Man On A Mission!

Does anybody know if I can have whey protein shakes in SnS? I workout a fair bit and want to continue taking my protein shakes to build muscle.

EximiusAstrum said:
Does anybody know if I can have whey protein shakes in SnS? I workout a fair bit and want to continue taking my protein shakes to build muscle.

What brand is it? Even though they are protein shakes some are quite high in carbs and sugar,ill have a look if you tell me the brand,I can't see it hurting you too much,but its just trial and error I guess xx

What brand is it? Even though they are protein shakes some are quite high in carbs and sugar,ill have a look if you tell me the brand,I can't see it hurting you too much,but its just trial and error I guess xx

Atm it's Lonsdale strawberry whey protein but I'm happy to change to a better one. I won't take any for first few weeks of vlcd, but after I want to build muscle.

EximiusAstrum said:
Atm it's Lonsdale strawberry whey protein but I'm happy to change to a better one. I won't take any for first few weeks of vlcd, but after I want to build muscle.

it says 3grams of carbs and not much sugar either,which is the best I've ever seen,that's for 35g,if that matches the label on your tub then that sounds really good,calories though are quite high,so obviously you'd be defeating the object of a vlcd,my advice is that since you're on a ketogenic diet your body is eating away at your fat and muscle anyway,i think you should lose the weight,maintain for a little while then build muscle with more protein xx

it says 3grams of carbs and not much sugar either,which is the best I've ever seen,that's for 35g,if that matches the label on your tub then that sounds really good,calories though are quite high,so obviously you'd be defeating the object of a vlcd,my advice is that since you're on a ketogenic diet your body is eating away at your fat and muscle anyway,i think you should lose the weight,maintain for a little while then build muscle with more protein xx

That's different to what I have, ah well. I think I'll take your advice tbh, keep losing on the vlcd but also continue with my weight training and cardio. Then from refeed and maintain just increase protein and watch what I eat x

EximiusAstrum said:
That's different to what I have, ah well. I think I'll take your advice tbh, keep losing on the vlcd but also continue with my weight training and cardio. Then from refeed and maintain just increase protein and watch what I eat x

You can still be in ketosis and gain muscle while losing fat,I don't think you can on a vlcd though,so you could either up your protein and maybe try more of an atkins approach to dieting or carry on with this and start beefing when your at goal lol there's loads of articles on google about ketosis and the effect it has on muscles x

You can still be in ketosis and gain muscle while losing fat,I don't think you can on a vlcd though,so you could either up your protein and maybe try more of an atkins approach to dieting or carry on with this and start beefing when your at goal lol there's loads of articles on google about ketosis and the effect it has on muscles x

Ah thanks hun :) ill give it a look. I'm really enjoying this diet tbh and just ordered two weeks of stuff so ill definitely keep going until at goal.

EximiusAstrum said:
Ah thanks hun :) ill give it a look. I'm really enjoying this diet tbh and just ordered two weeks of stuff so ill definitely keep going until at goal.

Its great isn't it,can't believe I've managed 15 days! Just put my order in too! Keep it up you're doing great x

EximiusAstrum said:
Thank you - can I ask what you've lost in 15 days? X

Lost 8lbs in my first week and then 3lbs,which is huge for me compared to other diets,got 17 lb to go until goal but going to try and lose 21 as I'm guessing ill put a little on during maintenance x

Lost 8lbs in my first week and then 3lbs,which is huge for me compared to other diets,got 17 lb to go until goal but going to try and lose 21 as I'm guessing ill put a little on during maintenance x

Wow!! Congratulations :) sure you'll get to 21 easily! Have u noticed the difference physically? I.e. clothes fitting etc? X

EximiusAstrum said:
Wow!! Congratulations :) sure you'll get to 21 easily! Have u noticed the difference physically? I.e. clothes fitting etc? X

Thankyou :)
Yeah I've noticed,my collar bones are sticking out terrible now,it always goes from there first,and jeans are falling down lol I've noticed on this diet you can stay the same weight all week and overnight you drop a few lbs! How much are you hoping to lose?x

Thankyou :)
Yeah I've noticed,my collar bones are sticking out terrible now,it always goes from there first,and jeans are falling down lol I've noticed on this diet you can stay the same weight all week and overnight you drop a few lbs! How much are you hoping to lose?x

Yeh, I've done vlcd before and I found overnight I'd drop 3/4 lbs. I'm 14st 9lb now and is like to be 12.5 but the problem is I don't look fat or overweight and when I went to 12 before I got told I look ill. Just going to slim down till I'm comfortable and happy again :) x

Hello, welcome to SnS. Great loss so far. Have to say though, that as a bloke you should either be having 4 packs plus 100g protein or 5 packs, especially if you are working out. 4 packs on it's own just isn't enough and you could be losing lean muscle. Good luck on your journey.

Hello, welcome to SnS. Great loss so far. Have to say though, that as a bloke you should either be having 4 packs plus 100g protein or 5 packs, especially if you are working out. 4 packs on it's own just isn't enough and you could be losing lean muscle. Good luck on your journey.

Hi, I'm going to start adding in extra chicken breast from tomorrow. Thank you for your advice - much appreciated. I'm only planning on doing the diet for 3 weeks initially to give me a boost, then sensible eating and carry on with exercise after.

EximiusAstrum said:
Yeh, I've done vlcd before and I found overnight I'd drop 3/4 lbs. I'm 14st 9lb now and is like to be 12.5 but the problem is I don't look fat or overweight and when I went to 12 before I got told I look ill. Just going to slim down till I'm comfortable and happy again :) x

not too much to lose then,Yeah, just have to stop when you feel comfortable and then work on maintaining, I'm the same,I'm quite tall as well,everyone thinks I'm stupid for being on a diet,when I got to 11stone a few months back (I'm 11.7 now) my friends said "you are eating arnt you" or "that's it now,you've lost enough"so I stopped and put some of the weight back on,determined this time to listen to myself and stop when I feel happier, my bmi is slightly over so I'm no Kate moss just yet! Lol x

not too much to lose then,Yeah, just have to stop when you feel comfortable and then work on maintaining, I'm the same,I'm quite tall as well,everyone thinks I'm stupid for being on a diet,when I got to 11stone a few months back (I'm 11.7 now) my friends said "you are eating arnt you" or "that's it now,you've lost enough"so I stopped and put some of the weight back on,determined this time to listen to myself and stop when I feel happier, my bmi is slightly over so I'm no Kate moss just yet! Lol x

Kate Moss is an underweight bint anyway! :) it feels very odd being sober on a Friday night! I'm actually remembering what I'm watching lol! X

EximiusAstrum said:
Kate Moss is an underweight bint anyway! :) it feels very odd being sober on a Friday night! I'm actually remembering what I'm watching lol! X

Agreed! I miss nights out,I know if I went out and had a couple of vodka diet Cokes though id end up at a gross kebab shop,its inevitable lol x

Agreed! I miss nights out,I know if I went out and had a couple of vodka diet Cokes though id end up at a gross kebab shop,its inevitable lol x

Haha! I do love the kebab shop, tbh if I can get through this weekend ill be dead chuffed with myself. I'm out next Saturday for world aids day but ill stick to G&T's to keep it low cal. I'm going to stick to the diet during the day too. It's only one night :) x

EximiusAstrum said:
Haha! I do love the kebab shop, tbh if I can get through this weekend ill be dead chuffed with myself. I'm out next Saturday for world aids day but ill stick to G&T's to keep it low cal. I'm going to stick to the diet during the day too. It's only one night :) x

I'm sure you'll make it through the weekend! Just be careful drinking with ketosis,it shouldn't really affect the diet but drinking in ketosis can be dangerous, you get drunk soo quick too! which is a bonus on cost lol x

Back