Management Question

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by yo-yo-dieter, 24 September 2007 Social URL.

1. yo-yo-dieter

yo-yo-dieter Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st7.4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9.1lb(4.02%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm not in Ketosis, and am nibbling a lot at the moment so ketosis wont happen while I am in that frame of mind.

If I were to start Management on Wednesday, not in ketosis, but abstaining apart from that small piece of protein, will I a) get back into ketosis b) lose weight?

Thanks if there are any replies.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. dietingqueen

dietingqueen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    5st8lb(33.91%)
    Diet:
    weight Watchers now but did LL/CD
    yes if you just have the protein, and packs, you will remain in ketosis and you will continue to lose weight similar to abstaining 100%.

Hope that helps.

Nas x

4. Mrs Lard

Mrs Lard Silver Member

Diet:
    LighterLife
    Hi Yo-yo

My understanding is that once you go into Route to Management, you are no longer in ketosis because you are eating.

I wasn't sure if you were hoping to stay in ketosis once RtM has started?

Good luck!

Take care.

Mrs Lard xxxx

5. summer_wilson

summer_wilson Member

KETOSIS

I dont believe you are in Ketosis as Mrs Lard says during management, you are still however during the first 8 weeks on a very low GI diet therefore you may continue to loose weight, noting that you need to watch what you eat and potion sizes.

I lost week the first four weeks of management and am now staying the same even having introduced 2 meals and having a few treats too...

6. yo-yo-dieter

yo-yo-dieter Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st7.4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9.1lb(4.02%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi, thanks for the replies.

Ah-ha! So, I don't actually have to be in ketosis to start management then - that's good, cos I don;t think it's ever gonna happen!!

I'm going to start tomorrow, I'm gonna go to Tesco and buy a piece of chicken breast and have it tomorrow then! Hopefully it will stop me from snacking

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.