Mango Sizing

SarahC4107

Was seriously peed off on Saturday. We had a christening to go to yesterday so I dragged my OH off into town to shop for something to wear. Now, I am still on my LT journey and still have a stone and a half to lose until I get to my goal but I have lost over 4 stone since June which I am delighted about.

Anyhow, it felt SO weird (in a good way) being able to go in all the trendy shops and know that something would fit me. (I have gone from a size 20 to currently a size 14). Went into Mango and was really confused over their sizing as it was S, M, L and XL. When I asked the assistant to explain the sizes to me she said Medium is a size 10, Large a size 12 and XL a 14!! I couldn't believe it and was so gutted that after dropping all that weight I'm still an XL fat b****** in Mango!!!!

It's no wonder there are so many size/eating issues with young girls today :(

congrats on your loss, like cankster said, let your feet do the talking!

Same with mexx, I'm between a L or XL :O I'm between 12/14.

Yeah, I've only been into Mango once or twice as there isn't one down here and the sizes have always been teeny tiny.

Cheers guys for all your lovely comments :) It just put me on a bit of a downer at the time. I wish all the shops would use the same sizing methods so a gal would know where she was!

same with urban outfitters here, the xl is 12/14!

:pMango sizing is insane! I've been losing weight steadily but clothes in my wardrobe that fit me run from a 12 to a 20-it's unbelievable! I haven't got a bloody clue what size I am!

I bought a Mango top & dress from Asos. The lace top has no stretch and is a Large (size 12!) and fits like a glove & looks beautiful. I also got a dress with a tiny bit of stretch in extra large (size 14!) and can hardly get it over my neck! My chum is severely anorexic and is a size 6-8. She tried on the dress tonight and it JUST fits her!

I can see how people are despondent when they lose weight and can't find stuff to fit! I seriously don't give a **** what the label says now. Sizes vary within a shop, never mind a whole range of different shops.

For the record, shops who are very small sizing in my experience are Mango & Zara (although not in Spain where the sizes are generous), Kookai, TopShop for some things especially round the bust, and Miss Selfridge. More realistic sizes are at Dorothy Perkins, French Connection, River Island & Marks and Spencer. Although, again. different types of clothes really vary.

I used to be hung up on sizes but am now happy just to buy what looks good, regardless of the size which means bugger all. I think shops introduce a size 6 and 8 to flatter people so they'll keep going to that shop as it makes them feel thin!

Sorry for the rant but it annoys me. 20 years ago, a size 10 was small but perfect. Now, where have all the size 8s & 6s come from?! I compared an old topshop size 12 skirt with a friend's size 6 skirt and I swear that the 12 was only about an inch bigger!

Bugger the labels!!!!!!!!!

Same with Animal. I have a few pairs of animal trousers at size 14, and they are all different sizes. Some are hanging off me, others are really tight. Crazy stuff!

Back