Mandys Lipotrim Refeed Diary

Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow hun... You are doing really well, so i bet you are fretting over nothing.... Please let us know how you do x x x x

OSTRICH. Wow.

That's all I'm gonna say.... Lower in fat and higher in protein than chicken or turkey, but a he'll of a lot tastier...

I would recommend this to anyone

Yum yum xx

OSTRICH. Wow.

That's all I'm gonna say.... Lower in fat and higher in protein than chicken or turkey, but a he'll of a lot tastier...

I would recommend this to anyone

Yum yum xx

How did you cook it? I've only ever had it in a meat fondue, ie cooked like steak. It was lovely.

Cooked it on the George Foreman it was lush lush lush lol

It's Saturday morning... Ive been awake since 6am... Worried about weigh in... I know I'm stoopid but, there couldn't be anything else keeping me awake...

It's gonna be worse next week, as I start day 2 today, that's two meals a day...

Bought some tins if tuna, and a little lunch box to do my tuna or chicken salad, Im gonna do day 2 for a week definately 2 weeks if i can manage it, can't see it being a problem, I'm still enjoying the chicken and now I've found ostritch that helps too...

Everyweek, I'm buying something that I didn't like before, to try and keep my palete different, and have a wider range of tastes.
First week it was celery, last week was beetroot, this week is ostritch I like them all so far, don't know what I'm gonna try next week lol

Any way I'm waffling to take up time, my weigh in isn't 11 ish so here I am lol

Good luck at weigh in, you'll be fine xxxxx

Thanks sandra

2nd week weigh in on refeed (Day 1 only) I lost 3.5lbs

All my worrying was silly, but I'll still feel the same next week lol

Thanks sandra

2nd week weigh in on refeed (Day 1 only) I lost 3.5lbs

All my worrying was silly, but I'll still feel the same next week lol

Already said I told you so on another thread! But you know what? I'm going to be exactly the same! X

Well done hun.. All that worrying for nothing!! lol x x

It cause I went this week !! Pmsl

Well done Amanada.. That's fantastic! You're right to be taking thing so slowly.. I'm struggling to refeed at the minute. Its just so handy to be taking a shake or soup.

I'm feeling full tonight after two meals, but I've had a lot more liquid today aswell, been very thirsty...

Still not eating salt and pepper, but I had some wholegrain mustard tonight, my god it nearly blew my nose off lol

This week I'm going to do more toning in the gym...

I've been doing a lot of cardio, and feel now I'm eating two really healthy salads a day I'm ready for more toning exercises...

It could mean that I start to add a little more muscle, which weighs more than fat... Vicious circle!!

True but it will pull you in and make you lose inches and look thinner, and muscle burns more calories than fat .......I'm sure that will all far outweigh any minuscule gain that you may have......

Well done, I love how strict you're being with yourself, hope that I can show as much self-control later this week! X

I'm sure you will Sandra...

Have you decided on any plan of action for your refeed, or are you doing the standard 7 day?

I know you have chosen Dukan for afterwards, good luck with that xx

Not really, I don't want to introduce carbs properly as I don't want to have that awful period of getting back into ketosis. So I've had eggs again today and tomorrow I'm going to get some chicken, ham and stuff like that and have a tiny bit of salad. I think that I'll do a week with two shakes/soups and one meal and then do a week with two meals. I'm going to carry on weighing myself every day and see what happens. On Dukan I should do 5 days of pure protein, ie no salad but I really fancy some salad! I had it twice last weekend and it was wonderful....

I've sly another 3lbs this week so far even though I'm eating eggs every night, must be cos there's less carbs than in a shake?

I know that I have to eat carbs before I go into hospital but I don't want to!

Yeah I have to admit, I'm not missing carbs at all, and some of that is worry about eating them...

I have to admit I would enjoy a wrap for lunch more than the tuna salad I'm having now, but only cause it would be easier to make lol

You will be fine, can I ask why you have to eat carbs before you go into hospital? You can tell them you have a special diet of high protein...

I know that this sounds daft Amanda, but I honestly hadn't thought about continuing on just protein in hospital! I will ask them next week when I go for my blood tests etc.......my doctor was just adamant that I'm not still on LT!

I didn't have eggs last night as I've got a bit fed up with them so I had an Exante soup instead. I took a bar out with me today but didn't fancy it but I went to M&S on the way home and got lots of chicken and ham that was on special offer. Went mad, well for me, and have had a bit of each for a late lunch. I bought a rocket salad too and was planning on having that tonight with some smoked salmon but don't feel that enthusiastic .....do you feel like that? That you think that you really fancy something but when it comes to actually eating it you find that it's not that exciting after all?! I was just going to do five days of protein but I'm going to have a couple with some salad first, but only salad.

But if it came to toast, well I think that I could easily polish off a couple of buttered slices! How long before you're going to try carbs?

Yeah, for some reason, fish, is the thing I fancy when I buy it, but don't look forward to it when I chose what to have out of the fridge... Lol

As for me eating carbs, Im on day two till next Saturday, then day 3 for a week, I'm trying to do my refeed inline with low gi as that is my lifestyle choice after all of this, so if i have potato, it will be sweet potato... And I will be making my own granola, bean salad, and trying quinoa etc etc...

The recipes in my gi book, are mouth watering lol, but everything is lol

I'm working on (wait for it, it's better than it sounds, infact you would never guess) a recipe for low fat, low sugar, low gi, high fibre blueberry muffins.. I will post it when it's right, as it should be good for all diet/lifestyle choices

Ask at the hospital though, might make things easier for you if you wanna lay off the carbs, as long as your eating fruit and veg (your magical 5 a day) can't see them having a problem. Good luck and let us know xx

No fruit on Dukan Diet until you get to goal! Mmmm don't want people to bring me chocs but I love fruit! Maybe I'd better re-think Dukan too? This is getting so confusing.....

Look forward to the blueberry muffin recipe, I love blueberries and before LT I used to get loads from M&S and munch them by the handful! Can you make the muffins high-fibre I wonder? I've got 100%oat bran for the Dukan diet and apparently it's really good to cook with.....

Which GI book did you get Amanda?

Back