Mandy's Diary

monkeypants

Hello,

I couldn't find a newbies section to introduce myself, so I thought I would start here - plus I've spent the last week having a nose at everyone else's diaries to get tips, tricks and ideas - and its inspired to start me own. A little bit about me: I'm 25, a marketing manager from Oxford. I've struggled with my weight all my life, and until I was 18 I always weighed my age. At the age of 21 I reached up to 19 stone, but it really didn't seem to bother me that much...until about 6 months later when I was going to make a photobook for my Mum for Christmas, and I was looking back through my 21st birthday photos and I realised how big I was. So off I went, crying my eyes and wanting to make a change.

I've tried every diet under the sun over 4 years; and the only thing that worked for me was reducing my calorie intake (on 1200 a day) - I lost 4 stone in about a year doing that, but I wasn't happy; I was hungry ALL the time, grumpy too, didn't have any energy to exercise and would often binge.

I'm also running a half marathon in October (fat girls can run, except this one runs very slowly) - and since Monday when I started SW my runs seems to be more energize. I feel like I was previously starving myself then going running, and the runs felt boring, long and life-less. Then I would come back starving and eat all the bad things I could find.

I've still got 5 stone to lose - well 5.5 (as 7lbs crept back on), and I've recently being reading a lot of weight loss blogs and articles on people losing weight successfully with slimming world, so this Sunday just gone (the 27th July 2014) I got online and read everything I could, and thought this seems to be the diet for me. I worked out that I couldn't really make meetings in the area, I have a crazy work schedule, so I thought I'm going to sign up online for 3 months and then I found this forum; where it seems like a very supportive bunch; so I'm hoping I can get all the support I would get from a group from you guys.

My main reasons to lose weight (they are are vain and superficial - I'm sorry).<br>
1 - I've wanted to be weigh a normal weight FOREVER; I wasn't ready to do it just yet, but as I've not got other part of my life in order, its time to focus on ME :)
2 - I'm pretty sure the boyf is going to propose in the next 18 months (we're just about to buy a house together, and have been together 5.5 years - so he needs to soon), and I therefore don't want to be a big bride, I also don't want to be worrying about dieting whilst planning a wedding (the family stress will be enough to deal with).
3 - We're going to Cuba in May 2015, and I want to feel happy and healthy on the beach, not self-conscious and like a blob.

If you're still reading - thank you for sticking with me. I have a habit of rambling on (it's part of my job). I'm really looking forward to my Monday morning weigh in, and also looking forward to getting advice / comments / tips / motivation from you all.

Mandy XXX

Last edited:
Hi Mandy, have a good read through all the forums on here. you will get great advice and also great recipe ideas. i joind SW online in February and lost 30lbs in 12 weeks. i have maintained my current weight for 2 months. The thing i like most about SW is that i am never hungry. It's a life style change that I have adapted to pretty well. I alway make sure i have plenty of fruit with me at work and plan my meals in advance (when possible with 3 daughter to look after). I found this website very helpful and the members very friendly and willign to help.
Good luck, and fingers crosses for your proposal :)

Hi Mandy, have a good read through all the forums on here. you will get great advice and also great recipe ideas. i joind SW online in February and lost 30lbs in 12 weeks. i have maintained my current weight for 2 months. The thing i like most about SW is that i am never hungry. It's a life style change that I have adapted to pretty well. I alway make sure i have plenty of fruit with me at work and plan my meals in advance (when possible with 3 daughter to look after). I found this website very helpful and the members very friendly and willign to help.
Good luck, and fingers crosses for your proposal :)

30lbs in 12 weeks - that's amazing! Well done.

Thanks for the words on encouragement - I'll update todays food diary tomorrow.

Had a very syn-ful weekend, but I did walk around a lot (trip to Legoland). I'm not going to write down what I ate over the weekend (as I don't think I can really face it at the moment). But today is my weigh day and I'm 2.5lbs down, so pretty happy with that. Hopefully I'll be 100% on plan week this week and lots of runs too - so next week I'll be down some more :).

Today's Food Plan:

Breakfast:
2 x Apricots
1 x Banana
1 x Aldi Brooklea Fat Free Strawberry Yoghurt (1.5 syns)

Lunch:
Subway Chicken Breast Salad with olives (0.5 syns), with Sweet Onion Sauce (2 syns)

Snack:
2 Cereal Bars (HEB)

Dinner:
Prawn and Bacon Fried Rice: Rice, lean bacon bits, prawns, peas, spinach, spring onions, garlic, soy sauce, chinese 5 spice

Drinks: 4 pints of water, numerous cups of tea with semi-skimmed milk (HEA)

Exercise: 5K around the Park, then Body Pump Class - I'm probably going to collapse on a big heap on the fall after.

Happy Mondays :)

Tuesday 5th August

Yesterday went to plan (ish), got my run in but didn't make it to Body Pump as the boyf needed a lift from work because he wasn't feeling very well - but that's OK, I've booked the Wednesday session instead. Also only managed to eat one cereal bar as I didn't realise but only had one left - so will stock up tonight.

Today's Plan:
Breakfast:
1 x Aldi Brooklea low fat Strawberry Yoghurt (1.5 syns)
1 x Banana
2 x Apricots
1 x handful of raspberries

Lunch:
As I forgot my lunch today (I was going to have yesterday's leftovers without the rice) I'm going to opt for the subway salad again, it was really filling and low-syn.
Subway Chicken Breast Salad with olives (0.5 syns), with Sweet Onion Sauce (2 syns)

Snack:
2 Cereal Bars (HEB)

Dinner:
Turkey Burgers (home-made, syn free) with SW Chips and a big leafy side salad followed by some melon

Drinks:
4 pints of water, one coffee with semi-skimmed milk, 3 teas with semi-skimmed milk (HEA)

Exercise:
5K around the park

Wednesday 6th August

So yesterday kind of went to plan - except I had a Subway Cookie, which wasn't planned but did fit within my syns, it was 10 syns and I totalled 14.5 syns for yesterday....so HURRAY! I can have my cake and eat it, as long as its within syn allowance - I love SW!

My sweet tooth was also craving yesterday evening around 9pm, when I finally sat down for the day, but instead of eating the lemon drizzle cake I had just baked for work, I cut up some melon and munched on that - go me for self control.

I didn't get my run in last night, as we went to look at a house, then to the shops; but that's OK, as I was planning on resting my legs today, but instead today I'll run today (I may do it on the treadmill too, weather dependent).

Today's Plan:
Breakfast - 1 Muller Light Peach and Pineapple with 2 apricots sliced and 2 alpen light bars (HEB) broken up and mixed together

Lunch:
Monday's leftovers without the rice: so lean bacon bits, prawns, peas, spinach, spring onions, garlic, soy sauce, chinese 5 spice, with few of last nights wedges thrown in, a bit of lettuce and tomatoes on the side (it's a bit of a mash up).

Snack:
Banana

Dinner:
Jamaican Chicken with grilled veggies: aubergine, courgettes, onions, tomatoes and some spinach followed by some Melon

Drinks:
4 pints of water, various cups of tea / coffee with semi-skimmed milk (HEA)

Exercise:
5K around the Park or on the treadmill....depends on how I feel.

HAPPY HUMP DAY!

Hi Mandy, popping in to sub. Food sounds lovely!! x

Hello!

Happy Thursday, not long till the weekend.

Yesterday's Breakfast, Lunch, and Snack went to plan; I was at work all day and as it's TOTM I was feeling a little rough and need of sugar, but when a collegue came round at 3:30pm saying he was going to the shops do I want anything, I resisted the urge to ask for chocolate. However when he came back he brought me a flake, he said I looked like I needed it (more like I look like I've had too many in my life), but I kindly refused it and he offered it so someone else. GO WILL POWER!

When I got home, I was feeling tired, emotional and hungry - so I zapped two baby potatoes in the microwave and covered them in two kerry low low mature cheddar slices (6 syns) , and slumped on the sofa and watched Cat Fish, feeling super sorry for myself. As the show ended I thought I'd watch something else whilst I stuff my face, but I got up and thought instead of stuffing my face, I'll go for the run I had planned, as that will make me feeling better and not spiral out of control. So I did just that, and it felt like one of my best runs yet.

When it came around to dinner time, I really didn't fancy any chicken, though I made it for the OH I ended up boiling some eggs, sauteeing some veggies with a few fry light sprays and some stock and a bit of brown rice. Followed by Melon :). So all in all a roller-coaster of a day, that turned out good in the end.

Today's Plan:

Breakfast:
2 x Alpen Light Bars (HEB) broken up into a 1 x Muller Light Peach and Pineapple Yoghurt with 2 x sliced apricots

Lunch:
Yesterday's dinner, veggies only (onions, aubergine, courgettes, peppers cooked with stock powder and 4 sprays of fry light) with 2 boiled eggs

Snack:
Banana

Dinner:
Pasta in a tomato sauce, with mushrooms, peppers and corguettes, with 2 slices of Kerry Low Low (6 syns) side salad of lettuce and spinach.

Exercise: No formal exercise, but we may be hosting a party on Saturday, so cleaning the house like a crazy woman.

Drinks:
1 x coffee and about 3 x tea - with semi-skimmed milk (HEA), 4 pints of water

Hi Mandy!
Dropping in to Subscribe. <3 Well done on your terrific loss so far! xx

Oh man! I'm so excited haha, It's one thing when you start and you keep going each week, It's only when you look back and you see how much time has flown by! I'd be very excited to see our progress when that time comes. NEED to get the boyf to take pics of me TONIGHT WITHOUT FAIL so I have some to use for each stone I lose or something xx

Friday 8th August

It’s going to be a long post…sorry!

Yesterday didn’t quiet go to plan (this seems to be a re-occurring sentence here). Breakfast was fine, then I had to popped to Sainsburys before Lunch to get the boyf a birthday card and the rest of his present. When I was there I was a bit peckish, so I got a sushi pack to eat on the drive back to the office (it’s only a 10 minute drive), the sushi pack is only 2 syns, so I didn’t feel too guilty. Then I got back to the office, at my lunch of veggies and two boiled eggs and followed it up with my snack-time banana.

So far – not too bad.

I got home from work and popped into the shops on the way back; needed to pick up a dress I ordered and get some bits for a BBQ we’re having on Saturday. Whilst I was in the shops I was hungry again, and I saw they had Mugshots.

Now I’ve always wanted to try a Mugshot as people talk about them on here a lot as they are free, so I got a tomato one. I made it when I got home and it was HORRIBLE – disgusting, the pasta barely cooked and the soup was so watery, so I threw half away. I wasn’t hungry at this point but I was in ‘I want to eat everything mode’, and because I’ve got rid of all the junk in my house I ended up doing what I did the day before, and zapping 2 baby potatoes in the microwave with 2 kerry low low slices (6 syns). Luckily my Mum called me after this, which was a comfort in itself and I stopped eating till dinner time.

Even though everything unplanned I ate on was free, I felt horrible about it. Mainly because it was unplanned and I was trying to binge on free foods. Bingeing is not good for me, free or not. I need to get in touch with my body more and work out what I need. I’m going to blame it on TOTM at the moment, and put it at that.

Dinner was the pasta in tomato sauce and loads of veggies as planned, didn’t have the cheese though as I already had that with my potato snack.

Had some melon before bed too – as planned.

Today’s Plan – Extra Easy

I’m a little bit nervous about today, as I have 2 meals out of my control. I have a work lunch at the local pub (who only have salads on if it’s on their specials), otherwise it’s proper pub grub; fish and chips, pie and chips, burgers and chips, scampi and chips etc or wraps / sandwiches / panini’s

Then we’re off to Swindon to see the boyf family for his birthday and tonight we’re having dinner with his Dad at their local – they’re menu is a bit more flexible from memory (I can’t find it online) – I think a jacket potato with beans and a side salad will be on order today.

Breakfast:
2 x alpen light bars (HEB)
2 x apricots
1 x Muller Light

Lunch:
If no salads in the specials, a cheese and pickle baguette

Dinner:
Hopefully a Jacket with Beans and Side Salad

Exercise – none L no time

Drinks – coffee x 1 and tea x 3 with semi-skimmed milk (HEA) and 4 pints of water.

They had the chicken Salad as specials - it's just grilled chicken, on a leafy salad with a few parmeasan shavings and 4 croutons - so I put it down as 5 syns. I really fancied some chocolate (damn TOTM), so I got a curly wurly (6 syns) too- 11syns for today and hopefully a syn-free or low-syn dinner :).

Oh my! The weekend & Monday was bad....it was the boyf birthday, and whilst I thought I 'kept' it good for most of the weekend, I ended up drinking a lot on Saturday and staying in bed hungover till Monday (though I think it was a cold). I ate far too much yesterday and I don't want to face it (denial!) but I will (just later, when I have time to jot everything down).

Back on it today...going to have my first red day :).

Today's plan:

As I'm still full from yesterday's binge, I only brought a muller light with me for brekkie - haven't had it yet, can't face it, too full!

Lunch - Chicken Breast Salad

Dinner - Turkey burgers (no buns) with a big salad and sauteed mushrooms.

Drinks - 1 cup of coffee with a teaspoon of honey (1 syn), 4 cup of tea - all with semi-skimmed milk (HEA), 6+ pints of water, to drown the crap out of my body.

Exercise - 5K around the park.

Not weighing myself this week, I feel guilty enough about all the food I consumed over the last 3 days, if I step on the scales and it's not good news I'm going to spiral into the fridge of emotions. I've got a work dinner on Thursday night too, which I don't have much control of the menu, so I'm going to try and keep every day red this week except for Thursday and Sunday (as I'm at a christening).

Wish me luck.

So I just checked out the red day list online for the first time, and it's amazing - I can have two HEB and two HEA :)- So instead of a chicken salad for lunch, I'm going to have a 2 whole meal rolls with a slice of kerry low low in each, with a table spoon of pickle in each (1 syn each), followed by my muller light, that I've not had yet (couldn't face breakfast), and some salad leaves.

Dinner is going to be a big salad with turkey burgers as planned.

So today looks like this:

Capture.JPG

Yesterday went well and too plan, except for my run - only managed 3K, I was feeling heavy and lethargic and not very comfortable with myself, so I stupidly gave up. That's not going to happen tonight though!

I was also scared of having a red day, as I feared the lack of carbs would mean I was hungry, but I was fine, and to be honest, didn't think about it that much.

Today's plan:

Breakfast - a bowl of melon. I'm loving melon at the moment, firstly it's cheap at tesco and it's surprisingly very filling.

Lunch - same a yesterday. 2 60g wholemeal rolls (HEB x 2), 2 slices of Kerry Low Low (HEA), 2 table spoons of branston pickle (2 syns), small chunks, some crispy salad leaves and a strawberry muller light.

Dinner - Tuna and Egg Salad, tin of tuna, 2 boiled eggs, lots of leafy greens, tomatoes, spring onions, beetroot

Drinks - 1 x coffee with honey (1 syn), 3 x tea - all with semi-skimmed milk (HEA), 5 pints of water

Exercise - 5-6K to make up for yesterday.

I really want to reach my mini goal of 210lbs by next Monday, so fingers crossed for me :)

Back