making your own scan bran???

judywoody

I don't go to the groups and I find it a pain to go to h&b all the time as it is in the city centre...so I looked up the ingredients of scan bran!

One scan bran weighs 20grams and just contains 85% unprocessed wheat bran, 14.7 % rye flour,salt and water. All ingredients that can be bought in health shops or the supermarket...and all you have to do is stick it in the oven...i think i'm gonna give it a try and see what I come up with:)

Also, it will be a lot cheaper!!!

Presumably then you have the ingredients for making some of the scan bran recipes, without actually first baking and then soaking the scan bran - or am I being too optimistic here? Let us know how you get on! :)

im going to watch this topic with interest. Iv herd rave reports about scan bran and it aiding in weight loss, but like you, I dont go to group so cannot buy any.

It will be interesting to know the results of this and also maybe if it does work, if it actualy makes a differance to your weight loss

Well I am definitely more regular since I'be been eating it and I also use it in my porridge - It makes you feel a lot fuller (sometimes even stuffed...)
So yes, it helps!

I have rye flour in my cupboard but no wheat bran at the moment. I will get it next week and see what happens :) Will keep you updated!

Ive been to Holland and Barrett today and they are on offer at buy one and get one half price so i think it works out about £2.05 for 2 packs which is good .... Ive recently started to eat these soaked for breakfast with fruit and milk on top .... very filling and definately helping in the loo dept!!! So i will definately be interested to see if u can make them ... keep us posted on how it goes xxxxx

Would the ones you mention from Holland & Barret still be syn free as an hexb and if so, how many do you get for your hex

The ones from Holland & Barrett are the same ones you can get in class. Yes, they are a HEX B and you can have 5.

Thanks judywoody

Never used scan bran yet do they taste like ryvita?

I don't like it either but I love to make them into a cake :)

Back