different so people just have to find what works for them. I just hated having to cook everything from scratch, listening to some weird and wonderful recipes dreamt up by members such as Smash pizza or couscous pancakes and I hated the class. I will stress this is only my opinion and I fully acknowledge a lot of people love SW. We are all in the same boat, regardless of what diet we are following so I would just say good luck to every fellow dieter!!

P.S. I'm 2lbs away from 3st loss then I'm half way there to getting to target!! I haven't found it hard or arduous as I'm constantly thinking what I CAN have to eat, not what I CAN'T!! Good luck all-we are in it together!!xxxx

Like u say we r all different, I LOVE Sw but my losses have stopped, I think it's due to me still eating the same size portions as I was 3 stone heavier, that's why I decided to give ww a go, to teach me portion control and hopefully get my last 2 stone off!

Day one yesterday was fab, I think I may have ha too much bread tho as I had a bagel for breakfast and then 2 slices bread for lunch! After ages if having my bread restricted I was in heaven!!!

mrss2010 said:
Like u say we r all different, I LOVE Sw but my losses have stopped, I think it's due to me still eating the same size portions as I was 3 stone heavier, that's why I decided to give ww a go, to teach me portion control and hopefully get my last 2 stone off!

Day one yesterday was fab, I think I may have ha too much bread tho as I had a bagel for breakfast and then 2 slices bread for lunch! After ages if having my bread restricted I was in heaven!!!

It's great isn't it!!! Crumpets are also 2pp each!! The asda ones you can have 2 for 4pp and the ww spread 0pp for 2-3 teaspoons... Now that really does feel naughty when you are used to following SW! x

ROSB said:
what is the app that scans please? I have the WW App on my iphone already but dont think it scans

Ultimate value diary £1.99... It's really good x

Back