Marbles in two glasses

Elemental

Chasing the Rainbow
Now I am not complaining about plagerism here , more commenting on what is either a weird coincidence or interesting web phenomenon...

But a while ago I had an idea about how to display my weight loss in my front room, a little like a ticker but without having to log on to see my progress. I posted my idea to someone who was struggling on MFP and a little while after I have seen a poster on here with the two glasses with marbles and now I've seen this post with loads of comments saying what a great idea it is.

Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal | MyFitnessPal.com

Maybe its just a really obvious idea that loads of people thought of, or maybe I actually had a great idea that's gone kinda viral?? lol My self esteem is generally pretty low so if it is the latter then I'd be very very chuffed! But it is probably the former lol . Here is where I first suggested it anyway, maybe people will let me know if they thought of it before me or what haha.

need more support from my own weight group | MyFitnessPal.com

Anyway my two glasses with glass pebbles are looking awesome :D

Hi Elemental.
I adapted the idea from something someone on my previous AAW8 plan suggested last year, although she used marbles in a jam jar whereas I thought using the glass pebble things in vases to coordinate with my lounge would be nicer! I guess it is one of those visual things that a few people have probably seen somewhere or adapted to suit them. It works though and even my hubby notices the difference in my vases when he comes home at the weekends even if he doesnt notice an odd couple of pounds gone on me!!

I think its a fab idea! I cant have jars or vases of deorative stuff though as my monster munches will get their hands on them!

Back