Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Management Question

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by yo-yo-dieter, 24 September 2007 Social URL.

1. yo-yo-dieter

yo-yo-dieter Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st7.4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9.1lb(4.02%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm not in Ketosis, and am nibbling a lot at the moment so ketosis wont happen while I am in that frame of mind.

If I were to start Management on Wednesday, not in ketosis, but abstaining apart from that small piece of protein, will I a) get back into ketosis b) lose weight?

Thanks if there are any replies.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. dietingqueen

dietingqueen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    5st8lb(33.91%)
    Diet:
    weight Watchers now but did LL/CD
    yes if you just have the protein, and packs, you will remain in ketosis and you will continue to lose weight similar to abstaining 100%.

Hope that helps.

Nas x

4. Mrs Lard

Mrs Lard Silver Member

Diet:
    LighterLife
    Hi Yo-yo

My understanding is that once you go into Route to Management, you are no longer in ketosis because you are eating.

I wasn't sure if you were hoping to stay in ketosis once RtM has started?

Good luck!

Take care.

Mrs Lard xxxx

5. summer_wilson

summer_wilson Member

KETOSIS

I dont believe you are in Ketosis as Mrs Lard says during management, you are still however during the first 8 weeks on a very low GI diet therefore you may continue to loose weight, noting that you need to watch what you eat and potion sizes.

I lost week the first four weeks of management and am now staying the same even having introduced 2 meals and having a few treats too...

6. yo-yo-dieter

yo-yo-dieter Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st7.4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9.1lb(4.02%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi, thanks for the replies.

Ah-ha! So, I don't actually have to be in ketosis to start management then - that's good, cos I don;t think it's ever gonna happen!!

I'm going to start tomorrow, I'm gonna go to Tesco and buy a piece of chicken breast and have it tomorrow then! Hopefully it will stop me from snacking

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.