Many vegetarians on Slimming World?

Hi there,

I have just discovered this forum, so hello to everyone! :)

I started Slimming World a few weeks ago, and being a veggie, I have opted to go Green everyday. It's going well so far, with a 9lb loss.

I just wondered if there are many other vegetarians on Slimming World, and how it's going for you. This is the first diet where I've been able to eat unlimited potatoes and pasta which really helps being veggie, but I am a little concerned about my carb intake!

Even so, I am doing some exercise here and there in the form of swimming and football!

I've lost 9lbs in the first 2 weeks but the consultant has told me not to be fed up if the weight loss slows down. I would like to keep this up so will scour the forums for tasty veggie recipies! :D

Last edited:
I am vegetarian, almost vegan - the only dairy I have is milk. I love the plan and think it is great. I am happy with my losses too - I average 1.5 - 2lbs a week.
Good luck on your journey

That's good to hear, as I don't know many vegetarians on this plan. I would be happy with 2lbs a week, I think I lost a lot more in the first couple as my body adjusted to a much healthier diet! Good luck too! I'll be keeping an eye on this forum from now on! :D

I'm veggie too. I love that you can have lots of carbs, eggs and tofu! I'm not a big Quorn fan (I have never eaten meat, and find the texture of Quorn a bit wierd) though I do eat the sausages occasionally, and use the mince to bulk out food.

I find SW is so easy for me. I loose on average 1.5-2lbs per week.

Good luck

x

ps there are lots of good receipes on here. Don't discount the meat ones though, you can substitute meat for quorn/tofu. I did this with the chicken curry receipe in the latest SW mag and it was yummy!

Hiya, I am a veggie too,I have been on the plan since Jan and really love it, I have been on 3 holidays and am still losing , I think it is so easy to do as nearly everything I eat is free anyway,good luck to you,well done on your weightloss so far.

Hi there, another veggie here. I always do green days and loving the plan so far.

Likewise - another veggie here! Love the fact that pasta/spuds etc are all free - it's as if a veggie designed the diet! I don't know about you guys, but they seemed to be my diet staples anyway! Although I'm now more aware of what I put with it all!

Laurob, couldn't agree more...another non meat eater here. Well. I do eat tuna once or twice a year as part of my ever lasting battle with anemia, otherwise, been 'veggie' for 18 years. SW is PERFECT for 'us'...I struggle to remember hw I even ate differently pre-SW, but I guess I did! lol

Another veggie here - I love SW.
Just had baked potato, moroccan butter beans and ratitouille to eat and all free.
Irene

Hi there all, cheers for the replies. I am doing ok but nearly had a blip today when I spotted McDonalds have started doing those Cheese Melt Dipper things again!

Cheese has always been something I've found hard to cut down on, but am enjoying the fact that I can use plenty of Laughing Cow Extra Light triangles as a healthy extra substitute! Great instead of cheese in a pasta bake!

I'm going to trawl through some of the low-syn veggie recipies and ideas on here as it looks like there are quite a few of us veggies on Slimming World! :D

Hi Veggie4life!!

Im veggie too & Ive now been doing SW for 11 weeks now & Ive lost 16lbs.

To this day I still don't totally understand how I can lose weight eating so many carbs but its been proven to me & I guess its the way the food I eat breaks down.

When I started SW I bought the 100 green recipes book from my group & have tried lots of things from there, I love the veggie lasagne & quorn shepherds pie.

I havn't been veggie long really & felt pretty embarassed when someone asked me what healthy things I eat in place of meat, as I wasn't eating anything I should. Since starting SW I must now eat quorn almost everyday & love it. Feel much healthier. There's lots of yummy green recipes out there :)

Thanks for that tip Lisa will try those recipes for lasagne and shepherds pie...yum

0_half_stone.jpg

Last edited:
Hi guys,
I know this is a really old thread & a real long shot, but I'm just finding my feet with vegetarianism and am trying to find more veggie SW'ers for friends/support/ideas and all that good stuff :)

I'm pescetarian so eat fish, but my bf is veggie so I don't eat fish much at home. I do Green days for at least half the week. I still try to stick to the 1/3 superfree rule from Extra Easy though, as I think it's a good habit to ensure we get enough vitamins and keep the carbs under control (PCOS here...).

I thought I'd find it very hard limiting my cheese and creme fraiche but it's actually been ok, partly due to discovering quark and using more fatfree cottage cheese/yoghurt. I tend to choose stronger cheese like gruyere as my HeA and grate them over things and that provides a fair bit of flavour.

I did find it a bit hard at first to find enough varied recipes but now I'm trying out new versions of some of the high-fat meals I used to enjoy as well. I also set myself the challenge of trying to work through the majority of the superfree fruit and veg options most months, as I realised before SW I had come to rely on cheese to liven up dishes made with peppers and tomatoes, peppers and tomatoes, pepper and tomatoes all the time.

As for protein, I like quorn burgers and sausages, mince is ok, tofu is ok with a good sauce (but I miss paneer), pulses, and a lot of eggs. I was incredibly excited today to learn that refried beans are Free on EE and Green (I had expected a million syns!) so will be trying to find some new ways to use those now.

I'm pescetarian so eat fish, but my bf is veggie so I don't eat fish much at home. I do Green days for at least half the week. I still try to stick to the 1/3 superfree rule from Extra Easy though, as I think it's a good habit to ensure we get enough vitamins and keep the carbs under control (PCOS here...).

I thought I'd find it very hard limiting my cheese and creme fraiche but it's actually been ok, partly due to discovering quark and using more fatfree cottage cheese/yoghurt. I tend to choose stronger cheese like gruyere as my HeA and grate them over things and that provides a fair bit of flavour.

I did find it a bit hard at first to find enough varied recipes but now I'm trying out new versions of some of the high-fat meals I used to enjoy as well. I also set myself the challenge of trying to work through the majority of the superfree fruit and veg options most months, as I realised before SW I had come to rely on cheese to liven up dishes made with peppers and tomatoes, peppers and tomatoes, pepper and tomatoes all the time.

As for protein, I like quorn burgers and sausages, mince is ok, tofu is ok with a good sauce (but I miss paneer), pulses, and a lot of eggs. I was incredibly excited today to learn that refried beans are Free on EE and Green (I had expected a million syns!) so will be trying to find some new ways to use those now.

Thank you so much for your response :)

I've got pcos too!
Did you find the carb intake from green made any of your pcos symptoms worse seeing as it's supposed to be linked to insulin and stuff?

In the new green/original book it advises 1/3rd superfree the same as extra easy so I guess you beat them to it! :) x

Did you find the carb intake from green made any of your pcos symptoms worse seeing as it's supposed to be linked to insulin and stuff?

To be honest I think it's too early for me to tell - I'm on week 8 so not that much further along than you - but I think even following green is more PCOS-friendly than my previous diet. Following the 1/3 rule means that I'm eating less carbohydrate than I was before SW. The HeB options are all slow-release which keeps blood sugar stable. Switching from fruit juice to fruit also keeps blood sugar stable. I'm also having a LOT less refined sugar and alcohol.

So far, I haven't noticed much difference in my acne though the rest of my skin seems clearer. I haven't felt the need to pluck my chin/cheeks so much lately so I wonder if that's winter laziness or it's actually growing back more slowly! I don't know if my hormonal cycle is getting more regular yet but I am noticing the changes it brings more so I think maybe it is getting stronger. As for the weight loss, which PCOS slows down, that's going at a speed I'm very happy with, though not as fast as some people. By your stats it looks like you're doing really well so hopefully you are also feeling healthier!

Hi guys,
I know this is a really old thread & a real long shot, but I'm just finding my feet with vegetarianism and am trying to find more veggie SW'ers for friends/support/ideas and all that good stuff :)

Hey! Vegan here! I have a food diary on here in my signature there's a link, I post some pictures too, it might help with ideas :) I'm loving it at the moment!

Hey! Vegan here! I have a food diary on here in my signature there's a link, I post some pictures too, it might help with ideas :) I'm loving it at the moment!

Thanks for the reply. I'll check it out :)

Hello there, I'm veggie, was vegan for a while but had to chahge for health reasons. I've always done Green and I'm just 3 lbs off 5 stone. You don't have to have loads of carbs on green, I don't. I think having 2 of each healthy extra helps nutritionally if you're veggie and if you like cheese it allows you to have cheese and use milk. I think SW is so easy to follow as a veggie because to get so many veggie friendly foods that are free. Good luck with your journey x

Back