Making up shakes and soup

Starlight

Gold Member
What would you recommend for making up the shakes etc. I have a wee bullet blender I was wondering if that would work for at home but what do you use if youre needing to make them up on the go??

I know, I know, Im just all questions at the moment :eek:

Starlight I work fomr home so I don't think I will be in your position regarding work etc

But at home I have used my smoothie maker ( had it for about 6 years lol) and it whips the shakes up to perfection. I always add ice as cannot bear them warm plus I guess it counts as more liquid.

For the soups I have only had two so far the first one I had in a bowl and just added the boiling water and even with a small whisk and then a balloon whisk I struggled to get all the lumps out. Next time I added a small amount of warm water to the soup powder mixed it into a runny paste and then whisked in the water from the kettle, still a few lumpy bits but not as bad as first try.

Your bullet mixer sounds perfect for the shakes, don't think you can put hot stuff in them though, what about one of those little milk frothing whisks for when you are at work or I have read some people use the shakers whilst out and about.

Are you getting excited about starting? I am on day 4 still can't believe it, woke up this morning no headache and no hunger, quite thirsty though.

Will WI Thursday morning, tempted to get on the scales but trying my hardest to resist!!!

Wendy x

Hi Starlight & HoneyKiss

When I used to go out to work - now work from home - I used to use one of the coffee frothers for my shakes and soups, when my batteries used to go flat, I used to use a slimfast bottle put the water in and then the mix and shake like mad for a couple of mins :)
I always used to have a shake for lunch when I was working
While I am at home, I just use my hand blender as it pretty easy to wash up, always have a shake in the morning, cut my bar in two have one half mid afternoon, have a soup when I finally finish work on line , and then have the other half of my bar while watching BB and having a cup of tea at night

Honey kiss you are just behind me, I think lol I started ketosis last night as I have a bit of a dull headache and a bit of a metal taste in my mouth and I am thirsty to, but dont feel hungry at the minute, I will have my fingers crossed for Thursday for you

K
xx

Back