Mal-ware / spy-bot programmes

fillymum

synful soul
I know I have asked this before, but I can not find the answers anywhere.

I have AVG 2011 ( the paying one ) on a months trial. I have always had the free one so thought I would give this one a go as have always been happy with them.

However I would like a free programme just for bots etc as my laptop and my desk top have really slowed down. The desk top infuriatingly so.

I keep downloading so called free ones only to discover that they clear a limit number of problems and then you have to pay for them to remove the rest.

I also use Eusing Free Registry Cleaner, and am happy with it. It is FREE and it does a good job.

Thanks in anticipation of all your help

hugs xx

I have Spybot Search & Distroy on my laptop which is free seems ok but im not up on these things, but (touch wood) i've not had any problems on my computer.

hth x

Any chance you can post a link here for me please. I have downloaded 3 more today and each time they are not free even though they say they are.

Thanks.

we have really gone off avg and have started using avira antivir personal and have had absolutely no probs

I also removed AVG from my machines as recommended. The Windows Defender Suite is free (assuming you use Windows 7 - not sure about XP, Vista etc.)

I also run Super Anti Spyware to get rid of stuff (run it every week or two)

There is an excellent site called freepchelp where you get loads of good info on a helpful forum.

Spy bot Search & Destroy is the best one to use.... techie hubby put me onto it and even his company ...which is a massive global one use it....

I was also recommended Spybot Search and Destroy by a techie. I'm on paid AVG 2011 and have no problems with it, including a transfer between machines.

We use Avira as well here!

Back