managing your syns

Wee Doll

Silver Member
i view my syns like i view money in my purse

I have a set amount of syns to spend per day / week just the way i have a set amount of money that i can spend without going bankrupt

i use my syns like cash, when having something that is syn value i will say to myself ok i can spend 4 syns on that and ive got 6 left or there is 5 in that whole dish so kyle ( my OH ) owes me 2.5 ( ie im only using 2.5 and he is using the other )

if ya get what i mean .... :8855:
or am i just talking rubbish lol

when i run out of syns i view it like ive just run out of cash and have to wait till payday to get more ( the next day )

how do you manage yours ?

I think thats a very good way of looking at it in perspective Hun...as long as you dont start taking out loans! :) Lol

I just work out that I have 15 syns for the day and I always have my Asda cheese curls and something to nibble on...whats left is mine for things like gravy, mayonnaise, tomato sauce...but the crisps and either the Mikado or curly wurly stay!

Same as you Wee Doll, just like spending money! But when I go over I usually borrow from the next day as if it's one big pot of money for the week and not just one day.

I have limit for each day, but then if I go over I just steal some from the next day. I won't go over 70 a week but how they get spent varies!

i had my first chocolatey treat lastnight and i loved every bit of it :D

i had a cadbury light chocolate mouse ... hmmmm its was yummy and only 3 syns per pot ( i only had 1 lol ) im thinking of having 1 tonight and dipping strawberries into it .... not to keen on them but il eat them cause they are speed foods lol

That's what I do evilpenguin. Some people say use 5-15 daily others say it's ok to use a total in 1 week !! Is it a personnal thing depending what works for you or is there a right & wrong way to work the syns?

I think I pretty much manage them like you , although I limit myself to 10 a day ( with the odd few more at a weekend )
I tend to try and save it all till the evening and then have a proper 'spending spree' !!!!!

hmm thats a really good idea. There have been times before SW i used to have a mortgage to cover my syns he he

i dont ever use more than 10 a day unless i have saved up for them to be used at the weekend for having a drink

i dont save syns for food at the weekend as i usually keep everything syn free so i can have a bigger drink lol

I just count on having 15 a day, some days I use my limit & other days I actually use none - I do try to use some but don't force myself to have things for the sake of it.

I def do daily rather than weekly though :)

i had my first chocolatey treat lastnight and i loved every bit of it :D

i had a cadbury light chocolate mouse ... hmmmm its was yummy and only 3 syns per pot ( i only had 1 lol ) im thinking of having 1 tonight and dipping strawberries into it .... not to keen on them but il eat them cause they are speed foods lol

I so want one of these now! I used to live off them but didn't realise they were only 3 syns! Thanks!

Back