Mama's Meals

Lovely recipes thanks for posting x

Can you please come and live with me. your food looks delicious.
could i please have the recipe for the pork fried rice

x

tara40 said:
Can you please come and live with me. your food looks delicious.
could i please have the recipe for the pork fried rice

x

If you'll look after my kid, I'll do the cooking! Deal?

Ok, roast pork fried rice

Cook some rice and leave to cool.

What I do is buy a large joint of pork (or u could use a small tenderloin). Season it with salt, pepper, garlic, soy sauce and a touch of vinegar (any will do). Leave to marinade as long as you can (max 14hrs).

Wrap in foil and roast as per instructions on pack, removing foil at the end. Cool, slice and cut into pieces.

I then fry some onions, garlic and Ginger (if I have it), add the chopped pork, chillies (fresh or dried) and fry. Then add any other veg I want. Then add soy sauce (or ketchup manis - sweet soy sauce, don't know syns but it's delicious) and add in the cooled rice. Stir (lid off) and cook through. Done!

If it's a meal that you find u love then its worth cooking a joint and then you can freeze batches of the chopped pork, bag it and pull it out when you fancy. You can cook the pork from frozen so don't have to defrost it. The same with the rice also. I cook large pots and then bag and freeze. You can then use the rice from frozen. This means that you can satisfy a craving for chinese in about 20mins.

Happy cooking!! X

Jamaican curry chicken, black eyed peas, spinach and rice

Attachments

• image-2889313035.jpg
    image-2889313035.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 473
Today's lunch

Jamaican Saturday Soup (I know, it's Friday!).

Attachments

• image-794782048.jpg
    image-794782048.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 538
I'm not stalking your food diary honest !!!!
But ur food looks very tasty,and could you post the recipe for your eat on a Friday saturday soup please :)

Dinner - jerk chicken, chips and salad

Attachments

• image-472088463.jpg
    image-472088463.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 560
Tracy831 said:
I'm not stalking your food diary honest !!!!
But ur food looks very tasty,and could you post the recipe for your eat on a Friday saturday soup please :)

Hi Tracy!
Lol... I don't feel stalked. Thanks for enjoying :)

Now I don't do recipes per se but think cooking is about tasting constantly until you like the flavour. Thats why I don't give measurements etc. This made enough soup for about 3-4 people.

Ok, this has quite a few ingredients but is still quick and worth the effort.

Fresh Thyme
black pepper
Cayenne (great weight loss aid)
dried coriander
Cumin
Allspice
Tumeric
Pimento seeds (not essential but it gives a nice authentic flavour)
1 scotch bonnet pepper (pref green but any colour is fine)

Chop your veg into bite sized pieces. I used the following but you use whatever you like:-

Yam (or potato)
Cho cho (or carrots)
Mini corn on the cob (or tinned)
Squash (or pumpkin)
Spring onions
Okra/ ladies fingers (syns I think)

boil a full kettle and add to a large pot
Add stock cubes (1 at a time)
Add the following spices a little at a time and keep on tasting until you like it. Add cayenne, turmeric, dried coriander, cumin, allspice and simmer for 2 mins (taste broth for seasoning and adjust)

Add some chicken pieces (leg or thigh, pref on the bone) and corn on the cob
Simmer for 5 mins

Add your other vegetables and simmer for 5 mins

Add 1 un-cut whole scotch bonnet pepper (do not cut or burst it, remove at the end!)

Add 5-7 pimento seeds (optional) and 6-7 large sprigs of fresh thyme (essential)
Simmer for another 10-15 mins until veg and chicken is cooked. Taste for seasoning.

Hunt for the squash/pumpkin pieces and mash with the back of a spoon. This thickens the soup.

Then, this is my little optional twist...add a handful of gnocchi (for 2 mins)! These are my lazy version of dumplings (or spinners as jamaicans call them). They count as syns so are optional.

A nice, filling winter warmer...enjoy

Yams...

With yams, if ur buying a big piece then get them to cut both ends and inspect. There's no guarantee it will be perfect inside but at least you've tried.

When cutting it, cut it into pieces say two finger width. Then peel. Cut each round in half, then half, then half again; that should be perfect for saturday soup. Once cut put into cold water to stop it going black

See further down for advice on okra picking x

Last edited:
mama_mia said:
Hi Tracy!
Lol... I don't feel stalked. Thanks for enjoying :)

Now I don't do recipes per se but think cooking is about tasting constantly until you like the flavour. Thats why I don't give measurements etc. This made enough soup for about 3-4 people.

Ok, this has quite a few ingredients but is still quick and worth the effort.

Fresh Thyme
black pepper
Cayenne (great weight loss aid)
dried coriander
Cumin
Allspice
Tumeric
Pimento seeds (not essential but it gives a nice authentic flavour)
1 scotch bonnet pepper (pref green but any colour is fine)

Chop your veg into bite sized pieces. I used the following but you use whatever you like:-

Yam (or potato)
Cho cho (or carrots)
Mini corn on the cob (or tinned)
Squash (or pumpkin)
Spring onions
Okra/ ladies fingers (syns I think)

boil a full kettle and add to a large pot
Add stock cubes (1 at a time)
Add the following spices a little at a time and keep on tasting until you like it. Add cayenne, turmeric, dried coriander, cumin, allspice and simmer for 2 mins (taste broth for seasoning and adjust)

Add some chicken pieces (leg or thigh, pref on the bone) and corn on the cob
Simmer for 5 mins

Add your other vegetables and simmer for 5 mins

Add 1 un-cut whole scotch bonnet pepper (do not cut or burst it, remove at the end!)

Add 5-7 pimento seeds (optional) and 6-7 large sprigs of fresh thyme (essential)
Simmer for another 10-15 mins until veg and chicken is cooked. Taste for seasoning.

Hunt for the squash/pumpkin pieces and mash with the back of a spoon. This thickens the soup.

Then, this is my little optional twist...add a handful of gnocchi (for 2 mins)! These are my lazy version of dumplings (or spinners as jamaicans call them). They count as syns so are optional.

A nice, filling winter warmer...enjoy

Sounds yummy! Okra is superfree, speed, and calcium :)

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

Nigerian yam and tuna

Attachments

• image-1469301656.jpg
    image-1469301656.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 451
Back