Malteaster's New Start

I have lost my way a bit over the last couple of weeks, and I feel I have gained a bit but I am not getting on the scale until Wednesday (my normal weigh day). I am starting again with eating low GI food as much as possible, eating healthily, and watching portion size again.

My main problem is increasing my protein levels, after years of filling up on carbs.

It can be a real challenge to make that shift away from large carb portions. So many foods I used to eat were carb-heavy - big bowls of pasta, stir-fries with lots of noodles or rice, always having toast with soup, etc. It took a real mindset shift that I could enjoy pasta, for example, as a small side dish to my main meal components of protein and lots of veg. But after awhile it does come to seem normal - you will get there! Irish Molly's very good advice is to fill 1/2 your plate with vegetables, 1/4 with protein and 1/4 with your low GI carb. Good luck, look forward to reading your updates.

Likewise, I was a mega carb lover. It is so worth it to embrace a low GL approach. In no time at all you will lose the taste for heavy white carbs and you will feel the positive benefits of good skin, energy boost and the pounds shifting. Best of all, you'll rarely feel deprived if your choosing the right foods/combinations.
Keep at it. It will pay off .

I have now completed almost three days of being back on plan, and it is getting easier.

Yayyyyy to getting through the first few days. Well done.

Hi Malteaster and welcome to the low GL forums! This is a good place to help motivate staying on track. I've been away for two months (vacation), and now it's time for me to kick in high gear too. We can do this!

What a difference a day makes. I had been eating well for the past week, and doing some exercise so I was a bit disappointed that I hadn't lost any weight when I weighed myself yesterday.

I decided to nip on the scales this morning and I am 2lb lighter. I am going to weigh myself every day for the next week so I can see how much my weight varies day to day. It does make me realise how pointless it was getting upset because the scales hadn't moved at WW.

Congratulations on the weightloss! Before my scale broke, I weighed myself daily. It's amazing how much the scale jumps up and down everyday. Plum, Ashie and I sometimes get hit with the weigh in day curse, where on weigh in day the scale is naughty to us >_<.

Well done on the loss and keep up your good work.

Back