Male VLCD

zee1988

Does anyone know how many calories are consumed on the 5 packs a day plan?
Just in the middle of research of meal replacement plans.

between 675 and 775 calories a day depending on which packs you use. http://www.slimandsave.co.uk/vlcd-nutritional-information.html

After trying Cambridge and Slim n Save, I much prefer Slim n Save, the products are much more enjoyable, therefore it's far easier to stick too and not feel you are missing out.
Which other VLCD's are you considering?

Last edited by a moderator:
Up until the last day or so I only knew of 3. (Diet Chef, Weight to Go and Lighter life)
So far I have tried a sample of the Weight to Go shakes which I wasnt impressed by but I like the idea of the shakes in general.

The Slim n Save looks like its got a better range of food but I feel 675-775kcal a day is a bit low. I am very worried about loose skin so I dont want too loose too much weight too quickly.

The whole point of a VCLD is that its Very Low Calorie. By definition anything under 800kcals is VLCD. As many people get loose skin on diets like WW/SW as do on a VLCD so dont let that put you off.

I lost 9 stone on LL/SnS and reached goal last July. Although I have some lose skin it is definitely tightening up. This may have been helped by me starting to exercise heavily once I reached goal so I've added a lot of muscle. I kept my skin well moisturised throughout the diet (and still continue now) so that may have helped too.

S&S has the best selection Ive seen so far (ive done LL, CD, Exante) and its more flexible than some and cheaper.
I would add more protein and veg to your day if you're concerned about the calories being too low, but it best to start off low then gradually add more.
Cambridge have a few programmes too, so if you needed more guidance then they would be a better option. Saying that S&S offer great online support from their website

Back