Total Solution MAMADEN'S DIARY

mamaden

So, first day...... Started off with a cold glass of water & a vanilla shake. It was actually quite nice. :eek:
Arrived at work & filled up my 33cl bottle with water (I know thats small but it's a psychological thing as will become apparent later in the post.)
Done myself a little chart with 12 numbers on it & decided to mark off a number everytime I finish a bottle. (12 bottles = 4 litres).
Started work with my black coffee by my side & totally ignored the colleague going round taking breakfast orders from the cafe.:rolleyes:
Reached for my water & found that I could gulp the bottle down quite nicely in 2-3 swigs which for me (I hate water) is pretty impressive. Anyway, first one down so up I got & walked over to the water bottle & filled up my little bottle again. (I actually managed 9 of those bottles which is 3 litres).
Around about 2pm I had a chocolate shake, I wasn't hungry but I thought I better have it otherwise it would soon be teatime. That was nice too.
The rest of the day was fine apart from a headache driving home but that was gone by the time I got home.
Banana shake for dinner then some more water. Not going to exercise until I have got used to it as I am feeling a bit weak so I am going to have a shower & an early night.
Heres to the new me. I really think I'm gonna do it this time.
I'll be back during the week with some more updates. xx

Whoooohoooooo. Well done you. You are doing really well with the water.

Belle

well done and this site is gonna make it so much easier as when you feel he need you can always drop in and feel part of a group rather than the only one on a journey. good luck and keep it up xx

Thanks guys.
Didn't get my early night, but been chatting on the phone so no time to even think about food. xx

Well done Mamaden - you've coped really well on your first day. The first few days can be challenging but it does get easier. You've done great with the water too, it really does make a massive difference to how you feel. I've not drank enough a couple of days and felt a bit iffy but fine when I get some water in. The constant loo trips are a bit tiresome but that does ease off somewhat after a few days. Good luck for another good day tomorrow x

Day 2 is going well.
Porridge for breakfast (although I found the 200ml recommended was too runny).
Chocolate shake for lunch & at the moment I am on my 3rd litre of water so I think I'm set to break yesterdays water drinking record. :D
I actually feel happier in myself too, not sure what that's about but I'll see how it goes. :p
I'm not hungry & have had no headaches today.
I also replaced my morning black coffee with a green tea. Yay go me. :bliss:
I will return on my quest to find the skinny me........

Sounds like the skinny you is coming to get ya! :) Well done for getting on it so wholeheartedly - it will see you through to success x

Day 3...... Made porridge with 150ml water today & it was much nicer. Yummy in fact.
Banana shake for lunch which is lovely too.
Still managing the water intake & have had 3 litres today already.
Think Ketosis is here cos I am freezing cold & tired.:confused: But I have a child free night tonight & nothing planned so I'm going home to have a shake, shower & early night.
I'm almost halfway through the first week & I know if I get through this the rest of my Exante time will be a doddle.
Can't wait until I weigh in Monday & I'm fighting the urge not to have a sneaky weigh in before then....;)
Until next time.......... x

The coldness doesn't last too long after the first few days, just comes and goes occasionally. Well done for getting this far. Like you said once you're through the first week it is pretty easy. Just be very careful to never have any carb cheats as that will make you feel hungry. The main thing after the initial getting into it is that it can get a bit boring, but the quick results are definitely worth a bit of food boredom I reckon :) Look forward to seeing how well your weigh in goes...

Day 4 in the Big Blubber house. :D
Well it's that good old TOTM which has restricted my water drinking cos I feel so bloated, had 9 of my bottles though so 3 litres isn't too bad.
Not feeling hungry at all & actually had my lunch shake at 2:45 as I just wasn't hungry. (Had porridge at 07:00am).
I'm feeling 100% positive & with the help & support of my 2 gorgeous girls, my son-in-law & the people on this site I actually think I'm gonna do it this time. :)

You will do it :) When's your weigh in? Typical that TOTM has come along to make it less than it would be - but at least you should get a bigger drop than otherwise next week :) x

My first weigh in is on Monday & even with it being TOTM I am still quite excited.
My boss asked me this morning if I'm losing weight, can it really show after day 4??

Yep. My stomach reduced significantly in size in the first week and i lost all the water that was retained so...

You are clearly made for this diet. You are doing everything right. Its gonna be good on Monday!!!! I weigh in on Monday too and it makes it easier to get through the temptations of the weekend.

Belle

The tummy definitely flattens out the first week - all that water lost with the endless trips to the loo I reckon :) So we all weigh on Monday - like you Belle, I find that knowing I have weigh in Monday stops weekend temptation ;)
Look forward to seeing how you both do on Monday ...

I'm planning to sort out all my drawers/wardrobe over the weekend, if the weather holds I'll cut the grass & then if I have any time left I'll wash the car.
I've come too far now to think about being bored & craving food.
Good luck to you both on Monday too.

I agree - it's best to keep busy :) My daughter is making me dinner for Mothers day but just meat and veg so I'll stay in ketosis and be straight back to shakes Monday :)

Well so far so good on day 6.
Had a vanilla shake for breakfast & am going to have my lunch shake in a few minutes.
I went to work this morning & drank 10 of my small bottles of water & funny enough I didn't even pine when all around me were eating their bacon rolls.
I'm home now so keeping busy doing housework stuff then tomorrow I'll be sorting out my drawers & wardrobe.
Then Monday is weigh in day & I've completed the first week. :D

Back