image-1093733450.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 453
Salmon in a tomato, chilli and caper sauce with sauteed potatoes and veg

Attachments

• image-2053080887.jpg
    image-2053080887.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 388
That soup looks delicious, I'm so gonna try it:D

Can I be silly and ask what does okra taste of?? I've never had it.

xx

evilpenguin said:
That soup looks delicious, I'm so gonna try it:D

Can I be silly and ask what does okra taste of?? I've never had it.

xx

Thanks evilpenguin (love the name!)

Okra is unlike anything else really. It's kind of watery, crunchy and irony. I'm making it sounds awful but it's lovely. Although it's one of those things that people either love or hate. Go for it!!!

I think I'll need to try it, it sounds like broccoli a bit. If I didn't like it I could just pick it out of the soup yeah?:)

evilpenguin said:
I think I'll need to try it, it sounds like broccoli a bit. If I didn't like it I could just pick it out of the soup yeah?:)

Defo!

Melt in the middle burgers

Attachments

• image-2628627213.jpg
    image-2628627213.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 400
And a little tipple...

Attachments

• image-324768660.jpg
    image-324768660.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 349
If you'll look after my kid, I'll do the cooking! Deal?

If that is your daughter in your avatar then deal, she is gorgeous. I have three boys so another child would just slot in nicely and i am sure that she would keep them in check. LOL

tara40 said:
If that is your daughter in your avatar then deal, she is gorgeous. I have three boys so another child would just slot in nicely and i am sure that she would keep them in check. LOL

Yes, that is Miss Mia. Thank you. She is gorgeous but, being a mini me, she is a blummin handful!

3 boys, supermama!

LOL... if you do my cleaning then you can have her!

So, for the record, thats cleaning and childcare covered for at least 16yrs, right!

Let me know what you want for dinner babes...

Have been asked some info about jerk so here goes...

You can get nice dry jerk seasoning that isn't as lethal as a homemade or shop bought one. Check out a local Asian/indian store or tescos (but I'm in London!).

I've looked elsewhere on Minimins and it seems that the Dunns River wet jerk seasoning is free (although this is based on the ingredients list, not the nutritional info). I find it hotter than the walkerswood one so use sparingly!!!

If I buy the wet one from the shop I get walkerswood. You can get it in tescos, but really any wet jerk seasoning will do.

The walkerswood one does list sugar in the ingredients list but it is second to last so there shouldn't be a lot in it. You can make your own without though. I'd approximate the whole jar to be 4syns...

See pic

Attachments

• image-1672051349.jpg
    image-1672051349.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 296
Last edited:
Yes, that is Miss Mia. Thank you. She is gorgeous but, being a mini me, she is a blummin handful!

3 boys, supermama!

LOL... if you do my cleaning then you can have her!

So, for the record, thats cleaning and childcare covered for at least 16yrs, right!

Let me know what you want for dinner babes...

LOL. Showed her piccie to my hubby. Told him that's our new daughter.

Hope it didnt cause a domestic!! LOL

She'll be waiting on the doorstep with her hat and coat

MmmmWah x

Rice n Peas (Mama Stylee)

This is my quick, syn free version of rice n peas. Traditionally i would use dried peas but who has the time for that?!

This usually has coconut cream but my version doesnt as i want it to be syn free.

Rice (i use basmati, but you can use any)
Tinned Gungo peas (aka pidgeon peas - or you could use tinned red kidney beans)
Fresh Thyme
Garlic (finely chopped)
Scallion tops (aka spring onions), green parts
1 Scotch bonnet (a green one, un-cut!)
salt
black pepper
pimento seeds (optional)

open the peas and empty into a pan (inc. water)
add the following: -
Garlic
scallion tops
black pepper
salt (dont over do it though as there is salt from the tins)
fresh thyme (dried is fine too)
5-7 pimento seeds (optional)
1 green scotch bonnet pepper (ensure it is uncut, and fully in tact. If it has burst then dont use it!).

bring to a boil and simmer for 10 mins.
Taste and adjust seasoning accordingly.

Now, i cant cook rice. There, i admit it. I can do all sorts of fancy things but rice is a mystery to me. So, i use a rice cooker.

Let the pea mixture cool a little and add to some rice. Top up the rice and peas mixture with water to the point that you're happy. Now i use my thumb to measure and ensure that the water reaches just under half way betwen the first and second ridge on the inside of my thumb.

Cook the rice and use a fork to mix.

Done! :553:

(sorry that my rice method is not very scientific but i'm just carp at it!).:cry:

This keeps for 4 days in the fridge x

Last edited:
go for it then hon!!

Just add some in at the pea boiling stage... I'm not sure but coconut cream (block) may be lower than coconut cream and you can add less (but i dont think its the best quality product and isnt great for the old ticker!).

Also, have heard it suggested to use coconut essence.

I may give it a try and let you know how it goes...

Back