Mama's Meals

mama_mia

Silver Member
Just some photos of my dinners...

My fave food is Jamaican/ west Indian but I love variety and try to mix it up a bit. I am working on my Nigerian repertoire so will be posting soon.

I have added pictures but have been asked for recipes so please let me know if you want something specific and I'll try and post it. All recipes are made up so I don't necessarily give measurements; more approximates.

It's all about tasting as you go along and modifying until it works for you... enjoy x x

Melt in the middle burger, airfryer chips toms and cue

Attachments

• image-1994748851.jpg
    image-1994748851.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 1,193
Last edited:
Scotch eggs

Attachments

• image-973087031.jpg
    image-973087031.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 977
No-fry Southern fried chicken thighs

Attachments

• image-945166006.jpg
    image-945166006.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 1,264
Kebab 'smash' pizza

Attachments

• image-4089446663.jpg
    image-4089446663.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 1,172
Last edited:
Eggs, chips and beans

Attachments

• image-2660213294.jpg
    image-2660213294.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 958
Roast pork fried rice

Attachments

• image-4120214024.jpg
    image-4120214024.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 920
Kitty78 said:
Oooo these look lovely - how did you make them??

Thanks Kitty!

I Seasoned chicken thighs with salt, garlic powder and black pepper. Dipped in egg. Took 3tbsps of flour, seasoned with above plus some cayenne pepper (a great slimming aid) and put into a large food bag. Then added chicken 2 at a time and shook. Shook off excess flour.

Sprayed with frylight and cooked in a hot oven for about 20 mins.

I do a large batch and then freeze. I then eat them every time I get a craving for KFC

Thanks Kitty!

I Seasoned chicken thighs with salt, garlic powder and black pepper. Dipped in egg. Took 3tbsps of flour, seasoned with above plus some cayenne pepper (a great slimming aid) and put into a large food bag. Then added chicken 2 at a time and shook. Shook off excess flour.

Sprayed with frylight and cooked in a hot oven for about 20 mins.

I do a large batch and then freeze. I then eat them every time I get a craving for KFC

how many syns for a red day would this ???.. this sounds so simple to do ..

kissme said:
all you would need to do is to syn the flour on a red day

Basic, Flour, white, plain, 25g 4½ all plans

Bang on kissme. Just syn the flour. You don't need much flour so use sparingly. You cld also use cornflour if you'd prefer

Loopeylou said:
Seriously drooling.... Yum!!! Chicken will be on my list to try :) thanks xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks loopeylou. The skinless boneless thighs from sainsburys are the nicest. Very moist and better than using breast.

No fry southern fried chicken

If u want to use chicken on the bone then simmer (medium heat) the uncooked chicken in water with a stock cube added for about 10mins.
Remove and cool.
Egg.
Flour.
Shake.
Frylight.
Very hot oven (200-ish) for about 10-15mins.

Done!

Back